KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » the case of Baby Peter

the case of Baby Peter
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

the case of Baby Peter

No doubt, by now, all of our UK members are thouroughly aware of the details of the case but for our non UK members i'll give some details of it

A little over a year ago a 17 month old boy died from child abuse in Haringey, London...his name was Peter and he died at the hands of his mother, her boyfriend and their lodger through either their actions or inaction to stop the abuse.

The details of the abuse are quite horrifying and as such i'll put them in spoilers so that those of you how do not want to read the details don't have to

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the tip of one finger had been sliced off with several other finger nails being pulled out and the others blackened by injuries to the fingers. many cuts and bruises on the head and face as well as a partially detatched earlobe that appeared to have been pulled off. a torn fraenulum (the strip of skin that joins the upper lip to the gum (as if it had been pulled and torn. one of his front teeth had been knocked out and subsequently found in his colon after he had swallowed it. several large lacerations to the top of his head. one of which could have been the result of a dog bite. 9 broken ribs and a broken spine after he had been bent backwards over his cot (ultimately what killed him but not instantly...he suffered for a prolonged time after the injury including an inspection by a doctor who missed the ribs and back injury

what makes the case all the more horrifying is that in the time the abuse was taking place there had been over 60 visits by social workers to the family and recommendations by some social workers and doctors to have the baby removed from the mothers custody

the father of baby Peter had been forced by threat of prosecution, to give custody back to the mother after refusing to hand him over because of the injuries he was getting while in her care.

one Doctor at an emergency ward after baby Peter was admitted, did not want to release the baby back to the mother after telling his superiors that he believed the injuries to be deliberately inflicted...he was overruled

all of these blunders and acts of sheer incompetence led to this young boy's death...

in my opinion, the whole thing is a result of a society that has gone so far to be politically correct that everyone is fearful of making decisions or saying anything for fear of offending someone and being sued for making that decision....and as such noone wanted to say enough was enough and that the baby was clearly being abused...because if it turned out not to be the case then the person that made the call would lose their job and no doubt be sued for huge amounts of money

it is this litigation and compensation obsessed, fearful and PC society that we have allowed to get out of control that has resulted in the death of this boy

now i have no doubt there are people in the social work field who do everything they can to ensure the protection of the vulnerable in their area and do great work...and it should be noted that they are overworked and underfunded at the best of times

what is scary is that in the current economic climate, councils in the UK are struggling to balance the books and social work is usually the 1st public service to see cuts made to it in order keep spending in check...with this in mind, i will say here and now that we haven't seen the last example of a child dieing even though people knew of the abuse yet did nothing about it....baby Peter is just the unfortunate poster boy.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Last edited by BackFire on Nov 22nd, 2008 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:55 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

That is sickening. I'm lost for words.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 01:08 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, this is first I've heard of it. Truly horrid. Hope those people get locked up for the rest of their lives.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 01:14 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Re: the case of Baby Peter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
the father of baby Peter had been forced by threat of prosecution, to give custody back to the mother after refusing to hand him over because of the injuries he was getting while in her care.

the mythological belief that children are better with their mothers than with their fathers has lead to countless cases of children suffering.

I wish the courts would get over it. I'm tired of seeing my male friends bend over backward to get custody of their child from a methed out *****.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 01:19 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

That makes me f*cking sick to my stomach, literally. Some people are worse than animals. I don't think words exist to describe the sheer satanic nature of their actions. Disgusting.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 02:59 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'm going to be honest and admit that reading the spoiler text actually made me tear up.

That shit is just horrible. Maybe this type of stuff bothers me more than you guys because my beautiful little girl is just two months younger than that lad was. I couldn't even fathom doing any of that to my little girl.

Just horrible.

I probably shouldn't have read that.

Anyway. Yeah. So, what about the mother? Did someone do that stuff to her? What made her think that doing any of that was okay? Someone had to have done something to her in loads in order for her to end up doing something like that to a small child. Aren't humans programmed to be more altruistic to the young? (not just humans...other apes too.)

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:03 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Horrific. I don't think it's a case of PC going out of control. In fact it's the opposite, preconceived notions about men and women are what caused this. The treatment may have been affected by women's rights and the civil rights movements but currently it's just sexism.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:09 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm going to be honest and admit that reading the spoiler text actually made me tear up.

That shit is just horrible. Maybe this type of stuff bothers me more than you guys because my beautiful little girl is just two months younger than that lad was. I couldn't even fathom doing any of that to my little girl.

Just horrible.

I probably shouldn't have read that.

Anyway. Yeah. So, what about the mother? Did someone do that stuff to her? What made her think that doing any of that was okay? Someone had to have done something to her in loads in order for her to end up doing something like that to a small child. Aren't humans programmed to be more altruistic to the young? (not just humans...other apes too.)

I hear ya man, like I said, this made me want to throw up, I had to get up and have a drink of water.

Sometimes, (once again, only an opinion of mine, so dont bight my head off) I think it is appropriate to apply a form of punishment that fits the crime. In this case, something far worse than prison. These are not crimes of passion, nor crimes for personal gain such as theft. They are quite simply animalistic acts of... I don't even know what... violence? Not a strong enough word IMO. I know the problem with capital punishment is the ideal that no human can pass judgment to the extent of taking another humans life as punishment for a crime, but SOMETHING has to give. Throw them in to a pit of fire, I say. F*cking F*CK it makes me so mad.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:12 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Kosta
I hear ya man, like I said, this made me want to throw up, I had to get up and have a drink of water.

Sometimes, (once again, only an opinion of mine, so dont bight my head off) I think it is appropriate to apply a form of punishment that fits the crime. In this case, something far worse than prison. These are not crimes of passion, nor crimes for personal gain such as theft. They are quite simply animalistic acts of... I don't even know what... violence? Not a strong enough word IMO. I know the problem with capital punishment is the ideal that no human can pass judgment to the extent of taking another humans life as punishment for a crime, but SOMETHING has to give. Throw them in to a pit of fire, I say. F*cking F*CK it makes me so mad.

Varying degrees of torture are a much better system of law than prison time and capital punishment.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:20 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Varying degrees of torture are a much better system of law than prison time and capital punishment.

Especially for crimes such as this.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:29 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Especially for crimes such as this.

My object all sublime
I shall achieve in time —
To let the punishment fit the crime —
The punishment fit the crime;
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment!
Of innocent merriment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49paDT5sbmw

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:31 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
My object all sublime
I shall achieve in time —
To let the punishment fit the crime —
The punishment fit the crime;
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment!
Of innocent merriment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49paDT5sbmw

How did you find this?

Also, rhyme profiled.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:34 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

How did you find this?

Also, rhyme profiled.

I love Gilbert and Sullivan. First time I saw the Mikado was when I was a kid and music really sticks with me.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 04:36 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed quite horrid, being a UK resident I knew of this before this thread, the worst part is not necesserily the crime since I doubt its uncommon especially amongst the criminal underworld that news may not get to. But the fact these people knew it was happening and did....well nothing...simply claimed "we should take the baby from the mother" only to be overuled, I think they should have ignored that overule if they knew there were major problems.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 09:11 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

to bring the point home even more

(please log in to view the image)

yes that's blood on his face in the 3rd picture

the jury were not allowed to see photos of his injuries but what they were allowed was a computer generated image of the extext of his facial wounds

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:02 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

'Tis horrid, but they deserve to be locked up for good.

Typical reactionary knee-jerking from the British public, of course.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:26 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC
Well, they might...and really "locked up for life" is quite a few shades down from "raped with a 2 foot spiky cock for the rest of their life"...which would be the reaction if someone had touched his penis on top of torturing and killing him. Well, I don't know much about the situation, cause I avoid news as well as I can, but, if it was really done on purpose (and that doesn't look like accidental, abuse), the person should probably be locked up, likely in a mental ward somewhere.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:32 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

true but knee jerk reactions from the public are of little consequence...it's the knee jerk reactions from the law makers that always cause the problems

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:43 PM
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Been reading about this in the papers for a while now. Really sad story. Knee jerk reaction or not I think those responsible should be locked up in prison for the rest of their lives. Not a psych ward or anything, a proper prison. It's just not feasible that all 3 people under the same roof had mental problems, couldn't help it etc.
They tortured and killed an innocent baby that totally depended on them and had no way to defend itself, and had to suffer through things most of us can't even imagine.

I can't believe the baby was visited that many times by social workers and no one sought to take him from his abusers. Surely it's their job to notice cuts, bruises, missing fingertips and nails.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 01:06 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

ofcourse its feasable, most people have a reason for doing an action, if its mental health then thats the reason, I can see no real gain from torturing the child from most points of view, the only reason i can think of is that their sick people, thus require mental help/psych ward, a prison would not help them.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 01:17 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote