KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » British Army soldier 30 - 0

British Army soldier 30 - 0
Started by: Mairuzu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

British Army soldier 30 - 0

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2011060...istannepalaward

quote:
LONDON (AFP) – A Nepalese soldier in the British army has been given a top bravery award by Queen Elizabeth II for his heroics in Afghanistan, where he single-handedly saw off more than 30 Taliban fighters.

Corporal Dipprasad Pun, 31, said he thought he was going to die and so had nothing to lose in taking on the attackers who overran his checkpoint.

He was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross (CGC), which is given in recognition of acts of conspicuous gallantry during active operations against the enemy.

Pun fired more than 400 rounds, launched 17 grenades and detonated a mine to repel the Taliban assault on his checkpoint near Babaji in Helmand Province, southern Afghanistan, last September.

Surrounded, the enemy opened fired from all sides and for 15 minutes Pun remained under continuous attack, including from rocket-propelled grenades and AK47 guns.

At one point, unable to shoot, he used his machine gun tripod to knock down a militant who was climbing the walls of the compound.

Two insurgents were still attacking by the time he ran out of ammunition, but he set off a Claymore mine to repel them.

Pun was given his medal in a ceremony at Buckingham Palace in London on Wednesday.

The CGC is second only to the Victoria Cross -- the highest honour for bravery in the face of the enemy.

"There wasn't any choice but to fight. The Taliban were all around the checkpoint. I was alone," he said.

"I had so many of them around me that I thought I was definitely going to die so I thought I'd kill as many of them as I could before they killed me.

"After that I thought nobody can kill us now -- when we met the enemy I wasn't scared."

Britain's Major General Nicholas Carter, who was commander of allied forces in southern Afghanistan during Pun's deployment, praised his efforts.

"The CGC does not get handed out lightly. It was a most remarkable achievement," he said

Beast mode

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 05:26 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Respect.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 05:36 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Obvious PR scam. Nepal super-soldier, please.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 05:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude is hardly a super soldier. This guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Badass.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 05:51 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 06:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 06:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Americans are so ****ing awesome.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 07:00 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Scavenger pro yo

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 07:35 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 08:08 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dude is hardly a super soldier. This guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

Badass.

Read a book about him...Inventively entitled "The Sniper"

Was good.

He's still a gayfagknobjockeybummerbentshot compared to this guy though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Severloh

And while this next guy may not have killed as many people as the 2 above....He's also as bad ass as they come. Read his citation for the VC...It's unbelievable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachhiman_Gurung

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 08:09 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Americans are so ****ing awesome.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 08:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden101
Read a book about him...Inventively entitled "The Sniper"

Was good.

He's still a gayfagknobjockeybummerbentshot compared to this guy though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Severloh

And while this next guy may not have killed as many people as the 2 above....He's also as bad ass as they come. Read his citation for the VC...It's unbelievable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachhiman_Gurung

Meh, how hard is it to sit in a fortified position and unload a machine-gun at an enemy who's running towards you in waves like retards?

Now that Nepalese ****, that's a warrior.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 08:59 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 09:05 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

What's so special about these guys? I can do this in Call of Duty easily.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 10:08 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What's so special about these guys? I can do this in Call of Duty easily.
laughing

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 11:26 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

I'll put this here.... Pretty much sums it up. Hahya and Mad Jack are included big grin http://www.cracked.com/article_1701...like-pussy.html

I got everything!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 12:00 AM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

It's weird. There are a lot of differences between wikipedia's and cracked's telling of Hayha's feats.

I got everything!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 12:15 AM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

I don't think you're a badass just for killing a lot of people, its how you kill them.

Sniping someone isn't nearly as badass as turning one man army like this Nepalese guy.

Oh and another thing, what do you have to do to get the Victoria Cross if this doesn't clinch it?

Is it because he's not British?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 01:34 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uh no! there's been well over 300 non British VC winners including about 20 Gurkhas one of which I already posted in this thread

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 10:54 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Sad how some people try to overshadow this chap´s feats by linking other people who did similar things.

Anyone who has been in a war zone or a battle situation can appreciate the balls required to do what he did, and not just do a runner.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2011 11:44 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote