KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is America the only global Empire today?

Is America the only global Empire today?
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Is America the only global Empire today?

This guys seems to think so:

Or do you disagree with the terminology?

Or any other potential candidate for that label?

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 14th, 2017 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:11 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good thread. Basically, yes. USA is in charge.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:15 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

does any other country have such wide spread influence as far as military base locations? is anyone even close?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:16 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
does any other country have such wide spread influence as far as military base locations? is anyone even close?

If we were to trust the media, the Russians are behind it all.

But seriously speaking, yeah, I think you're right.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:18 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

We should really cut off all those other countries and force them to get by on their own. Sometimes you just gotta push the chick out of the nest.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:19 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

America is number 1. UK, France, Canada and Australia are allies of the USA, then you have China and Russia which have mixed relations with the USA.

Israel also has strong ties with the almighty glorious god country USA.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:21 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

what foreign locations does Poland have? Russia? for real tho.

there is this fear mongering of china which may have a lot of merit but they do not have that global spontaneous reach that the us has. that tangible destructive power makes an empire. Force is the final way of obtaining compliance

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:22 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. I will agree. The UK aint Ranked for several decades now. Sucks to be them.

Just another country the U.S needs to cut off.

Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think most modern economies would be ill equiped to handle their economies as having global influence. Most world players seem content with establishing themselves as regionally dominant so they become a necessary partner when overseas companies try to establish themselves in new markets.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

what foreign locations does Poland have? Russia? for real tho.

We're slowly taking over Ireland and have a substantial colony in the UK laughing out loud

But for real, I'm not sure. I know there are substantial Polish forces in Iraq, Pakistan and Afganistan. Why are we even there? Not sure.

there is this fear mongering of china which may have a lot of merit but they do not have that global spontaneous reach that the us has. that tangible destructive power makes an empire. Force is the final way of obtaining compliance

Indeed. Actually, there more I hear about China, the more they seem to be limited in their military capabilities, given that the US controls South East Asian seas.

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 14th, 2017 at 08:28 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:24 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

no one's really "in charge". If we were in charge, then Assad's regime wouldn't have won. As it is, it's not viable for China, Russia, or America to attack each other and win.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 09:43 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

The US is the only superpower left in the world. Not really the same thing as being an empire.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 10:25 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It is. Not in the direct-rule way as Rome or Persia, or in the colonial sense, like Britain or France. But in economic, political, and cultural terms, it has immense control. Not to mention the unprecedented number of global military bases. The U.S. uses hundreds of installations to project it's numerically and technologically superior naval presence--and through that it's air presence. It's more like a thalassocracy, in the spirit of Athens' Delian League.

The simple definition of empire is a centralized government using a powerful military to enforce control over disparate cultures and ethnicities. Historically, empires have violently crushed dissent from rebellious subjects and "allies", something the U.S. has NEVER done. Ever. Especially in the modern era.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:54 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes the U.S. is the dominant Hegemony in most catorgaries, be it cultural, military etc.

However, you only have to travel round the world to still see the vast influence of France and particularly the UK.

Most education and militaries in Asia, like India and Pakistan, either directly copy or use British systems.

North Africa culturally is often very French in Outlook.

The UK still has the 3rd largest budget for weapons spending if you ignore Saudi Arabia, where a large amount of money is spent on Pakistani mercenaries and some of the most important listening posts like the one in Bahrain are linked to GCHQ more strongly than the US.

Culturally you'll see more Union Jack Tshirts (a fashion item worldwide than you will US paraphernalia).British and European Football shirts from Chelsea to Barcelona dominate sportswear and sport worldwide. Americans, no one cares about the Yankees, sorry! Hip Hop is still dominant in terms of a cultural music export from the US. The Biggest Rock bands still tend to be British particularly historically and the Influence of the Beatles, Stones and Led Zepplin actually affected America as much as American music affected the UK. Comic books, A US invention, it took people like Gaiman and Moore to actually make them worth reading.

The Americans win the Olympics but proportionally based on population the UK destroy them.

Heavyweight Boxing is dominated by Eastern Europeans and Britain. etc.

Golf is a split.

Fashion is still dominated by Europe and American cars are shit.

It's interesting, really things are more global when you actually don't just live in one place.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 06:54 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes. The World does have a tendency to turn it self in to a Shit Hole like Europe is quickly becoming.

The Left is a Cancer upon the world.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 06:56 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yes. The World does have a tendency to turn it self in to a Shit Hole like Europe is quickly becoming.

I always wonder how Fly figures that we have Left leaning governments in Europe. In most cases I can think of that' just not the case, we are under a steady conservative rule at the moment with some random sparks of liberal but protectionist governments here and there.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:56 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
I always wonder how Fly figures that we have Left leaning governments in Europe. In most cases I can think of that' just not the case, we are under a steady conservative rule at the moment with some random sparks of liberal but protectionist governments here and there.
He's a right-wing American. For him, if you can't go to your local drugstore and buy enough weapons and ammo for the Monday morning high school massacre you live in a leftist society.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:30 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

What Left Wing Fascist Country to you call Him Stevie?

Or are you to much of a Cuck Lord to tell us so we can point out its flaws?

I am gonna bet on the CUCK.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:26 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Bentley

I laugh at what the FRENCH think is "Conservative". Especially when I look at the Tax Codes there.

Hitler didn't steal as much from the People as Your GOV does.

eek!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:30 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor

It really is turning into a shithole with the spread of US fast food and coffee shop outlets clogging up every town and city across the country.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 11:39 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote