KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Buddhist monks of the ancient Korean

Buddhist monks of the ancient Korean
Started by: cherrcherr123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cherrcherr123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Buddhist monks of the ancient Korean

Buddhist monks of the ancient Korean state of Silla encountering supernatural beings in what may be termed vision-quests. Information of this kind has hitherto been understood by scholars as evidence of the persistence of ancient Korean shamanism. As context, this article problematizes the idea of shamanism and its relationship to Tantric Buddhism and provides evidence for the vision-quest motif in Sino-Indian Buddhist literature. It focuses on examples of this motif in the Samguk yusa to suggest that connections between ancient Korea, China, and India are closer than previously believed. The motif does not demonstrate the rapprochement between indigenous shamanism and Buddhism so much as attest to an ancient approach to religious experience.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 10:46 AM
cherrcherr123 is currently offline Click here to Send cherrcherr123 a Private Message Find more posts by cherrcherr123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 02:27 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inimalist
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-128251979.html

are you Richard McBride?

laughing More likely just a plagiarist.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 02:30 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Wrong forum.
Also may I suggest you change your name to BuddhaIsAlive, believe me people around here would love you.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 03:03 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by SamZED
Wrong forum.
Also may I suggest you change your name to BuddhaIsAlive, believe me people around here would love you.

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 03:04 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

so what are we asking about shamanism?

most religions whether judeo in origin or Buddhist tend to merge and share certain believes of the specific area or country where it is being preached or studied.

i love shamanism i think its the most pure expression of spirituality kinda like animism.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 03:42 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by SamZED
Wrong forum.

Only Shaky will love him

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 06:33 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote