KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » NYT does a complete reversal on Trump's losses

NYT does a complete reversal on Trump's losses
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

NYT does a complete reversal on Trump's losses

And called him the comeback kid and crowed him for his recovery in October of 1995.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/25/n...eback-king.html]New York Times

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 12:10 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very interesting.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 04:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

this would be a valid contradiction if the new york times had access to trump's 1995 tax return months before he even filed it.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Oct 4th, 2016 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 05:43 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
And called him the comeback kid and crowed him for his recovery in October of 1995.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/25/n...eback-king.html]New York Times

How is this relevant?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 05:54 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
this would be a valid contradiction if the new york times had access to trump's 1995 tax return months before he even filed it.

They knew he lost a billion dollars when they wrote it. Nice try.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 06:41 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the controversy is over the fact that he was not paying taxes. this was not known until days ago, when his 1995 tax return was released.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Oct 4th, 2016 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 07:02 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Its called Bankruptcy. You don't pay taxes when you are bankrupt in some cases.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 07:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

He guaranteed his loses, unlike Hillary who lost 1.5 billion a year of the tax payers money while SOS.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 07:42 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it's just pathetic there is a controversy over someone taking advantage of a legal thing. How sad, fight the system, not the people that use it. Because these same people complaining would not hesitate to not pay taxes if they could do it legally.

It's just silly. Is there nothing else about Trump people can go after, so they go after him doing something a lot of businessmen probably would do?

It's hilarious if people want to make this about morals, look at the shit about the Clinton foundation. Look at Hilary's lies.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 10:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Surtur
I think it's just pathetic there is a controversy over someone taking advantage of a legal thing. How sad, fight the system, not the people that use it. Because these same people complaining would not hesitate to not pay taxes if they could do it legally.

It's just silly. Is there nothing else about Trump people can go after, so they go after him doing something a lot of businessmen probably would do?

It's hilarious if people want to make this about morals, look at the shit about the Clinton foundation. Look at Hilary's lies.

The problem is that Trump has made it a point to mock people who don't pay income taxes, including poor people who don't pay because they literally don't have the money to. Doesn't this strike you as slightly hypocritical?

And you really need to STFU about the Clinton foundation. It's one of the most successful charitable organizations in history, yet here you are misinterpreting basic financial statements to suggest some grand conspiracy or something. Compare it with the Trump foundation, which just received a cease and desist order from NY's attorney general and literal was a laundering scheme - there's really no comparison. There's a reason why the Gates have noted Trump for "not being known for his philanthropy".

Last edited by The Ellimist on Oct 4th, 2016 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 11:50 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clinton foundation uses 5-6% of its income for humanitarian purposes.

The rest goes to money laundering for the Clintons.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 12:01 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
the controversy is over the fact that he was not paying taxes. this was not known until days ago, when his 1995 tax return was released.

Yeah, except nope, nope, and one more Nope. The controversy was also about his business prowess.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 12:01 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
The problem is that Trump has made it a point to mock people who don't pay income taxes, including poor people who don't pay because they literally don't have the money to. Doesn't this strike you as slightly hypocritical?

And you really need to STFU about the Clinton foundation. It's one of the most successful charitable organizations in history, yet here you are misinterpreting basic financial statements to suggest some grand conspiracy or something. Compare it with the Trump foundation, which just received a cease and desist order from NY's attorney general and literal was a laundering scheme - there's really no comparison. There's a reason why the Gates have noted Trump for "not being known for his philanthropy".

But the Clintons are *just* as hypocritical, so you need to shut the f*ck up about that as well, deal?

Nobody suggested a conspiracy lol. It's corruption. It's pay to play.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 5th, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 12:02 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Also lol @ the notion that the NYT is a homogeneous entity whose journalists all need to have uniform, unchanging opinions.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 12:02 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

But the Clintons are *just* as hypocritical, so you need to shut the f*ck up about that as well, deal?

You're welcome to elaborate.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 12:03 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
You're welcome to elaborate.

So just to be clear: you think there is zero hypocrisy, zero corruption, etc. with the Clintons?

I just want to be clear on the shit you believe. Are they squeaky clean, or not?

Since if you believe that, I don't think there is anything I could say or show you to change your mind, so I want to know if this is even worth bothering with. If you think there is nothing shady about them then I can't help you out.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 5th, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 12:05 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know what? It just doesn't matter, nothing matters. This is a lost cause. Who cares what the Clintons do? They will just keep on keeping on. No consequences, just more and more power.

They could sacrifice a baby on live TV and people would find a way to spin that.

I've given up. To quote Castiel from Supernatural: let's consume copious amounts of alcohol and wait for the inevitable blast wave.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 12:30 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

So just to be clear: you think there is zero hypocrisy, zero corruption, etc. with the Clintons?

I just want to be clear on the shit you believe. Are they squeaky clean, or not?

Since if you believe that, I don't think there is anything I could say or show you to change your mind, so I want to know if this is even worth bothering with. If you think there is nothing shady about them then I can't help you out.

I think that they're vastly less bad than Trump, and have far more good elements to counterbalance.

Seriously; they may do shady things every once in a while, but Trump basically pathologically lies and cheats on a daily basis, to a greater extent than any other public figure I've ever seen.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 12:37 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yay, the lesser of two motherf*cking evils!!! Our country is saved!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 12:51 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Oh please, in Real Life (tm) we do that all the time, from taking medication with side effects to putting your arms down when you fall to protect your head. It's just cost benefit analysis. Not that I think Clinton is an "evil".

Like, what do you think she'll even do that's sooooo awful?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2016 01:07 AM