KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Angry Gamer sues Bungie, Microsoft

Angry Gamer sues Bungie, Microsoft
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Angry Gamer sues Bungie, Microsoft

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/10/g...halo-3-lawsuit/

Gamer, Randy Nunez finds bugs and glitches in Bungie's best selling videogame Halo 3 and decides to take action against this by filing a lawsuit against not only Bungie Studios but Microsoft as well.

Will he win? My guess is no. Is he looking like an idiot? My guess is yes.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 10:48 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

if the standards applied to most products were applied to video games, most companies would be exposed to huge lawsuits like this.

its all too common that games don't include or include broken versions of features listed on the package. Let alone crashes.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 11:14 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inimalist
if the standards applied to most products were applied to video games, most companies would be exposed to huge lawsuits like this.

its all too common that games don't include or include broken versions of features listed on the package. Let alone crashes.
Yes, especially with PC Games there seems to be idea that you should jsut put the game out and people will buy in and they can start playing it a month or so later when it is actually finished enough to be playable and the first major patch is thrown out

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 11:22 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Well if he can prove that he game caused real damage he might have a case.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 11:22 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes, especially with PC Games there seems to be idea that you should jsut put the game out and people will buy in and they can start playing it a month or so later when it is actually finished enough to be playable and the first major patch is thrown out

its really lame. God, and the PC stuff is so bad now. Bioshock had huge issues with its anti-piracy shit, making it easier to pirate the game than to purchase it, and making the pirated version more user friendly.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well if he can prove that he game caused real damage he might have a case.

someone should be accountable for their product working or not.

How many other products is it considered "ok" for them to glitch and freeze, especially for $60-80 on a $300 system?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 11:35 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Bungie/Microsoft should take charge of their damaged products but someone trying to sue them over it is just a little drastic

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 18th, 2009 11:45 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Well Microsoft is already in deep shit over the 360 in Europe to the point where a successful lawsuit could severely hurt them and may even force them to leave the video game market.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 12:08 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Well Microsoft is already in deep shit over the 360 in Europe to the point where a successful lawsuit could severely hurt them and may even force them to leave the video game market.
Haven't heard of that tell more.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 12:15 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Angry Gamer sues Bungie, Microsoft

Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/10/g...halo-3-lawsuit/

Gamer, Randy Nunez finds bugs and glitches in Bungie's best selling videogame Halo 3 and decides to take action against this by filing a lawsuit against not only Bungie Studios but Microsoft as well.

Will he win? My guess is no. Is he looking like an idiot? My guess is yes.

This lawsuit along with the lady from Mc Donalds putting the hot coffee in between her legs are just laughable.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 12:19 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Re: Re: Angry Gamer sues Bungie, Microsoft

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
This lawsuit along with the lady from Mc Donalds putting the hot coffee in between her legs are just laughable.

so, lets say you had a car that, for no apparent reason, just stopped working 1 out of 50 times that you used it.

Do you think it would be laughable for the owner of that car to want their product to work properly?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 12:31 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Originally posted by Bardock42
Haven't heard of that tell more.

Here's what I know. In most countries it is illegal to purposely sell defective products onto the market, hence why Toshiba has been successfully sued by Americans to the tune of several tens of billions of dollars over the years. The established industry standard for "general hardware failure" (bricking) within the first 1.5 years is 3-6%. Now the European Union has an agency that tracks and records product returns and functions as consumer advocates. They went over their statistics and did a study after repeated complaints about the Xbox and the 360 after repeated complaints and came to the conclusion that the General Hardware Failure rate for Xbox and related products is right around 60%. So they decided to file a class action lawsuit against Microsoft to the tune of several billion dollars in addition to an already pending antitrust lawsuit. As far as I know, the Xbox case hasn't come to trial yet.

I've had my NES since 1989, the RF switch went last year and now I use AV cables. Otherwise no repairs. I've had a Genesis 2 since 1993. I've replaced a controller and the RF switch and will probably need to replace the power cable and the RF switch again soon but the unit itself functions fine.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 12:41 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Re: Re: Angry Gamer sues Bungie, Microsoft

Originally posted by inimalist
so, lets say you had a car that, for no apparent reason, just stopped working 1 out of 50 times that you used it.

Do you think it would be laughable for the owner of that car to want their product to work properly?

That . . . is very a good point.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 12:47 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Re: Re: Angry Gamer sues Bungie, Microsoft

Originally posted by WickedDynamite

That mcdonalds thing was legit imo. The coffee was so hot it could cause serious burns.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:25 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Angry Gamer sues Bungie, Microsoft

Originally posted by King Kandy
That mcdonalds thing was legit imo. The coffee was so hot it could cause serious burns.

That's the point of "hot coffee."

The cup even had a nice warning about it being hot, and Micky D's was still liable for what, like 80%?

That's ridiculous.

The way she burned herself is ridiculous. She sat the cup between her legs and was yanking on the lid.

Yes, I think the US is VERY much over-due for some tort reform.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:00 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Mcdonalds coffee was far hotter than the industry average. Regular hot coffee would not have caused the kind of burns theirs did.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:09 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Re: Re: Re: Angry Gamer sues Bungie, Microsoft

Originally posted by dadudemon
Yes, I think the US is VERY much over-due for some tort reform.

Almost all of the outrageous pay outs either get overturned or drastically reduced afterward, the media typically doesn't find that too exciting and it slips through the cracks.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:11 AM
dadudemon

Mcdonalds coffee was far hotter than the industry average. Regular hot coffee would not have caused the kind of burns theirs did.

"Far-hotter" is very much subjective. What is your definition of "far-hotter"?

And, when I make hot chocolate, my water is boiling just mere seconds before I poor it into the mug.

Edit - Saw the second part of your post. Yeah, she sat there for like a minute. Other coffee would have burned her just as bad or close to that degree, as well.

double edit - I just looked up temperature for comercially served coffee. You could be right.

Last edited by dadudemon on Oct 19th, 2009 at 02:23 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:16 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by dadudemon
"Far-hotter" is very much subjective. What is your definition of "far-hotter"?

And, when I make hot chocolate, my water is boiling just mere seconds before I poor it into the mug.

Usually most places serve it at like 65 C, mcdonalds served it at 82-88 C.

What, you use boiling water for hot chocolate? Psh, pure milk is needed to truly get the rich creaminess desired.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:20 AM
dadudemon

Usually most places serve it at like 65 C, mcdonalds served it at 82-88 C.

I thought it was closer to 170 F for commericailly served coffee.

Micky D's was like 180/190.

That's (ugh....)

76 degree celsius for normal comercial coffee and 87 degrees celsius for McDonald's coffee.

However, what I was reading, the 10 degree difference is the difference between 3rd degree burns and first degree burns as the drop in temperature reduces burns, ove a unit of time, exponentially down to 155 degrees F/68C. (It took a while to type this post out as the math took a while.)

What, you use boiling water for hot chocolate? Psh, pure milk is needed to truly get the rich creaminess desired.

laughing laughing laughing

Touche.

What I was talking about is the absurd stupidness and hyperbole of journalism like this, being a cause of the stupid lawsuits and the need for tort reform:

quote:
"Any common consumer product which can cause third-degree burns (the worst kind) in two to seven seconds is seriously dangerous. Who could have imagined this risk from a cup of coffee? But, McDonald's had ample evidence of it.

These hyper-heated beverages should be eliminated from the marketplace. The Liebeck jury can be commended for its courage in sending this message to the food service industry. Remember, these horrific burns could have happened to you or your family members and friends."

http://www.vanfirm.com/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit.htm

"Worst kind" is factually incorrect. Forth degree is the worst.

"Hyper-Heated" at the very least is hyperbole.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:44 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Why are we suddenly talking about beverages while this thread is about a company getting sued for having a game with bugs and glitches?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:48 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote