KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Pissed off Russian Throws Cup at Mona Lisa

Pissed off Russian Throws Cup at Mona Lisa
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Pissed off Russian Throws Cup at Mona Lisa

http://www.reuters.com/article/news...E57A2JS20090811

For not being granted French nationality, an angry Russian woman hurls an empty cup at Leonardo Da Vinci's best work, the Mona Lisa on August 2nd. Fortunately the painting didn't get harmed thanks to the bullet proof glass that covers it. The woman faces legal action from the French police.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 10:47 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Re: Pissed off Russian Throws Cup at Mona Lisa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The woman faces legal action from the French police.

pfft, another arbitrary french law restricting people's freedom of expression

(yes, I'm being sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 11:00 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Thanks for stating that inimalist, otherwise I would have had to inform someone of that at some point in this thread.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://www.reuters.com/article/news...E57A2JS20090811

For not being granted French nationality, an angry Russian woman hurls an empty cup at Leonardo Da Vinci's best work, the Mona Lisa on August 2nd. Fortunately the painting didn't get harmed thanks to the bullet proof glass that covers it. The woman faces legal action from the French police.

Terrible. She must have REALLY not wanted to go back to Russia. So in order to protest she was going to damage one of the most important art works ever.
Logic is there, of course.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 15th, 2009 11:45 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't see how the Mona Lisa is 'one of the most important art works ever', but the ignorant Cossack should have her hands cut off, an Italian painted it; it's only in France because the French are a bunch of piece of shit thieves. **** them in their frog asses.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 02:41 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Robtard
I don't see how the Mona Lisa is 'one of the most important art works ever', but the ignorant Cossack should have her hands cut off, an Italian painted it; it's only in France because the French are a bunch of piece of shit thieves. **** them in their frog asses.

I am aware who Da Vinci is and where he is from, and I don't see why should she have her hands cut off because an Italian painted the painting?

British History Museum is filled with things that are not British - in fact almost everything in there was either stolen or bought, or stolen but passed off as bought, so what?

And Mona Lisa is important, because it is easily the most famous painting in the world...which was about to be damaged.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 02:50 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The Italian aspect was aimed towards the Cossack; not you, for damaging Italian property because she's upset with France. Hands being cut off is because she's an idiot.

Pointing out other thievery doesn't take away from the Mona Lisa belonging in Italy.

Most famous, I agree. I don't see it being most important.

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 16th, 2009 at 02:57 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 02:55 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

What do you think the most important painting to the world, is?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 05:01 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

The Italian aspect was aimed towards the Cossack; not you, for damaging Italian property because she's upset with France. Hands being cut off is because she's an idiot.

Pointing out other thievery doesn't take away from the Mona Lisa belonging in Italy.

Well that's great, because I did not say it was most important, I said it was one of.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 05:08 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
What do you think the most important painting to the world, is?

I don't see any painting being important to the world. If the Mona Lisa burned today, sure it'd be an irreplaceable loss, but it wouldn't really matter, humanity and the world would continue as is.

Same goes for the likes of Il David, sure it was an experience seeing and being close to something that old and having its history, but important? I don't see how.

Now art that has historical significance, maybe something that connects to an important event or some link, sure, I can see that. But just a piece of subjective beauty, I don't connect the "importance" aspect.

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 16th, 2009 at 08:58 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 08:54 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Well that's great, because I did not say it was most important, I said it was one of.

What makes a certain piece of art "important"?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 08:56 AM
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

It's a shame it wasn't damaged..

Painting is hideous in my personal opinion.

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 09:22 AM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Now that's just foolish. Most modern art is crap imo, me wishing it damaged would be stupid though.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 09:44 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by The Shagg

Well seeing that you're obviously Russian, it would explain why you would say such a thing.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 10:15 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by The Shagg

just all painting, in general?

interesting viewpoint. Like just artwork? Or mebbe painted furniture is hideous? or painted walls? or cars? All about wood and chrome are we?

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 10:18 AM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Its uniqueness, its craftmanship and who its craftsman was, and the fact that it had survived as long as it has, along with the fact, as Robtard pointed out about it not being the best protest against France due to it's Italian origin are a couple of reasons not destroy the Mona Lisa.
Especially it as an argument so relatively trivial as about a visa.

Besides If I come to one of your houses once and get upset that you wont let me take up permanent residency, ways of showing you that I would make an ideal tennant would NOT include shitting on the floor and throwing the shit all over your expensive rug/TV set.

If she wanted to stay by forcing the french to let her stay- even in prison- then rather than attempting to destroy a timeless work, she coulda just slapped a cop round the face a few times.

"This must have been purely to attract the pubicity to her cause/plight".. is the only thing that I can think of, logicwise for her defence......which still doesnt excuse her seeming ignorance/arrogance.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 10:27 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

She should have attacked the Eiffel Tower.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 08:17 PM
dadudemon

I was thinking the same think...but then I realized how ineffective throwing a cup at it would be.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 09:16 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Or the statue of liberty....though she probably won't get a visa for the US either.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2009 09:18 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
I was thinking the same think...but then I realized how ineffective throwing a cup at it would be.

Not with a cup you ****ing, fool, with one of these.

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 17th, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 12:11 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bardock42
Or the statue of liberty....though she probably won't get a visa for the US either.

No, no, no, while it's French made, it was a gift and the property of the U.S.

True, the whole "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" is obsolete. If she was smart, she should book a flight to Mexico and then cross into the U.S. that way.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 12:14 AM