KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » "Bad Ammo"

"Bad Ammo"
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Bad Ammo"

According to Obama administration the 223 is bad ammo, but considering its never been used to kill a police officer, why all the sudden need to take it away from us. Literally a police officer has never been killed with this type of round.

For starters the 223 is a widely used round used for sporting and hunting enthusiasts. Its the most common form of ammo in civilian and military sectors and the cheapest round to fire.

The fact that this round needs to be ban now because Obama could not ban the Ar-15 is unconstitutional.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/zero-cop...bamas-bad-ammo/

http://news.yahoo.com/saf-authorize...-192700817.html

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 09:05 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Maybe Obama tried using it to hunt turkeys and got burned.

****ing turkeys...indestructible with all those feathers.

Edit: Wait, I'm thinking of the .22. My poor joke. sad

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Mar 5th, 2015 at 09:23 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 09:20 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How is it "unconstitutional"?

Is it similar in saying banning .50cal tank penetrating rounds/rifles? What about banning RPGs, claymores, SAMs etc? Where do you draw the line on "a right to bear arms" is what I'm asking?

I wouldn't cry too much though, the firearms industry will likely replace it with an alternative that isn't armor-piercing rated as there's money to be lost/made

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 09:21 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Why the hell should any civilian be wielding an AR15 assault rifle? At best a handgun or revolver for personal protection, and a hunting rifle. You shouldn't need anything beyond that unless you're taking on a mercenary team.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 09:30 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The ban hasn't happened yet, it's just talks and may not actually happen. So what we'll have is a bunch of alarmist going out and stockpiling the 223round while Freedom Group and such laugh and rack in a huge profit for the quarter.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 09:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
Why the hell should any civilian be wielding an AR15 assault rifle? At best a handgun or revolver for personal protection, and a hunting rifle. You shouldn't need anything beyond that unless you're taking on a mercenary team.

Actually AR-15 are the most common sports rifle in America. Since you are not a gun owner or a hunter or sports enthusiast I could expect you to understand.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 09:55 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
The ban hasn't happened yet, it's just talks and may not actually happen. So what we'll have is a bunch of alarmist going out and stockpiling the 223round while Freedom Group and such laugh and rack in a huge profit for the quarter.

But wait don't you want to defend yourself if you have to?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 09:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
But wait don't you want to defend yourself if you have to?

My fist are like granite, my elbows like pick-hammers, brah

But if I felt insecure, a handgun or even a shotgun for the home are a far more sensible alternate to an assault rifle

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 09:58 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Actually AR-15 are the most common sports rifle in America. Since you are not a gun owner or a hunter or sports enthusiast I could expect you to understand.

What do you mean by "sports" exactly?

Competitive shooting?

Because I can't believe an AR15 is a particularly great/necessary hunting rifle.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 10:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Please inform me what animal requires nothing less than an AR15 to take it down. Since you are a gun owner, hunter, and sports enthusiast, I am sure you can enlighten me.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 10:58 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by -Pr-
What do you mean by "sports" exactly?

Competitive shooting?

Because I can't believe an AR15 is a particularly great/necessary hunting rifle.

"Sports Rifle" sounds a lot less scary than "Assault Rifle", it's to help stop another Federal Assault Weapons Ban like we had in 1994.

Because when some wacko shoots up a school, the gun industry hates hearing words like 'assailant used a high powered assault rifle' on the news.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 11:49 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Whenever I think about these attempts to allow civilians to own assault rifles, I just think back to Sandy Hook and the case of the girl killing her instructor with an Uzi. Why endorse ownership of such dangerous weaponry? The only reason I can think of is that deep down some are paranoid the government will go Norsefire on them, and they want weapons to arm the rebellion.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 12:05 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
"Sports Rifle" sounds a lot less scary than "Assault Rifle", it's to help stop another Federal Assault Weapons Ban like we had in 1994.

Because when some wacko shoots up a school, the gun industry hates hearing words like 'assailant used a high powered assault rifle' on the news.

Oh... Well ****.

So it's a nicer name for assault rifle. Wow.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 12:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
Please inform me what animal requires nothing less than an AR15 to take it down. Since you are a gun owner, hunter, and sports enthusiast, I am sure you can enlighten me.

There are many competitors that like shooting for sport and for money. Many post military guys like myself get out and like to enter into those types of sports. We used M-4's in the military and an AR-15 is very similar to what we used while in service.

Also you can hunt with Ar-15's, you don't have to have a hunting rifle to
"hunt." You can hunt with many different things.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 02:17 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh... Well ****.

So it's a nicer name for assault rifle. Wow.

You seem to be exited. laughing

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 02:17 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You seem to be exited. laughing

More like somewhat disgusted.

Really don't get why you need that kind of weaponry as a civilian, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 02:21 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

There are many competitors that like shooting for sport and for money. Many post military guys like myself get out and like to enter into those types of sports. We used M-4's in the military and an AR-15 is very similar to what we used while in service.

Also you can hunt with Ar-15's, you don't have to have a hunting rifle to
"hunt." You can hunt with many different things.

Yeah, but most real hunters I know don't consider it sporting to use a gun with a 15, 20, or 30 round clip to hunt deer.

Just because you "can" use an assault rifle to hunt doesn't mean you should or that you need to. Also no one "needs" to use assault rifles in sport shooting. it's an entirely frivolous activity. As for home defense, I can't imagine any scenario where an assault rifle is better than a pump shotgun, unless you plan on getting into a gun battle from your porch with someone at the end of your street. So, basically there is no good argument for citizens having assault weapons but (in the words of Jim Jeffries) "**** off, i like guns"

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Last edited by Omega Vision on Mar 6th, 2015 at 03:59 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 03:56 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Yeah, but most real hunters I know don't consider it sporting to use a gun with a 15, 20, or 30 round clip to hunt deer.

Just because you "can" use an assault rifle to hunt doesn't mean you should or that you need to. Also no one "needs" to use assault rifles in sport shooting. it's an entirely frivolous activity. As for home defense, I can't imagine any scenario where an assault rifle is better than a pump shotgun, unless you plan on getting into a gun battle from your porch with someone at the end of your street. So, basically there is no good argument for citizens having assault weapons but (in the words of Jim Jeffries) "**** off, i like guns"

Exactly; that aussie bastard got it right on the money.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 04:16 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

b-but m-muh terrorists

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 04:18 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Omega Vision

I think Ted Nugent had a better quote directed at Obama. Time would like it.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 04:25 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote