KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » More bad economic news

More bad economic news
Started by: The Dark Cloud

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Archaeopteryx

More bad economic news

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 09:09 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Honestly, I'm going to just jump off a high object.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 09:39 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Don't let me stop you.

Seriously though.... instead of recognizing the problems our society faces and trying to do something you, like many people, just choose to bury your head in the sand and hope everything gets better on it's own.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 10:12 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

And your act of problem solving is.......posting an article on KMC?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 10:16 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Originally posted by Bardock42
And your act of problem solving is.......posting an article on KMC?

It's hardly the only thing I do, but discussion of said topics is a start. Right now the only way information flows freely is via the internet. All other forms of media....television, radio, newspaper, etc. are one way. We get what the media tells us, but we can't respond. on the internet we can.

Blaxican, and some others probably, accuse me of always being negative. But as I see it that's how things are now. I do have an open mind though, so please, someone, anybody, point me in the direction of something currently positive about world economics, the long term outlook on food production, energy resources, water availability, access to healthcare, species not going extinct at an alarming rate, etc, etc.

Or maybe I should just care about the score to the red sox/yankees game or whether or not Lindsay Lohan is doing coke again, or watching Nancy Grace talk about Casey Anthony for the 290, 568, 300,987, 162 time.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 10:26 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Don't let me stop you.

Seriously though.... instead of recognizing the problems our society faces and trying to do something you, like many people, just choose to bury your head in the sand and hope everything gets better on it's own.
No, I just don't complain about it and resign myself to hopelessness like you do, which is the difference. There's acknowledging a problem, and doing something about it, and then there's acknowledging about it, and then moping about it, which is what you do.

I laugh at your defeatist threads here but in real life I exercise frequently and eat well to avoid death by diabetes/heart disease which runs in my family, I protect my credit, manage my money properly, get my degrees and figure out how to rise above the poverty from which I was born in, and I beat the system. What do you do?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 10:42 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I masturbate frequently.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 10:42 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What a waste of a girlfriend. If I had one I wouldn't masturbate ever.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 10:44 PM
Bardock42

What a waste of a girlfriend. If I had one I wouldn't masturbate ever.

I partake in her facilities frequently, too.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 10:45 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

What an excellent wording.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 10:45 PM
Archaeopteryx

No, I just don't complain about it and resign myself to hopelessness like you do, which is the difference. There's acknowledging a problem, and doing something about it, and then there's acknowledging about it, and then moping about it, which is what you do.

I laugh at your defeatist threads here but in real life I exercise frequently and eat well to avoid death by diabetes/heart disease which runs in my family, I protect my credit, manage my money properly, get my degrees and figure out how to rise above the poverty from which I was born in, and I beat the system. What do you do?

Oh but you're wrong, I don't "resign myself to hopelessness" as you accuse me of. I point out problems and try when I can to offer solutions. I am 48 and have recently lost 50 lbs which has helped my health enormously though my diabetes persists, sometime genetics overrules the healthiest of lifestyles.

I have less than 2 years to retirement (will you be able to retire at 50) so my financial situation is pretty secure.

I recycle everything I can, drive a compact car, avoid shopping at big box chains which promote globalization, and buy American whenever I can (which is often easier than many think).

Unlike you, I do not belittle other posters in this forum so go ahead and laugh all you want, you have already derailed this thread by attacking me but what the hell, it's only the internet, right?

It's good that you excercise, watch your credit, and try to educate yourself but try thinking beyond just yourself and try to think what you can do to help the overall situation of your community, country, and planet, we all have to, or we're all in big trouble. That's not negativity, it's reality.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 11:06 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Well, go ahead and toss out some solutions then, now that you're in the spotlight. I have never seen you do so, and apparently neither have quite a few people here, hence why you get so much flack. Do you have something to contribute that isn't vague, like "do what you can to save the planet"? Something a little more specific?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 11:09 PM
Bardock42

Oh but you're wrong, I don't "resign myself to hopelessness" as you accuse me of. I point out problems and try when I can to offer solutions. I am 48 and have recently lost 50 lbs which has helped my health enormously though my diabetes persists, sometime genetics overrules the healthiest of lifestyles.

I have less than 2 years to retirement (will you be able to retire at 50) so my financial situation is pretty secure.

I recycle everything I can, drive a compact car, avoid shopping at big box chains which promote globalization, and buy American whenever I can (which is often easier than many think).

Unlike you, I do not belittle other posters in this forum so go ahead and laugh all you want, you have already derailed this thread by attacking me but what the hell, it's only the internet, right?

It's good that you excercise, watch your credit, and try to educate yourself but try thinking beyond just yourself and try to think what you can do to help the overall situation of your community, country, and planet, we all have to, or we're all in big trouble. That's not negativity, it's reality.

Now, now, both of these sound great....but who has the bigger penis?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 11:16 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Such a silly question to ask a black guy

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 11:17 PM
Archaeopteryx

Well, go ahead and toss out some solutions then, now that you're in the spotlight. I have never seen you do so, and apparently neither have quite a few people here, hence why you get so much flack. Do you have something to contribute that isn't vague, like "do what you can to save the planet"? Something a little more specific?

You asked me "what do you do" and I responded, those are some solutions, or didn't you read them?. Are you going to point out some positive contradictions (other than apply just to you) like I asked?

You want another one? I actually do my research on political candidates before voting for (or against) them, unlike the vast majority of voters, If people really paid attention and held politicans accountable rather than just voting along party lines or voting for the "other" party whenever things are bad it just might make a difference.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 11:24 PM
Bardock42

Who did you vote for in the last 5 presidential elections?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 11:26 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

[B]You asked me "what do you do" and I responded, those are some solutions, or didn't you read them?.

So it takes someone criticizing you to make you post solutions to these problems?

quote:
Are you going to point out some positive contradictions (other than apply just to you) like I asked?
Is this a typo?

quote:
You want another one? I actually do my research on political candidates before voting for (or against) them, unlike the vast majority of voters, If people really paid attention and held politicans accountable rather than just voting along party lines or voting for the "other" party whenever things are bad it just might make a difference.
Who'd you vote for in the last presidental election? Or, what Bardock said?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 11:31 PM
Archaeopteryx

Who did you vote for in the last 5 presidential elections?

My Presidential voting record

84-Reagan (before I knew any better)
88-Didn't vote
92-Perot
96-Clinton
00-None of these (an option in Nevada where I live)
04-David Cobb (Green Party)
08-McCain (and had to hold my nose to do it, I did so because I felt I had to vote against Obama)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2011 11:51 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

The bubble is bound to burst eventually, the worlds economical system is sitting on a pile of fantasy money created in cyber space.

I wonder what will happen when it bursts, will the rich money hoarders still be in control?

This video, although politically biast. Hits the nail on the head.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 10:41 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I see nothing wrong...for the most part. I see that Americans still need to cut back on spending. We spent waaaaaay too much money (both the people and the government.)

Now that we have to hold back, it's going to take a bit. A part of me is glad something like this is happening. I just wish it would happen much faster and much more severely. That way, we could be done with it and start making significant recovery.

There's nothing wrong with being a nation full of prudent and financially responsible people. We just lived so long, irresponsibly, that it's taking forever to recover. It would be faster if stuff were allowed to fail.

I'll go get Mairuzu, then. BRB.

I masturbate frequently.

*Remembers the pictures of Sarah*

no expression

Such a silly question to ask a black guy

Best comeback, this week. laughing

Originally posted by Bicnarok

lol. I like that old dude. Obviously biased, true.

To answer his last question: the last thing Obama should do is alienate the Republican by being as derisive as possible. That would do nothing and make things worse.

What we need is a bunch of blue dog democrats (70) to sweep house and the senate, for about 12 years. That's unrealistic but it's the most realistic scenario for cleaning up the mess.

I could be wrong and I'm more than open to changing my mind on that. Anyone?

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 10th, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2011 11:12 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote