KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Tucker Carlson vs. The Alt Left

Tucker Carlson vs. The Alt Left
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Tucker Carlson vs. The Alt Left

Very interesting insights:

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:36 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i keep trying to find and join this "alt left", but after months of turning up no evidence of their existance, i'm starting to think it's just a made up boogyman to distract us from very real and very prevalent rebranded nazis.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:37 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i keep trying to find and join this "alt left", but after months of turning up no evidence of their existance, i'm starting to think it's just a made up boogyman to distract us from very real and very prevalent rebranded nazis.

The alt left definitely exists. You will get an idea of who they are by watching the video.

Anyways, people should check out Tucker's interview with Donna Brazile too:

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Perhaps you should watch the video above, then.

TBH I think that Alt-Right and Alt-Left are just catchy names for radical extremists on both sides of the political spectrum.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:42 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stigma

TBH I think that Alt-Right and Alt-Left are just catchy names for radical extremists on both sides of the political spectrum.

Indeed, and the alt right was originally some nazis or whatever labeling themselves alt right. Which hey okay fine. What then happened is people on the left "weaponized" the term. It's a catch all term for anyone they disagree with now.

When you see them labeling Ben Shapiro as "alt right" you know the term has lost all meaning.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You've never heard of the DNC Bashy?

Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^ Bingo

The "Alt-Right" exist, since it's a movement and label people identify with and gave themselves.

The "Alt-Left", I don't know of people who self-identify as such and the label seems to be given by detractors as an attack/insult.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
You've never heard of the DNC Bashy?

Or BAMN?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:46 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Stigma

no, the alt-right is an actual organization of rebranded white supremacists. the alt-left is a non-existant boogyman gang which someone made up so that trump could deflect from the charlottsville terrorist attack.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Nov 9th, 2017 at 05:49 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:46 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
^ Bingo

The "Alt-Right" exist, since it's a movement and label people identify with and gave themselves.

The "Alt-Left", I don't know of people who self-identify as such and the label seems to be given by detractors as an attack/insult.

Now Rob, you're being somewhat dishonest. There are people who indeed refer to themselves as "alt right" However, now it seems a majority of the time when you see it used...it is leftists applying it to conservatives as an insult.

Richard Spencer? Calls himself alt right. That's fine. Ben Shapiro is not alt right, never identified as alt right, and yet imbeciles on the left have called him alt right.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

no, the alt-right is an actual organization of rebranded white supremacists. the alt-left is a non-existant boogyman gang which someone made up so that trump could deflect from the charlottsville terrorist attack.

Again: HOW is this hard to understand? It's both. There are people on the right who openly refer to themselves as "alt right".

There are also liberals who apply the term frequently to people who never identified as such, and they do it to insult them and to imply they are nazis.

Why lie or ignore that reality? I don't get it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:49 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Surtur
Again: HOW is this hard to understand? It's both. There are people on the right who openly refer to themselves as "alt right".

There are also liberals who apply the term frequently to people who never identified as such, and they do it to insult them and to imply they are nazis.

Why lie or ignore that reality? I don't get it.

nope, and i already made my point which squashes yours/OP/tucker's narrative that the alt-left is some looming danger to the public (or even a real thing). unless you have anything to add (not repeat), it looks like we're done here. wink

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

nope, and i already made my point which squashes yours/OP/tucker's narrative that the alt-right is some looming danger to the public (or even a real thing). unless you have anything to add (not repeat), it looks like we're done here. wink

So just to be clear, you are saying people on the left do not apply this term to conservatives who have never identified as alt right?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:52 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

So just to be clear, you are saying people on the left do not apply this term to conservatives who have never identified as alt right?

it's often missaplied but that doesnt change the fact that the alt-right is real, and your 'alt-left' is a non-tangible popcorn fart invented by an orange manbaby.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Now Rob, you're being somewhat dishonest. There are people who indeed refer to themselves as "alt right" However, now it seems a majority of the time when you see it used...it is leftists applying it to conservatives as an insult.

Richard Spencer? Calls himself alt right. That's fine. Ben Shapiro is not alt right, never identified as alt right, and yet imbeciles on the left have called him alt right.

Um, are we ignoring that the Alt-Right is a fairly large movement? It's not just 10 clean-cut White guys in a garage drinking Kombucha and talking shit about Jews and Black people.

If that was a dig on me, I don't think I've ever called Shapiro "Alt-Right". I actually have some respect for the guy, though that's dismissed since his "they can just sell their beachfront homes' argument. Maybe Alt-Dumb?

But you seem to be dodging the point and trying to muddy. The Point: "Alt-Right" is self applied by people who identify as such. "Alt-Left" is seemingly invented by others (the Alt-Right?) and used as a slur label.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

it's often missaplied but that doesnt change the fact that the alt-right is real, and your 'alt-left' is a non-tangible popcorn fart invented by an orange manbaby.

And people who misapply it...those leftists are deflecting, right?

And it is certainly true there is nobody that identifies as "alt left". This doesn't mean people wouldn't fall under said category. The video shows you the EXACT kind of leftists that do.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um, are we ignoring that the Alt-Right is a fairly large movement? It's not just 10 clean-cut White guys in a garage drinking Kombucha and talking shit about Jews and Black people.

If that was a dig on me, I don't think I've ever called Shapiro "Alt-Right". I actually have some respect for the guy, though that's dismissed since his "they can just sell their beachfront homes' argument. Maybe Alt-Dumb?

But you seem to have been ignoring the point and trying to muddy. The Point: "Alt-Right" is self applied by people who identify as such. "Alt-Left" is seemingly invented by others (the Alt-Right?) and used a slur label.

Lol nobody is ignoring any of that. What I'm saying is a majority of the time you see it used it is being applied not by that person, but it is someone else entirely branding them as alt right. This is how the term is used now.

And the thing about Ben wasn't to you specifically, it was to make the point that the term is highly abused by the left. Perhaps if you guys stuck to referring to those who label themselves as alt right you guys wouldn't have these issues.

But there very much is an alt left, they exist. They just do not self identify as such. Just like I am sure there are people who espouse nazi beliefs and do not identify as alt right.

So there is NO way to say "there is no alt left". What can be said is that there is no group that calls themselves that. But that is not the point of the term, that is not how Sargon uses it. It's radical leftists, that is what it tends to imply. The kind who are anti free speech and who want to police your language, etc. watch the video to get an idea of who he means.

But you absolutely can't say they do not exist, because people do not even claim they exist in the way you think.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 9th, 2017 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:59 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

And people who misapply it...those leftists are deflecting, right?

And it is certainly true there is nobody that identifies as "alt left". This doesn't mean people wouldn't fall under said category. The video shows you the EXACT kind of leftists that do.

the alt-right call themselve 'alt-right'
'alt-left' is a label applied by right wingers to vilify whomever they please. i could probably explain this to a child and have them comprehending the concept. why are you so ill-equipped to do so? fee-fees?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:01 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Honestly, it just seems like a BS term made up by some to equalize the shitty thoughts and actions of the Alt-Right. It's another "well, they're bad too, so" excuse.

IMO, we should never try and equalize Nazis. Nazis = bad. Period. Ask Indiana Jones.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly, it just seems like a BS term made up by some to equalize the shitty thoughts and actions of the Alt-Right. It's another "well, they're bad too, so" excuse.

IMO, we should never try and equalize Nazis. Nazis = bad. Period. Ask Indiana Jones.

And applying the term alt right to those who never claimed to be...would be just as much bullshit, correct? Bullshit done to try to equate those people to actual nazis.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:04 PM