KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Massive DNS attack

Massive DNS attack
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Massive DNS attack

Obama even addressed it for the brief few seconds I watched his address, he just have the generic "The Investigation is ongoing. The affected sites are Twitter, Paypal, Spotify, Netflix, and the Playstation network. How was your early morning messed up by these attacks?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...itter/92507806/

http://fusion.net/story/360952/whic...ed-ddos-attack/

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 07:31 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thankfully I don't use twitter, but I actually did notice something odd about my Netflix today, I just chalked it up to issues within netflix.

It was nothing major actually, it worked fine..it's just that normally if you are playing a program and you pause it and then you fast forward..there will be a window where as you fast forward the scenes will change. So for example, I usually fast forward through the theme songs and stuff of tv shows, and I use this as a guide to know when to stop fast forwarding and judge when the opening theme is over. But today I wasn't able to do that.

Like I said, not a big deal really.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 07:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

no twitter? how will i catch up on trump's 3am drunken rant posts? #liferuined

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 07:35 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
no twitter? how will i catch up on trump's 3am drunken rant posts? #liferuined

No worries bro, just check the front page of CNN and every other major news site each morning.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 08:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unstoppablepol

It's getting rather alarming that attacks like this are becoming easier and easier to leverage. Soon enough we're going to have anyone with a decent bit of money being able to rent out a service capable of this. It's the ****ing open DNS resolvers that need to be patched up. This is DNS reflection attack against DynDNS (ironically).

Another big problem with the rise in DDOS attacks and their bandwidth is that it pushes the internet towards centralization. I run some servers and I need to use Cloudflare / Akamai on them because we're simply not capable of fending off the malicious traffic. However, the growing push towards these big companies will mean that they will have a bigger and bigger grasp over the internet globally. Scary stuff.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 09:09 PM
unstoppablepol is currently offline Click here to Send unstoppablepol a Private Message Find more posts by unstoppablepol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Apparently, the attack was carried out by "Wikileaks supporters".

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/statu...src=twsrc%5Etfw

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:30 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Its2016
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whats going on? Tell me!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:52 AM
Its2016 is currently offline Click here to Send Its2016 a Private Message Find more posts by Its2016 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Large DDOS attack.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Its2016
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Large DDOS attack.
invade russia now!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:44 AM
Its2016 is currently offline Click here to Send Its2016 a Private Message Find more posts by Its2016 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote