KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Current Crisis

The Current Crisis
Started by: KakashiKun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Miffed The Current Crisis

In the Economy. Are we going to have to create our own Hoovervilles again because companies are refusing to print more money?

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 11:21 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: The Current Crisis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KakashiKun
In the Economy. Are we going to have to create our own Hoovervilles again because companies are refusing to print more money?

Companies don't print money, the government does.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2009 11:27 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

...just got a lot worse.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/28/new...dex.htm?cnn=yes

House passes $819 billion stimulus bill

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 12:05 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by KidRock
...just got a lot worse.

Full of evil evil tax cuts!

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 01:11 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

The tax cuts in the bill aren't evil fast enough for the Republicans; they're throwing a hissy.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 01:26 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

How much good did the last stimulus package passed by Bush do?

But yeah, we can laugh at Obama crashing the country at an even faster pace..why not, who cares.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 03:18 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

But yeah, we can laugh at Obama crashing the country at an even faster pace..why not, who cares.

You know a month a go you were bending over to let the government shove pinecones up your ass. What changed man? You used to be cool no

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 03:21 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Bush's "package" wasn't exactly in favor of most Americans if you get my drift.

Just out of curiosity, what's your idea to help put more jobs back out there?

I don't even agree with the bill, but I'm sure you have a brilliant plan I can't fathom since you are so opposed to it.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 03:54 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

...just got a lot worse.

For starters, the economic crisis (sub-prime lending and difficulty obtaining credit) isn't the same as the Federal Deficit.

Also, I agree that Bush's 'package' gave the 'shaft' to most Americans.

[I can't really decide which smilie fits best here...]

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:30 AM
Zamp is currently offline Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

tax cuts to the wealthy and a lack of corporate tax enforcement partially caused this crisis. They should do the opposite, direct any tax incentives towards the middle and lower classes and small businesses and tax the rich till their balls bleed, eisenhower style. And to make sure this doesn't happen again, reintroduce all of the protection reagan destroyed and make far reaching corporate crimes and election fraud capital crimes.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:39 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chithappens
Bush's "package" wasn't exactly in favor of most Americans if you get my drift.

Just out of curiosity, what's your idea to help put more jobs back out there?

I don't even agree with the bill, but I'm sure you have a brilliant plan I can't fathom since you are so opposed to it.

As much as i tend to disagree with George Galloway (Scottish politician) his idea was sound to help countries through the economic down turn.

Instead of using money to prop up the financial institutions (money which was actually supposed to increase lending and further fuel debt) why not solve unemployment problems by puting the money into huge infrastructure projects in order to future proof the country

completely revamp the internet infrastructure so that it is entirely the fastest possible fibre optic system.

rebuild highways so that they can handle the ever increasing amounts of traffic.

invest hugely in alternative energy so as both to create jobs in the development and building of these technologies as well as hitting vital emmissions targets

build or rebuild docklands areas to increase capacity for import and export

rebuild the railway network to allow faster trains to operate.

all these ideas would mean jobs being created as well as making the country more efficient and better prepared to be economically competitive in the future against rising countries like China and India

Not only would it have that affect but it would also mean training a lot more skilled workers instead of having unskilled service industry mcjobs.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 02:08 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
liebe911

The economic conditions will be like this for nearly an estimate of a year or so, it may also go down to lowest levels. Then it has to come up back to heights.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 02:11 PM
liebe911 is currently offline Click here to Send liebe911 a Private Message Find more posts by liebe911 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Originally posted by jaden101
As much as i tend to disagree with George Galloway (Scottish politician) his idea was sound to help countries through the economic down turn.

Instead of using money to prop up the financial institutions (money which was actually supposed to increase lending and further fuel debt) why not solve unemployment problems by puting the money into huge infrastructure projects in order to future proof the country

completely revamp the internet infrastructure so that it is entirely the fastest possible fibre optic system.

rebuild highways so that they can handle the ever increasing amounts of traffic.

invest hugely in alternative energy so as both to create jobs in the development and building of these technologies as well as hitting vital emmissions targets

all these ideas would mean jobs being created as well as making the country more efficient and better prepared to be economically competitive in the future against rising countries like China and India

Not only would it have that affect but it would also mean training a lot more skilled workers instead of having unskilled service industry mcjobs.

Obama has also emphasized similar plans in the next four years. I do agree with those.

Oh and it should always be kept in mind that the deficit is not "the economy" (as was mentioned just a moment ago). Even most of my peers in college get this very confused.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:19 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

All this pumping money into big holes is silly, the world creates too much stuff, cars etc. Let em go bust.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:25 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by KakashiKun

Crisis? What crisis?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 04:33 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
[I can't really decide which smilie fits best here...]

How 'bout this one?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 05:23 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

how bout beer at that time beer wuz a type of luxury...from what I heard...no not that old wasnt there..lol..oh edit: I was talking about hooversville time

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Jan 30th, 2009 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2009 06:12 PM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

Originally posted by jaden101

This is exactly what the Australian government has done/ is doing.

We so win. cool

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 02:53 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

But what the American elites want is no middle class and most of the population earning $2.50 an hour and constantly sick and dying in order to reinstate a feudalistic system. How's doing any of that going to help them?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 04:32 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Jello
But what the American elites want is no middle class and most of the population earning $2.50 an hour and constantly sick and dying in order to reinstate a feudalistic system. How's doing any of that going to help them?

Because you can't pay skilled worker 2.50 an hour...skills such as those needed to rebuild infrastructure and in manufacturing are required all over the world...other countries are bending over backwards to let in skilled migrants.

So what you'll end up with is a completely unskilled country that relies totally on imports because it doesn't have any skilled workers to manufacture stuff for export...meaning that the US will completely crumble and the alleged "elite" will have effectively destroyed their own country and their own wealth.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 09:19 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote