KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » IMF chief arrested for sexual interpretation of IMF policy

IMF chief arrested for sexual interpretation of IMF policy
Started by: Liberator

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Tongue IMF chief arrested for sexual interpretation of IMF policy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13443085

Chief of the International Monetary Fund was arrested on charges of rape against a 37 year old Guinea woman.

It's like he's enacting IMF policy (e.g. "raping" developing nations economies) on a human being!

- Emma Goldman

Old Post May 18th, 2011 04:00 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I hope he gets what he deserves if he is guity!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:11 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Honestly there can be SO many people involved in this that it's an exercise in futility just mentioning them all. Sarkozy, the US itself, literally dozens of governments all could have had an interest in shooting this guy down Assange style.

That having been said, it shouldn't be assumed that he didn't in fact do it. Logic dictates that a guy with that much money could have easily purchased the services of a companion, but then again, from what I know, rape has less to do with the sex itself, and more to do with the power behind it.

Don't know if he did it or not, I just heard a rumor that the woman lived in a building with a lot of HIV sufferers or something, but I wasn't paying attention. I'll try to keep an ear out for more news on the subject.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:23 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utsukushii
The Devil Made Me Do It

Nasty ass old man. He ran down the hall naked, forced her into a room. Disgusting pig.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:23 PM
Utsukushii is currently offline Click here to Send Utsukushii a Private Message Find more posts by Utsukushii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utsukushii
Nasty ass old man. He ran down the hall naked, forced her into a room. Disgusting pig.

You should really read a bit more of the articles on the subject first. The guy not only had a HUGE amount of enemies, was considered the most likely next president of France, held the biggest international loan shark in the palm of his hand.

There is an extremely high chance that the guy was set up. Shouldn't jump to conclusions like that.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:30 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

lol, everything is a conspiracy these days

who needs evidence?

Old Post May 18th, 2011 06:56 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Such a powerful man being caught out like that, and not being able to, or being helped to hide it by way of a bribe or some similar "act".

Sounds odd to me, it wouldn´t suprise me if he was set up for some reason.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 07:13 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Such a powerful man being caught out like that, and not being able to, or being helped to hide it by way of a bribe or some similar "act".

Just one of the many things that make no sense. Including the fact that they had no warrant when they picked him up, there was no warrant to stop him from leaving the country, etc.

They apparently also forgot about his basic rights and decided to carry him around handcuffed. Yeah, he's clearly a huge threat roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 18th, 2011 07:20 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Including the fact that they had no warrant when they picked him up

If laws in France are anything like in the states a warrant is only necessary to compel a person against their will. The idea that they'd ride over and say "Dude we totally got you." is hardly inconceivable.

there was no warrant to stop him from leaving the country, etc.

I'm pretty sure there's no such type of warrant.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 07:32 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

You should really read a bit more of the articles on the subject first. The guy not only had a HUGE amount of enemies, was considered the most likely next president of France, held the biggest international loan shark in the palm of his hand.

There is an extremely high chance that the guy was set up. Shouldn't jump to conclusions like that.

So basically, your logic is the it is unlikely that rich, powerful people would commit crimes.

IDK about that one.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:01 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by King Kandy
So basically, your logic is the it is unlikely that rich, powerful people would commit crimes.

IDK about that one.

Exactly. And your logic is that people who are powerful and influential have never been framed or blackmailed by opponents.

c wut i did thar

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:06 PM
King Kandy

Exactly. And your logic is that people who are powerful and influential have never been framed or blackmailed by opponents.

c wut i did thar

No, I just see no evidence that that is what happened in this case. I'm all for "innocent until proven guilty", but just because he COULD have been framed, doesn't mean he was. For all we know, it could have been his evil twin brother who did it. I don't lend much credence to such possibilities, because they are totally unsubstantiated.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:08 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

No, I just see no evidence that that is what happened in this case. I'm all for "innocent until proven guilty", but just because he COULD have been framed, doesn't mean he was. For all we know, it could have been his evil twin brother who did it. I don't lend much credence to such possibilities, because they are totally unsubstantiated.

You think that an immigrant maid making minimum wage being assaulted by one of the most powerful men in the world on foreign soil during a quick visit, left to run out and call the cops, with him not even attempting an escape, with no conclusive reports proving she WAS raped is more substantiated than an immigrant maid making minimum wage being paid a hefty amount by one of the NUMEROUS enemies this guy had (a few including the president of France, the presidents of every single country that has debts in the BILLIONS with the IMF that could then get a puppet to replace him as president of IMF).

Well, that's certainly one way to look at it.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:15 PM
King Kandy

You think that an immigrant maid making minimum wage being assaulted by one of the most powerful men in the world on foreign soil during a quick visit, left to run out and call the cops, with him not even attempting an escape, with no conclusive reports proving she WAS raped is more substantiated than an immigrant maid making minimum wage being paid a hefty amount by one of the NUMEROUS enemies this guy had (a few including the president of France, the presidents of every single country that has debts in the BILLIONS with the IMF that could then get a puppet to replace him as president of IMF).

Well, that's certainly one way to look at it.

I have no idea if the guy did it; that'll have to wait for the court case.

I would certainly think the 1st option you mentioned is more likely, though.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:21 PM
dadudemon

I have no idea if the guy did it; that'll have to wait for the court case.

This.

Innocent until proven guilty, I say.

To me, there is an accused and an accuser. Neither side is right or wrong but the accused should be considered innocent until proven guilty.

There could be a very strong motivation for a "poor" hotel cleaner to accuse a rich person of something that could result in her getting money. She could be looking for 15 minutes of fame. He could have assaulted her thinking he was perfectly safe from getting trouble (meaning, he grew complacent in his position of power and thought himself beyond reproach for such an act). He could have also be really horny and she was really good looking AND he had rapist tendencies.

What I'm surprised about : if he has so many enemies AND he's a rapist...at 62, it's far more likely that he would have other accusers come out of the woodwork to also accuse him of the same. Where are they? They usually pop up the first or second day of the accusations.

Also, this should tell you that you should:

1. know the person you are having sex with.

2. Record all of your sexual encounters with strangers.

3. Have them sign a release if you're famous. lol! (I don't meant to laugh.)

4. Keep it in your damn pants.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Bicnarok

See, that's the problem, either way would be "proof" of a conspiracy. He's either set up by the shadowy world leaders or part of the shadowy world leaders who keep him safe...

Old Post May 18th, 2011 09:55 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by dadudemon
1. know the person you are having sex with.

2. Record all of your sexual encounters with strangers.

3. Have them sign a release if you're famous. lol! (I don't meant to laugh.)

4. Keep it in your damn pants.

If you're famous you should really be having a lawyer present for everything you do.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 10:01 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If you're famous you should really be having a lawyer present for everything you do.

I agree. Or at least your mother-in-law. big grin

Old Post May 18th, 2011 10:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by dadudemon

What I'm surprised about : if he has so many enemies AND he's a rapist...at 62, it's far more likely that he would have other accusers come out of the woodwork to also accuse him of the same. Where are they? They usually pop up the first or second day of the accusations.

That's right. Initially I thought "come on dude, if the guy was horny he could buy the most expensive piece of ass he can imagine". Then I remembered sexual assault isn't always about being horny. Then I thought given how many enemies the guy has, surely SOMETHING would have come out about this by now. This guy has the power to walk into your country and say "Every single human being in this country is going to cluck like a chicken if you want to be able to foot the electricity bill." If he's found guilty, the guy that replaces him gets that power. That is a hell of a carrot right there.

I am still not sold on whether he's innocent or guilty and only a very well executed investigation will prove one or the other.

All eyes are on the US right now.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 10:05 PM
dadudemon

That's right. Initially I thought "come on dude, if the guy was horny he could buy the most expensive piece of ass he can imagine". Then I remembered sexual assault isn't always about being horny. Then I thought given how many enemies the guy has, surely SOMETHING would have come out about this by now. This guy has the power to walk into your country and say "Every single human being in this country is going to cluck like a chicken if you want to be able to foot the electricity bill." If he's found guilty, the guy that replaces him gets that power. That is a hell of a carrot right there.

I am still not sold on whether he's innocent or guilty and only a very well executed investigation will prove one or the other.

All eyes are on the US right now.

Well, there was no denial by him of sexual activity, I don't think. I didn't read or hear that anywhere. Obviously, some sexual activity occurred. But was it consensual? I hope so. I don't like predators. I know it's almost sad that I'm making this distinction, but I would rather that lady be looking to make money and/or get fame than an actual sexual assault to have occurred.

Edit - It's also very hard to prove rape when the victim was too scared or too passive to resist. It just turns into his word against hers. That's just even more sad and it happens much more often than people want to talk about.

Old Post May 18th, 2011 10:08 PM