KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » mom arrested for tattoo

mom arrested for tattoo
Started by: Nietzschean

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

mom arrested for tattoo

Georgia Mom Arrested for Allowing 10-Year-Old to Get Tattoo

quote:
Georgia Mom Arrested for Allowing 10-Year-Old to Get Tattoo Email 543 Smaller Font Text Larger Text | Print ht Chuntera Napier nt 120119 wblog Georgia Mom Arrested for Allowing 10 Year Old to Get Tattoo (Photo courtesy: Cobb County Sheriff's Office) A Georgia mother who was arrested for allowing her 10-year-old to get a tattoo said she had no idea it was illegal for him to get one, even with her consent. When Chuntera Napier’s son Gaquan Napier asked her if he could get a memorial tattoo for his 12-year-old brother Malik who died after being hit by a car, Napier was touched by the request. “My son came to me and said, ‘Mom, I want to get a tattoo with Malik on it, rest in peace,’” she told ABC News’ Atlanta affiliate WSBTV. “It made me feel good to know that he wanted his brother on him.” When Gaquan Napier was asked why he wanted the tattoo, he said, “Because it represents my brother.” “What do I say to a child who wants to remember his brother? It’s not like he was asking me, ‘Can I get Sponge Bob?” Napier said. “He asked me [for] something that’s in remembrance of his brother. How can I say no?”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-to-get-tattoo/

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 11:30 PM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

What laws have been broken, I'm not defending her but is there a specific law that covers this stuff?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 11:37 PM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Major_Lexington
What laws have been broken, I'm not defending her but is there a specific law that covers this stuff?

Georgia

Prohibits the tattooing of anyone under age 18 by anyone other than a licensed osteopath or technician acting under the direct supervision of a licensed physician or osteopath.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_...e_United_States

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 11:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

Had a feeling the under 18 part might be the issue, too lazy to Google/wiki it!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 11:44 PM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

My problem with this is that culturally and religious exceptions have been made with what is illegal for certain groups of people.

So I kinda have an issue with this law which would prohibit certain people from practicing their beliefs and seems to be imposing european western views on people who dont share them and shouldnt have to.

I am referring to amerindian tattoo practices.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 11:46 PM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Nietzschean

I am referring to amerindian tattoo practices.

The US government gives Native Indians a massive leeway, likely due to the US Government's past of enforcing near-genocide and ass****ing the native tribes out of lands their fore-bearers had settled centuries before..

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 11:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Malak died from a car crash? I thought he died when Revan slew him?

But this situation is iffy. However, tattoos can be removed these days with out ugly scaring like in the past. I would say that a parent should not be able to put tattoos on their children's more private areas but an arm or shoulder tat should be okay. It's hard to say...

Maybe limit the age to a test on the child or something?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:10 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I don't see why you'd allow a ten year-old to make that decision in the first place.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:20 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

Originally posted by Astner
I don't see why you'd allow a ten year-old to make that decision in the first place.
b/c it can be a cultural or spiritual belief and right of passage.

ask yourself this, why is this being prohibited but not circumcision?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 12:45 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Because one doesn't make millions a year for the medical industry and another does.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 03:36 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Because one doesn't make millions a year for the medical industry and another does.

Is it really millions or is it billions?

Seems like an easy decisions for most 10 year olds to make.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 04:17 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Is it really millions or is it billions?

Billions seems high, but it's likely in the upper millions. I don't know for certain.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 04:32 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'm not for child circumcision either.

Seems like an easy decisions for most 10 year olds to make.

Yes, but they're not mature enough to make such a decision. If the child still wants a tattoo when he turns 18, then he can go through with getting one at the age of 18.

Just imagine if your parents allowed you to tattoo the name of your fourth grade crush on your wrist when you were around that age, because you wanted it then. Wouldn't you hold them accountable for bad parenting?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 04:50 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yes, but they're not mature enough to make such a decision.

Because a tattoo is a serious decision?

This isn't Congo or the jungles of Columbia.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 06:46 AM
Addyrew

DADUDEMon which dish is this which you make your sight picture..??

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 06:58 AM
Addyrew is currently offline Click here to Send Addyrew a Private Message Find more posts by Addyrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The dish? It is called "Orange Danish Rolls".

If you are 10, do NOT get a tattoo of Orange Danish Rolls: they look much better, fresh, than in a tattoo version.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 07:12 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Apart from the mother's stupid decision in allowing her 10 yr old to get tattooed...the BIGGER ISSUE is what PROFESSIONAL STUDIO or ARTIST would tattoo a 10 yr old?

Here in Australia it's around a $17000 fine if a tattooist tattoos a minor & we're talking about if the client's around 16 or 17 & either submitted a fake ID or the tattooist didn't care.

A professional tattooist would've known that the most logical reason NOT to tattoo a 10 yr old is that as he grows older & his body develops muscle tone, that tattoo would be stretched & distorted beyond recognition.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 09:02 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

what a stupid law.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 03:31 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I have changed my mind. A person should be 18 before they can get a tattoo.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2012 06:32 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Because a tattoo is a serious decision?

Yes it is. You'll cary that tattoo for the rest of your life. Even if you decide to spend the ridiculous amount of money to bleach the ink away with a laser operation it will still be there.

Besides, as Esau Cairn said. The child grows, and an image like a face might be stretched out and become unrecognizable as the child grows.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 12:42 AM