KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » ESPN pulls announcer from calling U. of Virginia game because his name is Robert Lee

ESPN pulls announcer from calling U. of Virginia game because his name is Robert Lee
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

ESPN pulls announcer from calling U. of Virginia game because his name is Robert Lee

Not a joke and this needed its own thread lol.

We knew ESPN was liberal, but you won’t believe what they’ve done now

"ESPN has pulled an Asian-American announcer from calling a University of Virginia football game because his name is Robert Lee. This is not a joke."

Man we have this habit of screwing over Asian people in order to combat racism.

In case anyone is saying "No, this can't be true", alas...a statement directly from ESPN, that is as perplexing as ever:

“We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue.”

Notice the last sentence, even though they are the only people who made this an issue lol.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 08:01 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Is ESPN known for being liberal? What else have they done that makes you think they're liberal?

Obviously this is a ridiculous thing they're doing.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 08:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Sadly, ESPN is dipping it's toes in politics. It's been for awhile. Sensationalism, controversy, that stuff gives them a new market. It's what it is. Kinda wish Chris Berman was back.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 10:09 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Is ESPN known for being liberal? What else have they done that makes you think they're liberal?

Don't know, that title isn't made up by me, I copied and pasted it from the article.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 12:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/...as.html?mcubz=3

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-s...hd1eiwiqm9vmahl

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...ias-good-thing/

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:26 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember a study was done that showed their politics totally didn't have any negative impact on ESPN.

The study was done by ESPN, lol.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:29 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I can't believe this isn't a joke.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

With the way this country is these days the guys over at The Onion are probably worried they will be out of a job soon.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:34 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh and I guess I will just say it. I guess Robert Lee probably now has a....

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

chink in his armor.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:51 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds like a story out of the book "When dumb meets stupid."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:55 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is the best news story of the year. See what letting liberals and cuck republicans rule the country for decades has done?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 02:50 AM
chingchangwalla is currently offline Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 08:42 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

*Sight*

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 09:04 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just love how they were all "it sucks this had to become an issue" after nobody but them made it one. Even its own employees are making fun of it. There is an emmy winning sports anchor named "Bob Ley" at ESPN lol. He tweets:

"Rather worried my employee ID/pass may not admit me in the AM. Life, as scripted by @OnionSports."

Owned.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:51 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

It's how stupid symbolism has gotten. Now if anything even remotely resembles any ties to anything ever done to a human in a negative way ever, it must be removed. lol

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 01:30 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote