KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Senators skipping town to avoid votes.

Senators skipping town to avoid votes.
Started by: truejedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
truejedi

Senators skipping town to avoid votes.

What do you think? Senators in Wisconsin and Indiana have both fled the state to avoid votes that they know they will lose. As a result, the government in both states has ground to a halt. In WI, the bill was forced through anyway,in IN, it was shelved for the forseeable future.

However, Senators in Indiana refuse to return to work until OTHER bills that they do not approve of are taken off the table. Is this sounds politics, or lazy shirking?

In my opinion, regardless of party affiliation, this sets a terrible precedent. If this succeeds,and democrats win the majority in the next election, what is to stop republicans from doing the exact same thing? This renders the government absolutely helpless. With governments unable to fund even themselves, they could collapse, and we could see the end of our governments as we know them.

If I skipped work for 3 weeks, I wouldn't have jobs to go back too. I hope the voters remember who it is that refused to show up to work and vote every single one of these Senators out.

Your thoughts?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 05:32 AM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Lincoln did it. Regardless, they are stalling the kind of votes that if they were taken virtually anywhere else in the civilized world, the monarch would either dissolve government and call for new elections or the citizens would drag them out into the streets and flay them within six hours of casting their votes.
As is, every successful teabagger measure brings us closer to the general strike this country so desperately needs.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 07:10 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skekUng

This country needs the dismantling of unions?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 07:29 AM
skekUng is currently offline Click here to Send skekUng a Private Message Find more posts by skekUng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

quote: (post)
Originally posted by skekUng
This country needs the dismantling of unions?

It needs rid of bankers control

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 09:16 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Whatever you think of legislators skipping town the threat to unions is very real. This could be their death blow. Without unions this country has no future.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 02:08 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

i believe it is only public unions that are threatened, not all unions. The only unions losing power are the ones that are paid for by the taxpayer. when they strike and negotiate a raise, the money comes directly from the taxpayer, since they are government employees.

Private sector unions are not under attack in any way, if i understand it correctly.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 03:16 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

If state legislators can make laws curbing public unions then what's to stop them from attacking private sector ones as well? Unions in the private sector are all but dead anyway

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 04:40 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

if they are already dead, what does it matter? And i guess I hadn't heard of the decline of private sector unions. The reason for an attack on public sector unions is that anything the public unions negotiate for, comes directly out of the taxpayer's budget.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 05:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bicnarok
It needs rid of bankers control

This country needs an enema. /fact

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 05:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skekUng

Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Whatever you think of legislators skipping town the threat to unions is very real. This could be their death blow. Without unions this country has no future.

I don't think that the dramatics are called for, but the overall point still remains.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 05:16 AM
skekUng is currently offline Click here to Send skekUng a Private Message Find more posts by skekUng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Unions in the private sector are a joke by the very nature of the Private Sector being what it is.

So, the way I see it, the death of public unions is the death of unions period.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 05:31 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Robtard
This country needs an enema. /fact

Joker reference?

"This town needs an enema! *blows noisemaker twice*"

Old Post Apr 8th, 2011 09:33 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote