KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Oh the irony...

Oh the irony...
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Oh the irony...

Tea Bagger Bus Company Sued for Blaze that Killed 23 Seniors

Summary: The bus company that buses around and sponsors the tea baggers and healthcare protesters and 9/12 Project Glenn Beck people has a colorful history. Despite its policy of rigorous training and certification, it routinely subcontracts to another bus company with a long history of violations and complaints. So once upon a time they were busing seniors in an evacuation from Hurricane Rita. The bus catches fire and burns 23 of them to death. The driver was an undocumented immigrant with no driver's license who had the bus (which had multiple problems) fixed at a crooked mechanic who didn't lubricate the axle, causing it to create enough friction to eventually immolate the bus. What was the company's excuse? LACK OF GOVERNMENT OVERSIGHT AND REGULATION!!! They claim inspecting their own vehicles is not their responsibility!!

In other words, government can't do anything right, government shouldn't regulate anything but when a private company acts negligently and kills people, its somehow the government's fault?

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:28 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Note: I am only addressing the hidden agenda behind this thread.

So, people are not allowed to come together and organize to fight things they believe in? What was it that candidate Hillary Clinton say about descent? "Dissent is the Highest form of Patriotism"

Last edited by Shakyamunison on Sep 10th, 2009 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:35 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Note: I am only addressing the hidden agenda behind this thread.

So, people are not allowed to come together and organize to fight things they believe in? What was it that candidate Hillary Clinton say about descent? "Dissent is the Highest form of Patriotism"

Killing people through negligence isn't very patriotic.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:49 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Killing people through negligence isn't very patriotic.

I didn't address that.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:50 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Is dissent truly dissent when its bussed in, hired, paid for, and represents a powerful interest?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:51 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I didn't address that.

Oh, that's what this thread is about.

They let someone die because they were cheapskates. I don't know what thread you were reading.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:52 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

They're protesting government intrustion and illegal immigration when they hired illegal immigrants and killed people and then blamed a lack of government intrusion.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:53 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Is dissent truly dissent when its bussed in, hired, paid for, and represents a powerful interest?

Just like the Democrats have done in the past.

Oh, that's what this thread is about.

They let someone die because they were cheapskates. I don't know what thread you were reading.

I did not address that part. Only the hidden agenda.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:54 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

They're protesting government intrustion and illegal immigration when they hired illegal immigrants and killed people and then blamed a lack of government intrusion.

So, we should not hire illegal immigrants? But they are people too and have every right to a job.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:56 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I'm not saying they shouldn't have the right to protest. I'm just pointing out ironies and stupidities. Big difference. And no, we shouldn't hire illegal immigrants. In fact, that's illegal. Hence the term, illegal immigrants. What makes it funny is when an immigration protester hires illegal immigrants.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:56 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I did not address that part. Only the part I made up.

fix'd

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:57 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I'm not saying they shouldn't have the right to protest. I'm just pointing out ironies and stupidities. Big difference.

There is enough stupidity to go around. I believe that if this had been a group of people doing whatever, you would not have made this thread.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:59 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

fix'd

If you edit my posts again I will report you.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:59 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

If you edit my posts again I will report you.

For what? Malicious editing would require me to present that as the actual statement you made, I did not. Rather, I noted you "hidden agenda".

Irony.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 07:01 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

It seems like shaky just wants to have an argument for the sake of having an argument.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 07:02 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

It seems like shaky just wants to have an argument for the sake of having an argument.

The irony is that the people who organized against Bush are the same people who are complaining about the other side doing the same thing.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 07:07 PM
dadudemon

Nah, Shaky's point is fine.

However, the real irony is the seniors dying in a situation that is the exact opposite of the Glen Becker's standards.

However, do we have something on file, a decree, rule, statement, from Glen Beck saying that he wants high quality busing?(Even if the statement is indirect.) If not, there is no irony.

And, if I'm not mistaken, some of those conservatives want government oversight, but not big government programs to run it. In other words, no government pharmacy, but regulation on private pharmacies. Capisce? I don't feel I'm making sense. Edit - So, no irony there, either.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 07:09 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

there's a big difference between people forming an organization to coordinate protesting and a coalition of businesses paying a lobbying firm to create an atmosphere of dissent and then hiring people to pretend to be people from a congressional district they're not actually from and instigating loud violent protests. And you're still, off topic.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 07:10 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by dadudemon
Nah, Shaky's point is fine.

However, the real irony is the seniors dying in a situation that is the exact opposite of the Glen Becker's standards.

However, do we have something on file, a decree, rule, statement, from Glen Beck saying that he wants high quality busing?(Even if the statement is indirect.) If not, there is no irony.

And, if I'm not mistaken, some of those conservatives want government oversight, but not big government programs to run it. In other words, no government pharmacy, but regulation on private pharmacies. Capisce? I don't feel I'm making sense. Edit - So, no irony there, either.

Some of those conservatives are the same conservatives who want privatized meat inspection as advocated by CATO.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 07:12 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

there's a big difference between people forming an organization to coordinate protesting and a coalition of businesses paying a lobbying firm to create an atmosphere of dissent and then hiring people to pretend to be people from a congressional district they're not actually from and instigating loud violent protests. And you're still, off topic.

That is exactly what the Democrats did during Bush. Now, basically I agree with you, but what is good for goose is good for the gander.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 07:14 PM