KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Kidnapped woman hidden in CA backyard for 18 years

Kidnapped woman hidden in CA backyard for 18 years
Started by: occultdestroyer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Kidnapped woman hidden in CA backyard for 18 years

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090828...pped_girl_found

quote:
"PLACERVILLE, Calif. – A little girl snatched on her way to school was kept hidden from the world behind a series of fences, sheds and tents for nearly two decades, even giving birth to her suspected abductor's children in the suburban backyard compound less than 200 miles from the home where she was taken.

Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was 11 when she was abducted from a South Lake Tahoe street in 1991, was taken directly to the house and sheltered from the world in a secret, leafy backyard, investigators said Thursday.

Her abductor, investigators said, raped her and fathered two children with her, the first when Jaycee was about 14. Those children, both girls now 11 and 15, also were kept hidden away in the backyard compound behind the Antioch home."

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 12:16 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

So she's now 29

How'd she get found?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 12:33 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

Indeed how did she get found and why would the authorities report her location at some motel for all to know, surely now the woman deserves some privacy.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 01:42 PM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Theres more details in the link below. Im surprised that she didnt get away (or tried) in all this time.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/28...girl/index.html

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 02:35 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

You think Bill O'Reilly is gonna run another blame the victim "she liked being kidnapped and abused" story like he did with that other kid a couple years back?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 02:51 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
You think Bill O'Reilly is gonna run another blame the victim "she liked being kidnapped and abused" story like he did with that other kid a couple years back?

Darth Jello do you enjoy beating your wife? Man, you are one sick puppy. laughing

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 02:55 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

What are you talking about?
You don't remember that? He ran a story about how some kid who was kidnapped and molested enjoyed it because he got to play video games and never made an escape attempt. He lost a whole bunch of sponsors and John Walsh banned him from a child welfare benefit he was originally scheduled to speak at.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 03:00 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Darth Jello
What are you talking about?
You don't remember that? He ran a story about how some kid who was kidnapped and molested enjoyed it because he got to play video games and never made an escape attempt. He lost a whole bunch of sponsors and John Walsh banned him from a child welfare benefit he was originally scheduled to speak at.

What are you talking about? This thread has nothing to do with politics. Your hate for conservatives drives you to interject political bullshit in every thread you go to.

Don't get upset, just think about what I'm saying. Have a nice day.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 03:06 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Actually, its my hate for media circuses and equal parts hate for both Bill O and Nancy Grace that take up tons of air time for what are essentially human interest stories and infotainment and often interfere with the judicial process. So settle down and go pop a vallium.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 03:19 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

poor woman, what a nightmare

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 07:06 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I agree, but is it really a story that warrants more than three days of non-local, national coverage, tons of analysis and speculation, intrusive scrutiny into the woman's life, sensationalism, and air time taken away from more important things like health care, the economy, and American Military campaigns? Do we really need graphic, harrowing details and speculation for hours on end by Nancy Grace with hours of airtime provided to professional experts who give psychological profiles and recreations. Not to mention the ones who will use this case to push beliefs, policies, and corporate products.

I know none of this has happened yet. I'm just afraid that Missing White Girl Syndrome may rear its ugly head again as it always has since Jon Benet Ramsey.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 07:14 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Gawd! Those crazy Northern Californians AGAIN!

Let's just have the BIG ONE and we'll split. thumb up

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 07:43 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

The woman should be ostracized as should the officers that rescued her.

First of all she didn't escape, which she could have by working hard enough. Secondly as long as the government does things like this people will keep getting kidnapped rather than working to avoid it in the first place.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 09:18 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

quote:
But Garrido said he had "completely turned my life around" in the past several years. "You're going to find the most powerful story coming from the witness, from the victim," he promised. "If you take this a step at a time, you're going to fall over backward, and in the end, you're going to find the most powerful, heartwarming story."

He added, "Wait till you hear the story of what took place at this house. You're going to be absolutely impressed. It's a disgusting thing that took place with me in the beginning, but I turned my life completely around."
advertisement

Describing his two daughters, he said, "Those two girls slept in my arms every single night from birth; I never kissed them."

In a later comment, he said that, from the time the youngest was born, "everything turned around."

What a douchebag. I cannot believe he thinks people are going to fall for this shit.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 09:27 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

She sure has a lot of movies to watch

TGFwashere

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 09:40 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by King Kandy
What a douchebag. I cannot believe he thinks people are going to fall for this shit.

This particular part, "Describing his two daughters, he said, "Those two girls slept in my arms every single night from birth; I never kissed them."

A normal person doesn't have to say that he never kissed his daughters, as a point to prove he wasn't doing things wrong with them. I certainly kiss my son and daughter. It's almost as if he is trying to convince himself or something.

It just seems really weird that he has to say something like that. That's not normal, by any means. Kissing your children and grandchildren should be normal. Me thinks he meant on da lips or in a sexual way.

Anyway. One sick bastard. And that lady probably did think about running away, everyday, in the beginning. Slowly, hope faded and that type of thinking disappeared.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 09:42 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by dadudemon
Anyway. One sick bastard.

A sick bastard who raised not only his own family but also another child all the while evading the police. He should be rewarded for the amount of work he put into this.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 09:50 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saphiree95

Is the girl retarded, why didn't she try to get away?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:11 PM
saphiree95 is currently offline Click here to Send saphiree95 a Private Message Find more posts by saphiree95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by saphiree95
Is the girl retarded, why didn't she try to get away?

That happens to a lot of abductees. They get so terrorized by their captors it removes their will to escape.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:13 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Have there been any reports about Stockholm Syndrome?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2009 10:19 PM