KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » New Guy In Town

New Guy In Town
Started by: ChewieWookieNavigator

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChewieWookieNavigator

New Guy In Town

Hey there everyone, I am new to the forum, but definitely not to Star Wars. It's hard trying to find a decent forum where people stay in touch and everything, so I will be staying here. Just to get a little well-known about me, the name's Chris and I live in Broomfield, Colorado. I am 16 years old, but alas I am a senior in high school. Yes, before you ask, I am THAT smart. (Not really I was only smart in elementary, now I seem to have the normal brain). I know more about Star Wars than most people, if any of you remember www.swtrivia.one-on-one.com, sadly its no more sad I was a 4 month reigning champ, and it had about 850 members. Anywhoo, without further ado, I would like to get to know a little about this forum, such as:

a)I have been browsing through all the topics, and I noticed a couple moderators (Raz and UnknownBountyHunter) don't post that much, are they busy right now? or just sort of like "Guardian Angels".

b)Who is the one making the tight-ass designs? Because I know they are not from big websites.

c)Should go along with b, but who made that picture at the top of the screen? With all the people that is? They don't look like actual cast members, are those people you guys?

d)Not a question, but a compliment. Radical website dudes!!!

To conclude, since I live in Colorado, I am the biggest ski & surf bum you'll ever meet.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 11:21 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hi there, Chews and welcome. Come down to the Tavern, free drinks for all newcomers.
To answer you questions:

a. Raz is like a guardian angel, supreme being and benevolent ruler and owner of the site. UBH has most unfortantely not been sighted since he departed for a holiday in Spain many many weeks ago.

b. Tight-ass designs are made by our ravishing female designer DIM. She's off on a holiday now, but she'll be back by the end of the week. She did the designs on top and most of our sigs.

c. Yep, that's us. I'll post the list one more time. From left to right: Gundark, Xizor (green guy), Darth Daft (with chicken), EvilJedi (he left in anger though, that led to the Dark Side), RatCat (the house midget on the speeder bike), the ravishing Dim, yours truly (with the eyepatch) and finally the still missing UnknownBountyHunter.
If you plan to stay, send a pic to Dim and she'll get you up there.

d. Thank the Maker: Raz.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 01:57 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Greetings from Norway and welcome CWN.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 02:42 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

ChewieWookieNavigator, now that's a mouthful. I see queeq has already christened you Chews, although I'm thinking CWN. If you don't like your forum name shortened you'll have to tell us cause we're in the habit of nicknames here. I'm usually reduced to Gundy or even Gun. Glad you came here with your massive knowledge of SW !! Always great to have another opinions and new ideas here ! As queeq told you, the great and powerful Raz is the webmaster here, and it looks like he explained the JC and our banner pic already. Welcome, and glad to hear you're staying ! smile

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 05:15 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The more the merrier, because it'll be more chaotic. Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. evil face

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 06:00 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Welcome ChewieWookieNavigator, hope you stick around.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 06:08 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You have drawn HIM out, Chews. You must be the Chosen One. (If Ushgarak isn't. laughing out loud )

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 06:26 PM
finti

Are you related to Ben Gun, Gundy?laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 07:43 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Who is Ben Gun ?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2001 11:07 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

"Ben" is Hebrew for "Son of". So the question is: Are you a Son of a Gun? laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 12:23 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

OOOOOOOH, queeq, that's cold.

Welcome, Chews, to our nightmare on queeq street.

cold blue milk smoothes down at the tavern, everyone, courtesy of Raz, right, Raz?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 01:04 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Welcome, buddy. Just please God tell me that I'm not going to have to explain my position on EU to ANOTHER person...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 01:23 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Son of a Gun....no, I wasn't the last time I checked, finti...laughing out loud Now what happened to the Wook ?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 02:00 AM
ChewieWookieNavigator

Wow! 12 posts since I was here last on this one topic alone. I'll keep up! smile You guys are fairly old (judging from your pics). Anywhoo, I like what DIM has done with them. BTW, queeq, christening me Chews if fine. (Sorry Gundie, I didn't favor CWN that much).

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 02:08 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Chews it is, man ! smile

Glad you came back, although I didn't know we looked so OLD on the pic. Hmmmm....I'll have to talk to Dim about face lifts. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 02:12 AM
finti

Ben Gun is the stranded guy in Robert Louis Stevenson`s Treasure Island.
15 men on a dead mans chest
Yo oh ho a bottle of rum
drink for the devil and forgett the rest
yo oh ho a bottle of rum

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 02:42 AM
queeq
Chaos

So Chews, how are you enjoying this little set up the great and powerful Raz has provided for us?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 03:12 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

come back here and join us, Chews, we won't hurt you, and we aren't all THAT old yet. We're all younger than Yoda. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 04:37 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well... most of us are. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 01:19 PM
finti

I know someone who graduated high school with Yoda.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2001 02:30 PM