KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Abortion Activists aided by PBS use Harvey raise money to kill more babies

Abortion Activists aided by PBS use Harvey raise money to kill more babies
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Abortion Activists aided by PBS use Harvey raise money to kill more babies

(please log in to view the image)

A quick URL image address each reveals this pic is hosted by of all places PBS.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIqE2tAXgAAgY3k.png

NARAL

Creates Slush Fund and asks for Donations

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:28 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Kind of a weird partnership, but if it helps women get terminations that they couldn't otherwise have access to, I'm not sure I see the issue.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Liberals: Using the misfortunes of others to raise money for the termination of human life, sounds great if you ask methumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:30 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Kind of a weird partnership, but if it helps women get terminations that they couldn't otherwise have access to, I'm not sure I see the issue.

With everything going on I am not sure why abortions are a priority. Why is it they want to kill more people? Haven't enough died?

I understand things like food, water, and medicine, but I can't understand why surviving a natural disaster means people should also be giving you money so you can get an abortion. I can't see why they are more worthy of that than any other woman in the country who wants one but can't afford it.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sable
Liberals: Using the misfortunes of others to raise money for the termination of human life, sounds great if you ask methumb up

Originally posted by Surtur
With everything going on I am not sure why abortions are a priority. Why is it they want to kill more people? Haven't enough died?

I understand things like food, water, and medicine, but I can't understand why surviving a natural disaster means people should also be giving you money so you can get an abortion. I can't see why they are more worthy of that than any other woman in the country who wants one but can't afford it.

Well, obviously a large part of it is the difference of opinion in whether what gets aborted is a baby or person or whatever. I don't think it should be a priority though, no.

Do they not have medical plans for women to seek abortions at planned parenthood if they can't afford it?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, obviously a large part of it is the difference of opinion in whether what gets aborted is a baby or person or whatever. I don't think it should be a priority though, no.

Ah, but remember: if I go up and punch a pregnant woman in the stomach until she miscarries...I can be charged with murder lol. And nope, it's not something that could only be done to me if a woman is very far along in her pregnancy. Wacky, ain't it?

quote:
Do they not have medical plans for women to seek abortions at planned parenthood if they can't afford it?

I sure as hell hope tax payer dollars do not go towards abortions. People on this board have assured me they do not.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

A liberal democrat judge would prolly convinct you of murder, just to maintain their running double standard in check.

Last edited by Sable on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:53 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ah, but remember: if I go up and punch a pregnant woman in the stomach until she miscarries...I can be charged with murder lol. And nope, it's not something that could only be done to me if a woman is very far along in her pregnancy. Wacky, ain't it?

I sure as hell hope tax payer dollars do not go towards abortions. People on this board have assured me they do not.

Not quite sure that's really the same thing, but even if it was, that would just illustrate that you have some weird laws. Not much else.

Planned Parenthood occasionally does them, or does it not?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not quite sure that's really the same thing, but even if it was, that would just illustrate that you have some weird laws. Not much else.

Eh? Either it's a person or it is not lol. If it's not a person it cannot be murdered.

quote:
Planned Parenthood occasionally does them, or does it not?

I was under the impression you can pay for an abortion there, but not that they provide them for free. That would be insane if they truly thought tax payer dollars should be spent on abortions.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 10:57 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Eh? Either it's a person or it is not lol. If it's not a person it cannot be murdered.

I was under the impression you can pay for an abortion there, but not that they provide them for free. That would be insane if they truly thought tax payer dollars should be spent on abortions.

Is it not more the case that some states treat the foetus as a person, while some don't? And I still think you're overly simplifying a more complex issue. The fact that you're attacking the woman adds a whole new dimension to it that wasn't there before.

I have nothing against tax money being used for that, but if you do, fair enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 11:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is it not more the case that some states treat the foetus as a person, while some don't? And I still think you're overly simplifying a more complex issue. The fact that you're attacking the woman adds a whole new dimension to it that wasn't there before.

I know, and all I'm saying is the states that treat the fetus as a person are hypocritical to allow abortion in any situation other than when the mothers life is in danger or if we know the child would be born with major health problems. If we consider it a person...why does who takes the life matter? It gets to the point where you'd have to say momma has killing dibs. But how could that be, if it's a person?

But it is a tricky situation, isn't it? It's why it is interesting to ask such a question to people who are pro choice. It can tell you a lot about them imo.

quote:
I have nothing against tax money being used for that, but if you do, fair enough.

Would you have any issues with tax money being used to get me a vasectomy?

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 11:12 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I know, and all I'm saying is the states that treat the fetus as a person are hypocritical to allow abortion in any situation other than when the mothers life is in danger or if we know the child would be born with major health problems. If we consider it a person...why does who takes the life matter? It gets to the point where you'd have to say momma has killing dibs. But how could that be, if it's a person?

But it is a tricky situation, isn't it? It's why it is interesting to ask such a question to people who are pro choice. It can tell you a lot about them imo.

Would you have any issues with tax money being used to get me a vasectomy?

Well would it not be better then, if states all got together and decided to all cooperate and find one definitive ruling to eliminate confusing situations like this?

Does it? What do you end up thinking about those people?

If I considered a vasectomy to be equivalent to an abortion, I might. But I don't.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 11:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well would it not be better then, if states all got together and decided to all cooperate and find one definitive ruling to eliminate confusing situations like this?

Indeed it would. I don't care either way really I just want consistency. If it's a person then it is a person. If it's not a person then okay, it's not.

quote:
Does it? What do you end up thinking about those people?

It depends on how they answer. If they stick to their guns and feel that killing a fetus is not murder...that is to be respected. If they feel they can pick or choose when something is or is not a person? That is quite arrogant and disturbing.

quote:
If I considered a vasectomy to be equivalent to an abortion, I might. But I don't.

Why should tax payers foot the bill for an abortion, but not preventative procedures?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 11:38 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Indeed it would. I don't care either way really I just want consistency. If it's a person then it is a person. If it's not a person then okay, it's not.

It depends on how they answer. If they stick to their guns and feel that killing a fetus is not murder...that is to be respected. If they feel they can pick or choose when something is or is not a person? That is quite arrogant and disturbing.

Why should tax payers foot the bill for an abortion, but not preventative procedures?

Agreed. Consistency would be a good thing.

I agree with that too.

I meant that I would have a strong opinion on it if I believed them equal. But I don't believe them equal, so I honestly dunno. I hadn't thought about it until you asked me.

Honestly though, I feel like we're straying away from the actual topic in to the topic of abortion itself, and there's already a thread for that.

As I said, I think it's a weird pairing, but I'm not opposed to women who want/need terminations to have them paid for by donation, as long as it doesn't divert money away from actual relief efforts.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 11:46 PM
darthgoober

I'm against taxpayer supported abortions. I myself am pro choice but forcing those who aren't to pay for a procedure that they consider to be immoral against their will is the equivalent of strong armed robbery.

As for the add itself... it's extremely distasteful but hey people are allowed to do distasteful things. I might sneer at those who are making the plea, but I wouldn't support any effort to shut down what they're doing.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 12:15 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Legality doesnt mean immorality should be tolerated by a civilized society.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 12:28 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Saying that PBS aided this is extremely misleading. The pbs.twimg addresses have to do with twitter themselves. Literally, every single picture that gets posted on twitter gets a pbs.twimg address. These are hosted by twitter, not pbs.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 12:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fair enough. Doesn't make what NARAL is right. It's disgusting but I'm sure you will disagree on that as well.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 12:33 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I don't really care. If people want to donate to that that's their choice. Not my concern.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 12:39 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 12:41 AM