KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Pyschology test.

Pyschology test.
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

Pyschology test.

These tests can reveal information about you that you may not have known. These tests should be done as honestly as possible. Can be annoying. But I find it MUCH better than the tests they put up on facebook. Often times, I find the options on the facebooks tests to be too limited or stupid, because many are done by idiots.

FIRST: Register an account. Don't worry, it's a safe website hosted by Harvard.

Second: start taking tests.

Do NOT read the following information until you've taken a few tests. Again DO NOT READ THE SPOILER UNTIL YOU'VE TAKEN A FEW TESTS!!!! I think it will ruin the tests for you if you do:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't think the purpose of each tests is explicitly stated. I think some tests are a measure of something else, but on the surface, it says it's measure "this" or "that", etc. For example, one of the questionnaire's asked several questions about my political perspectives and then it asked me a math question. The math question isn't very hard at all, but I wanted to use logarithms to figure it out, at first, until I realized I was WAY over thinking it. On another test, it asked me about the leaders of other nations and questions about politics and geographic...I knew all the answers, but I highly doubt 99% of Americans would know the answers to those questions. Tells me the tests are more than what they seem. What they are REALLY analyzing is not necessarily the "I' "E" key portions of the test. They are probably more interested in how those tests correlate to the "hidden" meanings for the test, but those sneaky bastards aren't telling us that.

Post some of your test results and your thoughts on those.

I moderately favor nuturing over strictness.

I have no bias of math towards any race. I have a slight bias of math towards males. (Which is a truth, not really a biased on my part...but that truth came up through my testing I guess, lol.)

I am a moderate. (DUH! That's what I've been saying, damnit.)

I moderately prefer defend over attack.

I strongly associate negative with smoking. (DUH! It was hard to separate negative things from smoking for me. Probably the hardest of all the tests to do right...even though the objective is to NOT get the questions wrong. lul. I REALLY hate smoke: exhaust, cig. smoke, etc. But, smoked meat is gooood.)

POST your results! This was FUN as hell. My idea of what to do when I'm bored. I am very curious as to some of my fellow poster's results.

Here is the testing page:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Edit - Lulz, mispelled "Pscyhology" and "test" should have a capital "T" and an "s" on the end. I've done worse. What's sad is I'm using Firefox. My brain is shot, I guess.

Last edited by dadudemon on Sep 18th, 2009 at 07:55 AM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 07:53 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

Re: Pyschology test.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
.I knew all the answers, but I highly doubt 99% of Americans would know the answers to those questions.

Edit - Lulz, mispelled "Pscyhology" and "test" should have a capital "T" and an "s" on the end. I've done worse. What's sad is I'm using Firefox. My brain is shot, I guess.

no expression

Anyways, ja. It is interesting:

Your data suggests:
Little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People.

Little to no automatic preference between White people and Black people.

Strong automatic preference for Young compared to Old.

Last edited by Sancty on Sep 18th, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 12:47 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Pyschology test.

Originally posted by Sancty
no expression

You didn't know Americans are dumb? And, I don't see how a hurried typed post at 2:53 AM that hasa a typo and a failed capitalization qualifies as Comp I homework. no expression

Edit - Look, I made another typo. no expression See, it happens.

Anyways, ja. It is interesting:

Your data suggests:
Little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People.

Little to no automatic preference between White people and Black people.

Interesting. I'd expect that much from you, though. You don't seem racist or a bigot...but you love those young Japanese ladies.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 02:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

Re: Re: Re: Pyschology test.

You didn't know Americans are dumb?

Actually:

Your data suggests:
A moderate automatic preference for the United States compared to the United Kingdom

And you misspelled psychology teh second time too

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 03:02 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pyschology test.

And you misspelled psychology teh second time too

Typo, again. wink

I'm using Firefox, so it's not like I didn't notice. I was to damn tired at the time.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 03:07 PM
Bardock42

These tests can reveal information about you that you may not have known. These tests should be done as honestly as possible. Can be annoying. But I find it MUCH better than the tests they put up on facebook. Often times, I find the options on the facebooks tests to be too limited or stupid, because many are done by idiots.

FIRST: Register an account. Don't worry, it's a safe website hosted by Harvard.

Second: start taking tests.

Do NOT read the following information until you've taken a few tests. Again DO NOT READ THE SPOILER UNTIL YOU'VE TAKEN A FEW TESTS!!!! I think it will ruin the tests for you if you do:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't think the purpose of each tests is explicitly stated. I think some tests are a measure of something else, but on the surface, it says it's measure "this" or "that", etc. For example, one of the questionnaire's asked several questions about my political perspectives and then it asked me a math question. The math question isn't very hard at all, but I wanted to use logarithms to figure it out, at first, until I realized I was WAY over thinking it. On another test, it asked me about the leaders of other nations and questions about politics and geographic...I knew all the answers, but I highly doubt 99% of Americans would know the answers to those questions. Tells me the tests are more than what they seem. What they are REALLY analyzing is not necessarily the "I' "E" key portions of the test. They are probably more interested in how those tests correlate to the "hidden" meanings for the test, but those sneaky bastards aren't telling us that.

Post some of your test results and your thoughts on those.

I moderately favor nuturing over strictness.

I have no bias of math towards any race. I have a slight bias of math towards males. (Which is a truth, not really a biased on my part...but that truth came up through my testing I guess, lol.)

I am a moderate. (DUH! That's what I've been saying, damnit.)

I moderately prefer defend over attack.

I strongly associate negative with smoking. (DUH! It was hard to separate negative things from smoking for me. Probably the hardest of all the tests to do right...even though the objective is to NOT get the questions wrong. lul. I REALLY hate smoke: exhaust, cig. smoke, etc. But, smoked meat is gooood.)

POST your results! This was FUN as hell. My idea of what to do when I'm bored. I am very curious as to some of my fellow poster's results.

Here is the testing page:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Oh man.

I did this before, but I don't enjoy doing it, I think I got moderate bias toward Europeans Americans though.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 03:18 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Fat People compared to Thin People.

*blink blink* er, I dunno. I like them equally. and I sort of prefer thinner people, even though most around me are sorta overweight. heh.

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Young compared to Old.

Well, I'm young, so…

..will try a bit more later. this is sorta fun...

edit: oh... i forgot to register, lol

HIS force be with you.

Last edited by Jaeh on Sep 18th, 2009 at 03:22 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 03:19 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

random update:

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Community compared to Individual.

really.. interesting...

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People.

yeah.

edit +

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Security compared to Freedom.

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Markets compared to Regulation.

very interesting... hmm..

HIS force be with you.

Last edited by Jaeh on Sep 18th, 2009 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 03:39 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

This is pretty interesting yes Although, I didn't need to make an account, there's actually nowhere to register.

Your data suggests:

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 04:19 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Your data suggests:

Strong automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

That's really a surprise... I would have thought I'd be neutral considering I'm bi, but clearly I'm conflicted erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 04:26 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Your data suggests:

Slight automatic preference for Light Skinned People compared to Dark Skinned People.

I don't agree with this result, but I figured I'd post it anyway

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 04:34 PM
Syren
dreaming

Your data suggests:

Strong association of Male with Science and Female with Liberal Arts.

See, that I knew. I don't know why I make those distinct associations, though.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 04:54 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Security compared to Freedom.

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Markets compared to Regulation.

very interesting... hmm..

Wow. Very interesting. Those two results almost conflict. Free markets versus security. Though the two are not similar measurements...so I guess that's not really comparable.

Originally posted by Syren
Your data suggests:

Strong automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

That's really a surprise... I would have thought I'd be neutral considering I'm bi, but clearly I'm conflicted erm

That IS weird. Very weird. It could be the reflection of some of the ideas your perceive from some of the people who influenced your perceptions of morality, but not necessarily what you consciously hold.

Very interesting result.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 05:35 PM
Sancty
-

Your data suggests:
Little to no automatic preference between Thin People and Fat People.

Weird

Your data suggest a slight association of Female with Career and Male with Family compared to Male with Career and Female with Family.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 06:51 PM
Ladyluck

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

I was unaware that I had a preference. This test doesn't really seem like it would be accurate...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:46 PM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Ladyluck
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

I was unaware that I had a preference. This test doesn't really seem like it would be accurate...

One of the first things modern psychology discovered was that accurate self assesment is essentially impossible.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:47 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

...especially through forced choice formats.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 10:10 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by Ladyluck

I was surprised by most of the results I got as well, but it's good to learn things about yourself. Even if they're difficult to reconcile.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 10:56 PM
lil bitchiness
-

''Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for SMOKING compared to SHAPE.''

Well duh, I'm a smoker.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 11:22 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

I took this entire test and then at the end it said it would close the pop up box and post my results in the original window. Well both the pop up box and original window closed so I guess I don't know what my results are.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 11:23 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote