KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » An informal survey

An informal survey
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

An informal survey

Who here doesn't work in a job that has at least one of the following:

1. You're overworked/high pressure job. (Extreme example is Vince McMahon telling his employee he can choose between seeing his son born or keeping his job. For most, it just means missing holidays/working way too many hours/having no job security ect..)

2. You're underpaid.

3. Toxic work environment (Arsehole bosses, chatty co-workers, demanding customers. Or even a board of investors/school board/some group of people you hate to work with, but must. And they earn being hated.)

4. Not enough hours/bad medical/no medical.

Basically, looking for anyone who works something remotely good without the rose colored glasses (I know a realter who works his ass off and insists it's the best job ever. He's in denial.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 11:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Re: An informal survey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Who here doesn't work in a job that has at least one of the following:

1. You're overworked/high pressure job. (Extreme example is Vince McMahon telling his employee he can choose between seeing his son born or keeping his job. For most, it just means missing holidays/working way too many hours/having no job security ect..)

2. You're underpaid.

3. Toxic work environment (Arsehole bosses, chatty co-workers, demanding customers. Or even a board of investors/school board/some group of people you hate to work with, but must. And they earn being hated.)

4. Not enough hours/bad medical/no medical.

Basically, looking for anyone who works something remotely good without the rose colored glasses (I know a realter who works his ass off and insists it's the best job ever. He's in denial.)

my main job is only #3

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 01:25 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a college student currently so all 4 apply. I'm trying to become a dentist so hopefully none will apply (except maybe HIV exposure smile ) .

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 01:50 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Only 3 applies. I forecast weather and Pilots hate to be told the weather won't let them fly.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 01:52 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

there's going to be a lot of #3.

people are weak shiits is why

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 01:54 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I can deal with it, i's just annoying. Shitty bosses and co-workers don't really bother me though.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 01:55 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

2 and 3 apply for sure.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 01:58 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I can't complain on point #2. I make good enough money and it's really the medical coverage that make it very valuable to me.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 02:08 AM
dadudemon

I have 1 and 2.

However, I took this job over another that paid much better with a 25% annual bonus. It's because I love what I do, I have great coworkers, and I have absurd amounts of power.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 02:45 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ What do you do?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 02:53 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by socool8520
^ What do you do?

Head of the PMO! big grin

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 03:03 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

1 Is not something I've ever really experienced. Whether that's me being able to handle a lot of pressure or just being lucky, I dunno.

2 I've experienced, but not to any severe lengths.

3 I've worked retail before, so yes.

4 In Canada, all the bloody time. It's like a 40 hour work week is alien to retail companies over there.

The job I'm trying to get now, 2 and 4 really shouldn't be an issue. 1 is possible, but I know my rights and how to use them properly. 3... Who knows.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:00 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

None of these apply to me. Then again, I’m not sure what I do can even be called a job.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:04 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Re: Re: An informal survey

Originally posted by Raisen
my main job is only #3

Same, but that's true of just about anywhere.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:44 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by dadudemon
Head of the PMO! big grin

Good on you for getting to do something you are interested. If I could ever find something I'm truly interested in, I'd probably take a pay cut as well.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:47 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

What do you do AG?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 04:47 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
None of these apply to me. Then again, I’m not sure what I do can even be called a job.
Professional Hitman?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 05:15 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ I'm sure you're employers aren't the most swell guys nor very forgiving of a mistake lol.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 05:22 AM
riv6672

1, 2, and 3 used to apply to me before i retired.
2 is me mostly bitching though, i was never short of money, its just the insane hours (10-12 hour days), no overtime, deployments (for which we got tax free combat pay)/24 hour duties (1-2 times a month), made it seem like me and my ppl should have been making a hell of a lot more.
Benefits were/are just fine.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 05:39 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by socool8520
What do you do AG?

I’m a landlord, basically. #3 can potentially be a problem, but it’s all good at the moment.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 05:42 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote