KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » which would you eliminate from society. only pick 1

Which would you eliminate if you had the chance
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Murderes 11 55.00%
Rapist 4 20.00%
Pedophiles 2 10.00%
Homosexuals 3 15.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

which would you eliminate from society. only pick 1
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

which would you eliminate from society. only pick 1

Which one would you vote to if you somehow had the chance.

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Jan 13th, 2014 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 09:02 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Does banning murder also ban manslaughter, and killing in war, and other human on human killings? If so that would make it more interesting. If not, then I guess I'd eliminate rape.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 09:16 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

It bans manslaughter and other forms, but not war

I have returned

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 09:18 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Forgetting practicality for a moment, probably murderers, as I class them as being the worst of the bunch.

I get that you hate gays, but putting them on this list makes you look like a ****, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 09:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Hmm, probably still rape then.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 09:22 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and homosexuals?! One of these things is not like the other...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:00 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd get rid of murder

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:04 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Murder's the obvious choice here. Not sure what the logical argument behind the others would be. Ending lives unfairly can't be given a price, even given how horrific rape and pedophilia can be.

And yeah, even including homosexuals makes you look like a bigot. Intentional or not, gotta watch how you're perceived.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:06 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Rape far, far, far exceeds the numbers of murder. Rape can lead to murder. Murder is dealt with in an appropriate way in most places and can be much more easily investigated.

Not having rape would have far more positive effects on the world.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:13 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Homosexuals. Obviously.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:19 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'd pick rape, because rape targets women more and that's wrong.

Men are the target of murder more than women, so it's not really a huge deal imo.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:20 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Murders. You cannot recover from death.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:21 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Rape far, far, far exceeds the numbers of murder. Rape can lead to murder. Murder is dealt with in an appropriate way in most places and can be much more easily investigated.

Not having rape would have far more positive effects on the world.

Well, the "rape leads to murder" argument is somewhat invalidated within our thought experiment here. It couldn't lead to murder if you stopped all murder.

Otherwise, I don't know enough about the numbers to debate with you. It's just...I can't disagree with most of this, but killing a person - ending their life - just seems on a different level to me. Rape is horrific; no doubt. But like, would you stop 100 rapes or 10 unjust murders? Horrible choice, I know, but I'd have to stop the murders. Even if it's dealt with more fairly by the judicial system, those 10 innocent people are still dead.

There's not a wrong answer here. I don't want to seem too vehement. That's just my take.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:35 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I'd pick rape, because rape targets women more and that's wrong.

Men are the target of murder more than women, so it's not really a huge deal imo.

I laughed. If I had a cookie to give you, you would have it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Digi
Well, the "rape leads to murder" argument is somewhat invalidated within our thought experiment here. It couldn't lead to murder if you stopped all murder.

What I'm saying is that eliminating rape would also eliminate a portion of murders.

Originally posted by Digi

Otherwise, I don't know enough about the numbers to debate with you. It's just...I can't disagree with most of this, but killing a person - ending their life - just seems on a different level to me. Rape is horrific; no doubt. But like, would you stop 100 rapes or 10 unjust murders? Horrible choice, I know, but I'd have to stop the murders. Even if it's dealt with more fairly by the judicial system, those 10 innocent people are still dead.

There's not a wrong answer here. I don't want to seem too vehement. That's just my take.

It seems like a simplistic comparison though. Like I said, I am considering the ramifications within society. (take for example some places in Africa, where an estimated 1 in 3 woman will be raped in their life).

I agree with you that there's no simple answer, tbh, I mostly engaged you cause you said "Murder's the obvious choice here. Not sure what the logical argument behind the others would be." which I took as basically the opposite of what you said now :P

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 10:40 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm, probably still rape them.

Fixed.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 11:31 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I pick eliminating pedophilia. It's that kind of crap that can traumatize children to become killers, rapists, or both as they get older.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 14th, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2014 11:54 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Rape far, far, far exceeds the numbers of murder.
Uh, based on what?

The UN did a study apparently that shows there are 250,000 rapes recorded annually, with over 60 countries recorded.

In 2012, homicide statistics show an estimate of over 460,000 intentional murders a year, not even counting shit like Involuntary Manslaughter which, per Big C, is covered.

I'd choose murder, without a doubt.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 12:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by -Pr-
Forgetting practicality for a moment, probably murderers, as I class them as being the worst of the bunch.

I get that you hate gays, but putting them on this list makes you look like a ****, tbh.

thumb up

He is from Russia though. That was probably a state requirement.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 12:10 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Anyone who votes for rape will be banned. I don't want to be removed from society.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2014 12:11 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote