KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » living as a King or Queen?

living as a King or Queen?
Started by: Wild Shadow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

living as a King or Queen?

would anyone rather be a Royalty in the 1400's and give up their modern life to gain an entire Kindgom and treasures?

would you guys sacrifice the now to insure you have a strong powerful blood line that may or may not last to the current world?

what would you do as king or queen?

lets say you replaced the Royal family of England King Henry IV.

you can choice Royal family of France, Germany, Italy or Spain even Japan..

pls explain why...

you wouldnt be born in that time line you would just be transported there from today.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 04:22 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

If I was allowed to take back the knowledge I have now with me, IŽd do it. And use the advantage to take over the world ensuring there would be no more wars, seeing as I rule it all who would there be to have a war with.

Of course rebels would be ruthlessly wiped out in the manor of the day.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 04:35 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bicnarok

that is how it is done in real war not our modern PC version of it. thumb up

Old Post May 10th, 2010 04:38 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bicnarok
If I was allowed to take back the knowledge I have now with me, IŽd do it. And use the advantage to take over the world ensuring there would be no more wars, seeing as I rule it all who would there be to have a war with.

Prolly this.

I would want to take back my knowledge.

I would write up the ISO/ITIL processes before Information Technology existed. I would write up the physics theories and laws before they existed and take credit for it all HEHEHEHE!

They'd call it "Gargonian Physics" and "Gargone's Laws" instead of Newtonian Physics and Kepler's laws.

I'd explain how subatomic and atomic particles worked...uncertainty principle, etc.

I'd encrypt all of this stuff, long hand, with an AES encryption, 128-bit, of course, with an 18 character key, using complex combinations of characters, ensuring that it wouldn't be cracked until computers were powerful enough to crack it. (Not really possible with the computers we have now...it'd take trillions of years to crack something like that, with a super computer. Maybe distributed processing would reduce the time to just thousands of years, but in 20 years, it could just take a few years to crack it.)

So, anyway, I'd get credit for tons of discoveries and I'd hide information that'd be too dangerous in an encryption that couldn't be cracked some time, and I'd wrote tons of political philosophy.

Hell, I could invent flying and we'd call it "Gargone's Principle" instead of Bernoulli's principle . WEEEEE!

I'd save up my farts....then light my farts and fly to the moon.

I'd know about goods and resource locations, modern farming techniques, bla bal bla. All sorts of stuff that would make my "stay" very pleasant.

Anyway, I could give it all up ONLY if I could take back my knowledge. It'd be fun trying to invent/come up with all the good stuff these days. I wouldn't get bored.

I'd make it a law to bathe more often, though. sad

Old Post May 10th, 2010 04:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

what about the political problems and superstitions of the ppl and church..

you think you can create some kind of paradise but ppl will be there to stop you and you might have more immediate problems then showing how wind current works and flight dynamics

Last edited by Dark Riddick on May 10th, 2010 at 05:01 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2010 04:56 PM
Lucius
Unknown

More likely you would die early of some disease.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 04:58 PM
Lucius is currently offline Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Re: living as a King or Queen?

No cars? No refrigeration? No tv? No deoderant? No take-out Chinese food at midnight? Having to shit in a hole in the ground?

No, I think I'll keep my present life. And I have anger issues, so I'm pretty sure I'd go over board when it came to punishment. So its better if I just stay put.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 05:06 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Autokrat
More likely you would die early of some disease.
name them.. smart

Old Post May 10th, 2010 05:19 PM
Lucius
Unknown

(please log in to view the image)

And I have no idea what diseases... I mean Christ, people died all the time back then for easily fixable stuff today.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 05:23 PM
Lucius is currently offline Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
name them.. smart

Flu, rhinovirus, syphilis, plague, getting-stabbed-in-the-chest-itis

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 05:41 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

pfff,..

only sissies get the flu and cold and die.. most of you guys should have massively better immunities then that..

the plague is another story.. thats why you get to choice the country you wanna rule and when did the plague occur?

getting stab might be a problem...

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:08 PM
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
getting-stabbed-in-the-chest-itis

I learned on the History Channel that the phrase "getting caught with your pants down" comes from the Middle Ages when a Scottish king was assassinated by a mole in his palace while he was literally taking a shit.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:22 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

did the mole give him rabies or something?

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:26 PM
kava_kava

did the mole give him rabies or something?

like a spy, undercover assassin

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:36 PM
kava_kava is currently offline Click here to Send kava_kava a Private Message Find more posts by kava_kava Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

pfff,..

only sissies get the flu and cold and die.. most of you guys should have massively better immunities then that..

No, most people don't, you can't build an immunity against them either. With poor healthcare in 1400s Europe (comparable to the modern US) sicknesses we see as minor today were likely to cripple you.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:39 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

what about the political problems and superstitions of the ppl and church..

you think you can create some kind of paradise but ppl will be there to stop you and you might have more immediate problems then showing how wind current works and flight dynamics

Nah.

People would be easy to control. With my knowledge, I could convince the pope that I was divinely sent from the future. Using my knowledges...I could help people get healed n'stuff. I'd claim to not be a special being, but just a nice dude. Knowledge can be used to manipluate: the Catholic Church has been doing that from the beginning.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:45 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No, most people don't, you can't build an immunity against them either. With poor health care in 1400s Europe (comparable to the modern US) sicknesses we see as minor today were likely to cripple you.
the cold wouldnt kill you or the flu unless you cant take care of yourself and lack some very basic understanding of taking care of urself. blankets, proper heating.. plenty of liquids.. Soup is always good.. etc etc..sweat it out your body heats itself to try to kill the virus.. if you died b/c of those two i feel sorry for you and you should be living in a bubble..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ7a9lMSwL8

Originally posted by kava_kava
like a spy, undercover assassin
i was just being a Smart @$$.. smart

Last edited by Dark Riddick on May 10th, 2010 at 06:49 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: living as a King or Queen?

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
No cars? No refrigeration? No tv? No deoderant? No take-out Chinese food at midnight? Having to shit in a hole in the ground?

No, I think I'll keep my present life. And I have anger issues, so I'm pretty sure I'd go over board when it came to punishment. So its better if I just stay put.

Bingo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

the cold wouldnt kill you or the flu unless you cant take care of yourself and lack some very basic understanding of taking care of urself. blankets, proper heating.. plenty of liquids.. Soup is always good.. etc etc..sweat it out your body heats itselve to try to kill the virus.. if you died b/c of those two i feel sorry for you and you should be living in a bubble..

People did die of those things all the time, seasonal flus can be much worse than you seem to think. Even strep throat and earaches were lethal back then. I would much rather live in a time when doctors had some idea what they were doing and the protection of herd immunity was present.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:50 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Nah.

People would be easy to control. With my knowledge, I could convince the pope that I was divinely sent from the future. Using my knowledges...I could help people get healed n'stuff. I'd claim to not be a special being, but just a nice dude. Knowledge can be used to manipluate: the Catholic Church has been doing that from the beginning.
like they did Magus and witches and herbal healers? these were the wise ppl...

then you got the mathematicians, astronomers and ppl with different cultures art mathematics that were not understood..

most ppl didnt claim to be divine but it didnt stop the church from killing the or testing their innocence via drowning.

at the rest of you guys who are talking about cars.. you guys can always have carriages or steam engine ash williams style..

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:54 PM