KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi

Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

Democrat/Republican...Sith or Jedi

What party more closely represents the Sith or Jedi...from all eras.
Let's flesh this out.

I see a lot of similarities between the Khan era Sith and modern day Dems.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 02:43 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I wish I knew more about Star Wars.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 02:43 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520

Catching up on some books on Audible.

Khan era siths were all about "equality"(no dark lords were technically above the others) and submitting to passion(generally a Dark Side trait)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 02:46 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Equality is a good thing though. So I guess they are just misunderstood?

Are the books canon?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 02:50 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Equality is a good thing though. So I guess they are just misunderstood?

Are the books canon?

I believe most of the books are cannon.

there is no such thing as pure equality. there is equality of opportunity...which is fair. there is equality of outcome...which requires the handicap of a person with superior abilities.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 03:05 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Hmmm...I will have to get around to reading them

I meant equality in the sense of basic rights and treatment. Physical/mental capabilities are obviously varied

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 03:07 AM
Raisen

Hmmm...I will have to get around to reading them

I meant equality in the sense of basic rights and treatment. Physical/mental capabilities are obviously varied

that falls under equality of opportunity. these days equality of outcome and equality of opportunity are conflated and confused.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 03:16 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

right, and I'm down with equality of opportunity

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 03:18 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Jedi: Republicans are like kotor jedi, Democrats are like ROTE Jedi

Sith: Democrats are like the sith of Bane's era, Republicans are like the Banite Sith

Also: Sith are evil, not misunderstood.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Oct 21st, 2017 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 03:23 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Jedi: Republicans are like kotor jedi, Democrats are like ROTE Jedi

Sith: Democrats are like the sith of Bane's era, Republicans are like the Banite Sith

Also: Sith are evil, not misunderstood.

interesting. how so?

what do you think about my earlier assessment?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 03:26 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Raisen

there is no such thing as pure equality. there is equality of opportunity...which is fair. there is equality of outcome...which requires the handicap of a person with superior abilities.

There's also legal egaliterianism, which is equality of rights: everyone, no matter the gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, wealth, social status or race has the same rights, privileges and consequences.

And I think that's a good thing.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 08:58 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by MythLord
There's also legal egaliterianism, which is equality of rights: everyone, no matter the gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, wealth, social status or race has the same rights, privileges and consequences.

And I think that's a good thing.

we already have that for the most part

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 02:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You should play the games. There are some bad ones, but the KOTOR games are excellent, especially if you get them on PC and can use mods. As well as the jedi outcast series. Especially because Kyle Katarn has the best death cry in any video game:

I thought with the new movies everything else was essentially thrown out and it's the movies that are the main canon? The Star Wars EU canon has always been complex.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Surtur
You should play the games. There are some bad ones, but the KOTOR games are excellent, especially if you get them on PC and can use mods. As well as the jedi outcast series.

I thought with the new movies everything else was essentially thrown out and it's the movies that are the main canon? The Star Wars EU canon has always been complex.

i'm really not sure.

the characters are a lot more powerful in the books

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'm really not sure.

the characters are a lot more powerful in the books

Yeah, and in the games too. You see even minor sith can hurl force lightning like it's nothing, and you have the sith academy. There were way more sith in the past. But because they hilariously end up just murdering each other it balances out how ineffective the jedi are.

But see my edit in the other video. That Kyle Katarn video. That man never dies instantly.

Revan though is one of my favorite characters.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, and in the games too. You see even minor sith can hurl force lightning like it's nothing, and you have the sith academy. There were way more sith in the past. But because they hilariously end up just murdering each other it balances out how ineffective the jedi are.

But see my edit in the other video. That Kyle Katarn video. That man never dies instantly.

Revan though is one of my favorite characters.

Revan is cool. Darth Bane has an interesting story

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:57 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yes Darth Bane is awesome. I probably know more about him than anyone on the planet not named Drew Karpyshyn tbh

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:58 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yes Darth Bane is awesome. I probably know more about him than anyone on the planet not named Drew Karpyshyn tbh

i'm listening to the Rule of Two audio book now

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah Bane is cool too. Years ago I read a variety of different comics and books, but they all jumble together lol. I remember one story where the sith used a psychic attack called a "thought bomb", that was pretty cool. Another story that sticks out is a sith that had his head removed but could still talk and stuff. Another story had Darth Bane surviving being poisoned.

Anyways, who would you consider the most powerful force user overall? Vitiate is pretty powerful.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:59 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Vitiate isn't even close to being the most powerful Force User ever. The Ones / Abeloth shit on him.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:03 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote