KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting

Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting

[center]Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting[center]

He’s expected to reward the band of surrogates who stood by him.

President-elect Donald Trump does not have the traditional cadre of Washington insiders and donors to build out his Cabinet, but his transition team has spent the past several months quietly building a short list of industry titans and conservative activists who could comprise one of the more eclectic and controversial presidential Cabinets in modern history.

Trumpworld has started with a mandate to hire from the private sector whenever possible. That’s why the Trump campaign is seriously considering Forrest Lucas, the 74-year-old co-founder of oil products company Lucas Oil, as a top contender for Interior secretary, or donor and Goldman Sachs veteran Steven Mnuchin as Treasury secretary.

He’s also expected to reward the band of surrogates who stood by him during the bruising presidential campaign, including Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani and Chris Christie, all of whom are being considered for top posts. A handful of Republican politicians may also make the cut, including Sen. Bob Corker for secretary of state or Sen. Jeff Sessions for secretary of defense
. -snip

Full Story:http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-cabinet-231071

Goldman Sachs, billionaires and career politicians doesn't really ring "Anti-Establishment". Thoughts?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 11:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I thought one of the points of Trump being "anti-establishment" was that when he took office he would fill the cabinet and positions with people that understood said roles. Then Trump would create his plans and have his court jesters bring them to fruition.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 11:57 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He did say "the best people", but I don't see how bringing in multiple establishment people being anti-establishment. Yeah?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 12:15 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Right now that's just a speculative article though on the posibilities of his cabinet posts.

So yes if he filled his cabinet with lets just throw out a number of greater then 50% establishment folks then sure he's the anti-establishment riding the ironic coat tails of the establishment folks.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 12:38 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing's been announced so it's all speculation at this point.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 12:39 AM
Ziggystardust is currently offline Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Well yes, the article doesn't say these are fact, just bringing it for speculation discussing proposes. But it can wait until we have official listings.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 12:48 AM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not a bad list of people tbh.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 12:58 AM
Ziggystardust is currently offline Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

But not very 'anti-establishment', which is seemingly a major reason his supporters were attracted to him, no?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 01:00 AM
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Nothing's been announced so it's all speculation at this point.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 01:07 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whenever I see people talk about the presidential cabinet it makes me think about people going inside people sized cabinets. Then it makes me think of cupboards and then I think of the movie "Indian In the Cupboard".

I apologize for this off topic post.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 02:02 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

People speculating his cabinet-to-be like they were in the election polls.

Let the man do his job. Stop being paranoid.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 07:02 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Looks like Timmy might owe Glen Beck an apology.

*ducks behind a concrete wall*

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 07:11 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

tap the swamp!

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 02:34 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Enter Robtard. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 03:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

...but it's not just speculation anymore. the swamp will not be drained.
first broken promise of many to come, i'm sure.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/polit...wamp/index.html

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 04:39 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Watching a clip from the Omarosa interview is legitimately terrifying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDD9WCxYQI (13:45)

All Hail!

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 08:17 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
...but it's not just speculation anymore. the swamp will not be drained.
first broken promise of many to come, i'm sure.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/polit...wamp/index.html

This is why I told liberals to try to look on the bright side of things. This is a chance to change things..or to not change them. Every broken promise will be something they can point to. It will also go a long way to making sure Trump doesn't get a 2nd term.

So notice I'm not trying to make any excuses for this? It's because I legitimately am not Pro Trump.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Watching a clip from the Omarosa interview is legitimately terrifying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDD9WCxYQI (13:45)

All Hail!

Omarosa has always been pretty terrifying though.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 08:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

just fyi, your compulsive diversionary tactics are pathetic and infantile.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 08:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

The article is from Politico.com and they're seemingly sourcing info from Trump's own campaign.

You seem to be one of those people who will say "good job" regardless of what Trump does, be it keep or break his campaign promises to his supporters. Odd.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 09:06 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Robtard

You seem to be one of those people who will say "good job" regardless of what Trump does, be it keep or break his campaign promises to his supporters. Odd.

false. you have to first acknowledge something before choosing to condone or condemn it.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 09:12 PM