KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Systematic Issues

Systematic Issues
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Systematic Issues

This is to shed a light on the uncovered systematic issues we ignore like our criminal justice system, largely segregated school system, environmental discrimination, voter suppression, gentrification, ect.

My thoughts here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=13

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=14

Discuss

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:20 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What specific issues come to mind for criminal justice? And what sort of acts do you consider voter suppression?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I mean I'll agree with him on criminal justice to an extent, at least in the sense of the fact that our prison environments are pretty cruel and inhumane, and that private prisons are terrible given the private prison lobby they generate.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:33 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
What specific issues come to mind for criminal justice?

-> putting people in jail for acts that don't violate other people's rights

-> people committing minor crimes having it put in their permanent record making it near impossible to get a jon

-> not allowing ex-convicts to vote

-> for profit privately owned prisons

-> utilizing prisoners for unpaid labor, aka, slavery

-> focusing on punishment rather than rehabilitation
And what sort of acts do you consider voter suppression?

-> adding requirements that lower voter turnout despite there being no evidence of widespread voter fraud

-> removing the number of places people can vote in crowded cities making it more difficult to vote

-> curtailing early voting

-> rezoning so that poor neiborhoods are given a disproportionately small amount of representation in local governments

Also, doesn't really count as voter suppression, but us not making election day a national holiday is the pinnacle of stupidity.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:37 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean I'll agree with him on criminal justice to an extent, at least in the sense of the fact that our prison environments are pretty cruel and inhumane, and that private prisons are terrible given the private prison lobby they generate.

You seem to have issues with school intergration.

Should we continue the discussion we had on gh or nah?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:40 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are other issues too, especially just overall with our justice system. Far too often we see wealth can be a factor when it comes to getting away with things. That happens both in shady and non shady ways. The non shady way is just the fact that someone who can't afford a good lawyer is at a huge disadvantage. There are also disparities in sentencing. Men are far more likely to receive a harsher sentence than a woman for the same crime. Even when it comes to just being charged for a crime...women who are arrested are less likely to be charged compared to men.

Also I feel that there are crimes that warrant a minimum sentence and yet either do not have one or do not have an adequate one. IMO rape should get you a minimum of 10 years.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
-> adding requirements that lower voter turnout despite there being no evidence of widespread voter fraud

-> removing the number of places people can vote in crowded cities making it more difficult to vote

-> curtailing early voting

-> rezoning so that poor neiborhoods are given a disproportionately small amount of representation in local governments

Also, doesn't really count as voter suppression, but us not making election day a national holiday is the pinnacle of stupidity.

Would you say that requiring someone to have an id to vote is voter suppression?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:47 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Would you say that requiring someone to have an id to vote is voter suppression?

As it reduces voter turnout, then it is, by definition, voter suppression.

The main issue of course is there's no evidence to suggest there's any widespread fraud so you're lowering the amount of voters while failing to address significant issues.

Now if, there was widespread voter fraud, them there's be legitimate cause for voter suppression here

Regardless, of your stance on this, do you disagree with any of my other examples as being sumb policy?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
As it reduces voter turnout, then it is, by definition, voter suppression.

The main issue of course is there's no evidence to suggest there's any widespread fraud so you're lowering the amount of voters while failing to address significant issues.

Now if, there was widespread voter fraud, them there's be legitimate cause for voter suppression here

Regardless, of your stance on this, do you disagree with any of my other examples as being sumb policy?

I agree the other stuff is dumb, but let me rephrase my other question then: do you think requiring someone to have an id to vote is bad?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:01 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

As for criminal justice, I should also add our fcked up bail system.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:01 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I agree the other stuff is dumb, but let me rephrase my other question then: do you think requiring someone to have an id to vote is bad?
Yes, because it reduces voter turnout and there's no evidence it's stopping anything.

In other words, it's an ineffective policy with greater negatives than positives.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:02 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Dude, that is so ****ing retarded. Of course you should have proof of identification to vote.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:04 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote:
Dude, that is so ****ing retarded. Of course you should have proof of identification to vote.

Uh, no, it's retarded to reduce voter turnout for a policy meant to weed out voter fraud when there's only been 31 cases of voter fraud since 2000.

There's no way you can frame this into an issue of morality here. The only possible justification for a policy that reduces turnout is that it solves a problem.

We already have other ways to check them that don't reduce voter turnout like id does

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Nov 8th, 2017 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:08 PM
Afro Cheese

I pretty much agree. It's insane that you would need ID to buy cigarettes or booze but not to vote. How exactly do they prevent minors/illegal immigrants/unregistered/felons from voting if there is no proof of identity required?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:21 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see it is as wrong to require an ID to vote. An ID is required to do lots of things in this country.

I support making it easier for people to obtain proper identification.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:24 PM
Afro Cheese

I don't see it is as wrong to require an ID to vote. An ID is required to do lots of things in this country.

I support making it easier for people to obtain proper identification.
This issue will be fixed in the future when they start micro-chipping us all at birth.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:25 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I pretty much agree. It's insane that you would need ID to buy cigarettes or booze but not to vote. How exactly do they prevent minors/illegal immigrants/unregistered/felons from voting if there is no proof of identity required?

The other day I had to show an ID in order to purchase cough medicine lol.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:26 PM
Afro Cheese

That's cause naughty children use it to get wasted.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I am pretty sure ID is needed if you want to get any sort of welfare.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:29 PM
Afro Cheese

Honestly I feel like I would rather up the standard for who can vote and have some sort of aptitude test. And I'd like that test to be at least hard enough that I wouldn't be able to pass it.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 11:30 PM