KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Militia members sought to spark uprising

Militia members sought to spark uprising
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Militia members sought to spark uprising

This might belong in the Religion forum, but here we go, I guess it can be moved:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3607583..._news-security/

I'm Christian, my faith is unshakable, but WTF is wrong with these people?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 12:35 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

piss poor planning, poor education, lack of security?

would be my guess.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 01:03 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean why are they the way they are?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 01:08 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I mean why are they the way they are?

poor education, warped world view justified by government abuse of power in turn strengthening their beliefs and willingness to act out against said government oppression.

possibly poor genetics and also environmental influences.

nature and nurture driving them toward a certain thought pattern behavior.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 01:15 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or maybe they are just crazy.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 02:14 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

what would make you think they are mentally unstable or "crazy"?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 02:20 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, don't they think that public local and federal law enforcement is in league with the Antichrist? Related somehow?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 02:31 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Militia members sought to spark uprising

This might belong in the Religion forum, but here we go, I guess it can be moved:

Extremism!

It's not lack of education - educated people can be extremists.
It's not Christianity - there are many Christians who are not extremists.
It's not bad genes - extremist have family members who are not extremists.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 02:33 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, don't they think that public local and federal law enforcement is in league with the Antichrist? Related somehow?

majority of this nation think that the founding father and this country is christian. whats ur point?

having a religious view and believing it doesnt make one crazy at least that is the majority view.

to me anyone with religious supernatural belief fall under being "crazy" dementia.

but then again everyone can be crazy or is crazy in one way or another.

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Mar 30th, 2010 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 02:36 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
majority of this nation think that the founding father and this country is christian. whats ur point?

having a religious view and believing it doesnt make one crazy at least that is the majority view.

to me anyone with religious supernatural belief fall under being "crazy" dementia.

but the again everyone can be crazy or is crazy in one way or another.
Well, you guys sold me.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 02:46 PM
King Kandy

Re: Militia members sought to spark uprising

Their faith is unshakable.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 02:53 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Militia members sought to spark uprising

Bombing a funeral and killing people, certainly what Jesus taught.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Bombing a funeral and killing people, certainly what Jesus taught.

nah, he taught us a body is just a shell and has no real importance and should not be venerated in death.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Extremism!

It's not lack of education - educated people can be extremists.
It's not Christianity - there are many Christians who are not extremists.
It's not bad genes - extremist have family members who are not extremists.

1. being properly educated doesn't mean one has a grasp of the knowledge imparted to them by study. look at bush as an example.
2. true.
3. genes is only a part of it also nurture plays a part... but being aggressive, emotional can be a genetic trait.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:07 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

1. being properly educated doesn't mean one has a grasp of the knowledge imparted to them by study. look at bush as an example.
2. true.
3. genes is only a part of it also nurture plays a part... but being aggressive, emotional can be a genetic trait.

1. Your example is not appropriate, but the fact you gave that example proves your point. wink
2. Cool.
3. But being aggressive and emotional does not equal extreme.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:13 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Your example is not appropriate, but the fact you gave that example proves your point. wink
2. Cool.
3. But being aggressive and emotional does not equal extreme.

yeah, bush sealed and made a concrete case for me. smile
2. as a glacier
3. that is why you have nature/nurture to reinforce their already aggressive traits... their religious/political or personal beliefs simply gives them a reason and a target. growing up and living with ppl with strong beliefs helps.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:19 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

yeah, bush sealed and made a concrete case for me. smile
2. as a glacier
3. that is why you have nature/nurture to reinforce their already aggressive traits... their religious/political or personal beliefs simply gives them a reason and a target. growing up and living with ppl with strong beliefs helps.

1. Be careful about becoming an extremist. Just because everyone around you believes something does not mean it is true.
3. You can be an atheist and still be an extremist.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:32 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Be careful about becoming an extremist. Just because everyone around you believes something does not mean it is true.
3. You can be an atheist and still be an extremist.

1. what do you consider an extremist? why would i need to be careful?
3. being an atheist is a belief.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:36 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

1. what do you consider an extremist? why would i need to be careful?
3. being an atheist is a belief.

The people who are a part of the extremist group mentioned in this thread most likely do not believe they are extremists. A false belief can become popular within a group of people and not be viewed as extreme. The problem comes into existence when an outside group beliefs run counter. Example: Osama Bin Laden is viewed by the west as an extremist, but many people around the world do not view him in that way. From their point of view, he is a hero. That is the problem with extremism; it is difficult to identify from just one point of view.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:47 PM
Archaeopteryx

This is what can happen when religion dominates peoples thinking. More violence has been comitted in the name of religion throughout history than anything else. Religion is the one thing that can trump greed for it's negative impact.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:57 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
This is what can happen when religion dominates peoples thinking. More violence has been comitted in the name of religion throughout history than anything else. Religion is the one thing that can trump greed for it's negative impact.

That is incorrect. In the past most people were part of a religion. It is only recently that Atheism has come into popularity. We are yet to see the destructive power of this belief. I will tell you that the only commonality in the violence of the past are people.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 05:04 PM