KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Have and do women contribute as much to Culture, Science and Art as men?

Have and do women contribute as much to Culture, Science and Art as men?
Started by: Anthony Stark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anthony Stark
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have and do women contribute as much to Culture, Science and Art as men?

Do women and have women contributed as much to Culture, Art and Science as men. In terms of both quality and quantity? Has feminism increased the female contribution in these areas? Should we value the female intellect as highly?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 05:50 PM
Anthony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Anthony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Anthony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

No. Yes. Yes.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 06:14 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anthony Stark
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
No. Yes. Yes.

Proportionately? Evidence please.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 06:19 PM
Anthony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Anthony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Anthony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Anthony Stark
Proportionately?

It doesn't have to be proportionate when your asking whether or not it has increased.

Evidence please.

Evidence for what? Be more specific.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 06:29 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I'm in agreement with Astner

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 07:11 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

considering they were actively blocked from contributing to all of these until just recently (in most cases), I'd say no if we mean in aggregate. In terms of, have their limited contributions been just as important and groundbreaking? of course.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 07:30 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Oliver North
In terms of, have their limited contributions been just as important and groundbreaking? of course.

Everytime someone says that, kevlar comes to my mind.

I wonder why?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 07:39 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

yes, no, yes

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 07:55 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

No. Yes. Yes.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 08:24 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

In all honesty we know that the answer is NO, NO, and NO, but some of them are nice to look at so who cares?

Attachment: dancingtroll.png
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 08:43 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Everytime someone says that, kevlar comes to my mind.

I wonder why?

strange, I was thinking of Simone de Beauvoir and Marie Currie

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 08:45 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

It's somewhat odd that culture is the one getting the most "no" answers, as it is arguably the only thing that women have been historically able to and allowed to have influence over. Even in situations where women were considered second class citizens, they often weren't the "victims" of culture, but found ways to express themselves in the limited roles they had...

EDIT: I suppose it depends on what people mean by "culture"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 08:47 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 08:49 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Men have never contributed to culture, science, or art.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 08:53 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

No. Yes. Trick question-they don't have one.
I agree.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 09:00 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Oliver North
It's somewhat odd that culture is the one getting the most "no" answers, as it is arguably the only thing that women have been historically able to and allowed to have influence over. Even in situations where women were considered second class citizens, they often weren't the "victims" of culture, but found ways to express themselves in the limited roles they had...

EDIT: I suppose it depends on what people mean by "culture"

I think the answers are regarding the questions asked in the original post, rather than culture, science and art. At least my agreement with Astner was in answer to that.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 09:05 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

oops, well I feel dumb now...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 09:13 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Do women and have women contributed as much to Culture, Art and Science as men. In terms of both quality and quantity?
..............Quality........Quantity
Culture......Yes..............Yes
Art............Yes..............Not sure
Science.....Yes..............No

Should we value the female intellect as highly?
We could. Or we could go like the Kzinti.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 09:14 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anthony Stark
Restricted

Account Restricted

On some levels women have influenced Culture and some rare examples have contributed to Science and Art at a very high level. Is this though a bit like monkeys with typewriters? You have enough, you get something worth reading out...

Where is the female Tesla, Lavoisier, da Vinci, Newton, Archimedes or even Karl Gauss? Where is the female Marx or Machiavelli. I think we have had a number of notable female martyrs who have made a difference. Women can be passionate but can they really on mass contribute?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 11:31 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I think it's yes across the board, actually, though science is tricky. In art and culture women have contributed greatly by not only creating art (particularly music) but also in being the muse and inspiration from which many men produced their art (or for whom it is produced, also, again, particularly in music). While there's not a female equivalent that I am aware of for figures like Socrates, Newton, etc. (mainly due to gender inequality in Western Society keeping women out of higher learning for centuries/millenia), women are still the first teachers of children so they do contribute and provide the foundation.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 11:43 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote