KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » World's Tallest Building -- Burj Khalifa

World's Tallest Building -- Burj Khalifa
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

World's Tallest Building -- Burj Khalifa

Today is the inaugural opening for what is believed to be the tallest building in the world!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ml_dubai_tallest_building

I'm going to have to see it tomorrow.. My friends told me it was friggin' HUGE!

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 05:05 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

hope nobody blows it up! eek!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 05:23 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Well I´ve been up the Eiffel tower and that really impressed me, especially because you can still sense its age. But this is 500 meters bigger than that, probably like being in an airplane.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 05:42 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I dispute this claim. The tallest building in the world is stored in my pants (it's collapsible, you see, fights right in my back pocket).

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 05:49 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I dispute this claim. The tallest building in the world is stored in my pants (it's collapsible, you see, fights right in my back pocket).

It's also covered in poop sad, definitely going to steer the tourist (barring the Germans) away.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 07:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

What does it fight with?

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 10:56 PM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 03:35 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

You got that thing from Capsule Corp., didn't you?

Originally posted by Kinneary
What does it fight with?

It fights with it's plot holes.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 03:45 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by dadudemon
You got that thing from Capsule Corp., didn't you?

No, from Dvalin the Dwarf.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 04:00 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alton

Hi,
A building of this calibre would be marvelous to house the homeless and destitute of the world for which evey nation on earth is guilty of ignorning. Imagine taking this money and using it to care for the millions, er sorry billions, of poverty strickened people on this planet. Wars rage, poverty worsens, terrorists paralyze the world and we build monuments to satisfy.....what? We as a human race will never get it right and this is just more evidence of that.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 12:09 PM
alton is currently offline Click here to Send alton a Private Message Find more posts by alton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Just saw it today.

Shit, the thing is a man-made MARVEL! Gorgeous!

And at the very top, you see the clouds. It was so much fun!

It has one of the best restaurants in UAE.. the food is like from a 7-star hotel.
We ordered an ala carte meal (Lollipop Chicken stuffed with veggies).. Mmmmm yum yum.

With regards to interiors, Emirates Palace hotel is still better though.

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Jan 5th, 2010 at 02:20 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 02:17 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by alton
Hi,
A building of this calibre would be marvelous to house the homeless and destitute of the world for which evey nation on earth is guilty of ignorning. Imagine taking this money and using it to care for the millions, er sorry billions, of poverty strickened people on this planet. Wars rage, poverty worsens, terrorists paralyze the world and we build monuments to satisfy.....what? We as a human race will never get it right and this is just more evidence of that.

not to throw off the thread, but the problems with homelessness are not really related to there being no place for them. Often, homeless people wont go to shelters. During the harsh Canadian winters, there are many who have to be rounded up at night to go to shelters.

You might have a point if you were talking about low-rent housing, or the fact that the building was likely made with the near equivalent of slavery involving south asian labourers.

More on topic, I've been to the CN Tower, it was amazing. This seems a little nicer though. I bet there is no lazer quest!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 04:07 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

This puts to shame Western nations with their skycrappers.

Haha! Arabs nations PWN3D U America and Europe.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 05:14 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

slave labour in spite of human rights watch protests, built this new age tower of babel for the vain nimrods who consider themselves god's viceroys.

sickening.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 12:17 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

America should fly a few planes into it, it's payback time!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 03:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omgu8mynewt

^^^Seriously, don't even joke about stuff like that

How is the Tower gonna make enough money in this bad global economy? Can't be the same amount of tourism and trade in Dubai that there was a few years ago right?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 05:45 PM
Omgu8mynewt is currently offline Click here to Send Omgu8mynewt a Private Message Find more posts by Omgu8mynewt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Omgu8mynewt
^^^Seriously, don't even joke about stuff like that

How is the Tower gonna make enough money in this bad global economy? Can't be the same amount of tourism and trade in Dubai that there was a few years ago right?

Why, will I somehow magically make it happen if I do?

They don't need income to support the tower's monthly bill. It's little more than a phallic exercise for a bunch of filthy right men with small and/or limp penises

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:28 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Robtard
America should fly a few planes into it, it's payback time!

laughing I was going to say that, but I didn't, because it would have been too crass. Good job Robtard. wink

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:53 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

The place is pretty boring and bland if you ain't much into the posh and classy lifestyle.
And you have to have a lot of cash packed with you if you intend to purchase stuff from the malls.

Nevertheless, the structure is a masterpiece. A perfect work of art.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 07:03 PM