KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » FOX News: The Only Bi Partisan and Diverse Network

FOX News: The Only Bi Partisan and Diverse Network
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

FOX News: The Only Bi Partisan and Diverse Network

It's really saying something when Fox News has become the most racially diverse, bi partisan network.

What brings me to this opinion which is actually fact.

Simple. Their news coverage, hosts, and contributors.

Starting off in the Morning with

Fox and Friends: the report on the good and the bad and question moves, but don't make every word cynically motivated.

Outnumbered: The host is a female black woman. A show full of women, always one or two at least democrats.

Fox News Specialists: One Black Woman Ebony Williams a democrat, and Katherine Timpf and independent.

Prime Time, The Story with Martha MacCallum, obviously a left leaning host.

Prime Time, The Five: Two females, Dana Perino, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Juan Williams a democrat who also would sit in for Oreilly when he was around.

Contributors: they don't stack 5 vs 1 the way CNN does. It's one on one. Fair and balanced.

Compare this to CNN

One Black Host on in the 10pm slot, Don Lemon. One female host during Prime Time Erin Burnett.

During the prime time its 6-7 plus the host vs one conservative.

93% of CNN coverage of Trump is negative, Fox is 52% Negative, 48% Positive.
These are real numbers.

So my question to liberals and democrats, why would you watch MSNBC or CNN unless all you wanted to watch was negative bad bias press when the diversity and balance is actually on Fox.

Last edited by Sable on Sep 14th, 2017 at 02:31 PM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 02:28 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

Don Lemon laughing


__________________

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 02:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

I had to list him. Even if he is a complete joke.


__________________
Book of the Year: What Happened. Runner up; Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton

Old Post Sep 14th, 2017 02:53 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killjoy12
Member

Gender:
Location:

""So my question to liberals and democrats, why would you watch MSNBC or CNN""

Why would ANYONE watch those two so called news shows. There is good reason people call MSNBC the MSDNC network. And when Hillary was running people called CNN the Clinton News Network. Now that Hillary is out of the picture people just call CNN the Clown News Network.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 02:31 AM
Killjoy12 is currently offline Click here to Send Killjoy12 a Private Message Find more posts by Killjoy12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

Well if you look at the ratings for both of those channels....


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 03:15 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Divided States

OP: What in the actual f#ck.

"Fair and Balanced," eh?

Hint: if they were really "fair and balanced" they wouldn't need to tell you constantly.


__________________

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 01:13 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Member

Gender:
Location: UK

Fox is shit.

Infowars is the best source for news.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 09:36 AM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

Unless if changed dramatically over the past couple years... FOX news and TYT are two sides of the same sh1tty coin. Biased agenda driven unwatchable crap. Same goes for CNN and the rest of the so called "news".


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 11:36 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Fox v. MSNBC and its ilk is a false dichotomy. Occasionally, every network will have some balance, if only by accident, but it's clear what the agendas of both are. It's dumb on either side.

There are better news sources out there, is my point. Or if you can't find them on a particular topic, read a handful of articles on sites with competing agendas so you're at least getting multiple takes.

I'm shocked at how many people in my generation still have cable, though, so this is a weird topic for me anyway, one that I suspect won't have nearly the same cultural relevance in 10-20 years.


__________________

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:20 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Unless if changed dramatically over the past couple years... FOX news and TYT are two sides of the same sh1tty coin. Biased agenda driven unwatchable crap. Same goes for CNN and the rest of the so called "news".


I did love seeing TYT meltdown on election day. Ana Kasparian is especially entertaining. Cenk is hilarious as well, they all consider themselves open minded intellectuals.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:24 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Bacta Tank.

Sadly, I am going to have to agree with Sable. Out of the 4 major news networks, Fox News is definitely the most fair and balanced. That's facepalm-material.

Almost all news outlets have descended into stupidity where they criticize Trump for not doing things that no other president has ever done in history. "How dare trump not acknowledge this death in this city at this particular time!" Just retarded.


__________________

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:30 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Sadly, I am going to have to agree with Sable. Out of the 4 major news networks, Fox News is definitely the most fair and balanced. That's facepalm-material.

Almost all news outlets have descended into stupidity where they criticize Trump for not doing things that no other president has ever done in history. "How dare trump not acknowledge this death in this city at this particular time!" Just retarded.


That is the funny thing. Especially with Trump, Fox came the closest to being balanced, and yet even their negative to positive story ratio was 52/48 lol. So even Fox still ran more negative than positive stuff about him.

No other media outlet came close. That is disturbing.

I also do have to chuckle though that the website people here try to use to determine how reliable a site is has CNN and Breitbart as having the same factual reporting rating. Remember that next time you see someone "lol Breitbart" a link from them.

The right wing blog I have linked to and been insulted over using(Powerline) has a higher factual reporting rating than CNN lol.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:32 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
That is the funny thing. Especially with Trump, Fox came the closest to being balanced, and yet even their negative to positive story ratio was 52/48 lol. So even Fox still ran more negative than positive stuff about him.

No other media outlet came close. That is disturbing.

I also do have to chuckle though that the website people here try to use to determine how reliable a site is has CNN and Breitbart as having the same factual reporting rating. Remember that next time you see someone "lol Breitbart" a link from them.

The right wing blog I have linked to and been insulted over using(Powerline) has a higher factual reporting rating than CNN lol.


In fairness, I think "lol Breitbart" is a valid response. Your point really only holds weight if the person in question is holding it up to CNN specifically.

I also think comparing the positive/negative ratio is a bit of a false dichotomy in news articles. You can be factual without really taking a side, and those are often the easiest stories to digest. So like, Trump has terrible approval ratings right now, but you can report on them factually - even discussing the causes of the low ratings - without being inherently negative. They are what they are. The positive/negative comes with the interpretation and opinions, which is usually where you start to see the agenda come out.


__________________

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:57 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
OP: What in the actual f#ck.

"Fair and Balanced," eh?

Hint: if they were really "fair and balanced" they wouldn't need to tell you constantly.


They actually dropped the phrase "fair and balanced" a long time ago. Just another example of you not knowing shit about anything. Stick to the Movie forum leechthumb up


__________________
Book of the Year: What Happened. Runner up; Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:35 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
In fairness, I think "lol Breitbart" is a valid response. Your point really only holds weight if the person in question is holding it up to CNN specifically.

I also think comparing the positive/negative ratio is a bit of a false dichotomy in news articles. You can be factual without really taking a side, and those are often the easiest stories to digest. So like, Trump has terrible approval ratings right now, but you can report on them factually - even discussing the causes of the low ratings - without being inherently negative. They are what they are. The positive/negative comes with the interpretation and opinions, which is usually where you start to see the agenda come out.


If the same people had done a "lol CNN' when people have posted CNN articles you'd have a point.

Spoiler alert: they don't.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:31 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
If the same people had done a "lol CNN' when people have posted CNN articles you'd have a point.

Spoiler alert: they don't.


Sure, agreed, but that's not my point. The bias of some sources to one side doesn't excuse bias of other sites in a different direction. F*** 'em both.

Or, perhaps more fairly, consider each article on its merits or lack thereof, because even horribly agenda-laden sites on either side will have good, informative articles every now and then. But that's harder than finding a more consistently reliable news source. So, "lol, media wars and sh*tty sites" is maybe my most honest response.


__________________

Last edited by Digi on Sep 21st, 2017 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

Hannity tops mad cow maddow in head to head.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...k-debut-1043157


__________________
Book of the Year: What Happened. Runner up; Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 01:58 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

Hannity Dominates Mad Cow Maddow in head to head.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-ratings-243307


__________________
Book of the Year: What Happened. Runner up; Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 08:44 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

another female host gets her own show

CNN: One female Anchor
Fox News: Seven Female Anchors


__________________
Book of the Year: What Happened. Runner up; Shattered: Inside the Doomed Campaign of Hillary Clinton

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:10 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
Hannity Dominates Mad Cow Maddow in head to head.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-ratings-243307


I'm torn. I want Hannity to succeed, but the Munsters was such a good show and I wanna see a grown up Eddy Munster succeed.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 12:14 AM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 10:23 PM.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » FOX News: The Only Bi Partisan and Diverse Network

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.