KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How long do people normally visit gravesites?

How long do people normally visit gravesites?
Started by: Sai1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sai1

How long do people normally visit gravesites?

Just wanted to get some opinions. Is there some point at which it could be unhealthy? What about someone who has gone every week for the past 6 years?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 04:55 AM
Sai1 is currently offline Click here to Send Sai1 a Private Message Find more posts by Sai1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Sounds like someone has a hard time moving on.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 05:32 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
immaturerainbow
Straight V I B I N G

I live in a graveyard, so forever.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 05:52 AM
immaturerainbow is currently offline Click here to Send immaturerainbow a Private Message Find more posts by immaturerainbow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

aaahahahaha

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 06:41 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Once at the funeral. No point visiting an empty shell imo.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 07:25 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same. I never saw the point.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 07:27 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Once at the funeral. No point visiting an empty shell imo.

I agree, but not everybody sees it that way. My sisters husband died about 18 months ago, she visits the cemetary once a week. I do understand to a point, after an abusive first husband and a series of loser boyfriends she finally finds a great guy and he dies suddenly 5 years into their marriage.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 10:50 AM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seCrawler

Havent been in years.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 12:12 PM
seCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send seCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by seCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Sai1
Just wanted to get some opinions. Is there some point at which it could be unhealthy? What about someone who has gone every week for the past 6 years?
Is this person functioning well in the rest of their life? Holding a job? Has positive relationships with live people? Can go to a funny movie and laugh? Eating well, sleeping well? If so, I wouldn't worry about it.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 02:26 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StephenJondrew

For me it depends on who I'm with. If I'm with a group of people I just want to pay my respects and go; however, if I'm by myself I often just stay for awhile, sit/stand, etc, thinking about life, sometimes talking things out.

That being said, other times I just pay my respects and go when I'm by myself too.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 03:11 PM
StephenJondrew is currently offline Click here to Send StephenJondrew a Private Message Find more posts by StephenJondrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by Mindship
Is this person functioning well in the rest of their life? Holding a job? Has positive relationships with live people? Can go to a funny movie and laugh? Eating well, sleeping well? If so, I wouldn't worry about it.

[/thread]

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 04:39 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I've got dat Jehovah's Witness apathy about death, so I don't even see the point in visiting someone's grave.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 04:51 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I don't vist as offen as I should. Once in awhile I bring flowers to my Grandparent's graves but the graveyard spooks me out so I don't go near it too offen.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 03:02 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still tend my Grandparents graves and 3 of them died nearly 15 years ago...It's just the done thing in my family...We tend the graves of my Grandparents grandparents....Only takes a couple of hours a week...It's a mark of respect...Doesn't mean we still grieve over them.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 09:31 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I think it's nice to visit graves of loved ones.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 10:27 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Cremation would solve all this grave visiting.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 01:51 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Oh you are dark.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 02:33 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Cremation would solve all this grave visiting.
And then snort the ashes or make them into coffee and drink it.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 02:43 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That way they'll live on inside you. Forever.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 03:00 AM
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

I've heard you can get corpses of loved ones turned in to diamonds and shit like that too. And, if advertising is honest (of course it is) diamonds last forever, so that's kinda sweet.

I got everything!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 03:04 AM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote