KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Taco mayor re-elected

Taco mayor re-elected
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Taco mayor re-elected

The opposition demanded a recount, and the courts shot him down.

So East Haven, CT gets more of this guy:

Did I mention my folks went to school with him? My father defended his comments, and I point blank asked him "Would YOU have said something like that?"

He just rolls his eyes and mutters "That's just how he is".

I dunno.. He must be doing something right. Some reason people keep voting him in over and over again.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:15 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm sorry but that is just f*cking hilarious. It's so absurd it becomes funny.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus you ever have a choco taco though? Thanks Mexico!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh conservatives...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: Taco mayor re-elected

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

So East Haven, CT gets more of [Joe Maturo] ...

I dunno.. He must be doing something right. Some reason people keep voting him in over and over again.

Indeed. 3 times now.

Understandable:

1. He's probably good at his job.
2. People are probably starting to weary of people trying to ruin others over a stray comment.
3. He apologized for the remark.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 12:24 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I thought his answer was good. no expression

But it was not a political answer. He should have said:

"I'll be directly investing my money into local latino businesses because I want to see our very small minority populations thrive. I enjoy the American Dream just as much as the next American so shouldn't people like you and I, who are not first or second generation immigrants, being doing our part to be involved with everyone in our community? My money votes for everyone in our community, which includes our local minorities. They voted for me so I vote for them.

As the mayor, I represent everyone. That's why I do this job and I love it."

Last edited by dadudemon on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 12:42 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

The guy was tired and hungry and was thinking of food

An authentic latin taco

is a high fat, high carb, high fiber, high protein, high flavor, high nutrition food

One of the best things for stress is fat+carbs+protein

For women chocolate, ice cream
For men - guys go for stuff with a higher hit of tryptophan -pizza with its higher milk solid content + bacon + some type of meat, will have more protein than say... ice cream or milk chocolate.

I've never seen anyone with falling blood sugar levels (some one who is tired / tiring) crave a low carb, low fat snack or talking or thinking out loud about having something like a salad (or something that goes in a salad) - The human body (and mind) just doesn't work like that.

Personally When I'm really hungry and have had a long day I want a kebob and a high sugar - none of that diet stuff - soda and some fries - and maybe a burger - but it has to be a large chicken filet burger

thats how I like my fat+sugar+protein

other times this old classic works for me:

peanut butter+jelly on bread+ full fat milk

trptophan-packed with polyunsaturated fat + carbs, glucose, fructose + lactose, saturated fat and more tryptophan

If you see / or hear a person taling about a food - when no one's asked them to talk about food - and that food is a high fat, high carb, high protein food, that person is hungry and that person is under stress.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:26 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Re: Taco mayor re-elected

Originally posted by cdtm

So East Haven, CT gets more of this guy:

This is so F-K-N stupid, grats.

A small police force doesn't have a minority represented on the police force in a live interview "whats your answer, gotcha."

Shit this guy should institute taco mondays and fridays to be able to retract his taco statement and be praised a hero.... eek!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 05:51 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by shiv
The guy was tired and hungry and was thinking of food

An authentic latin taco

is a high fat, high carb, high fiber, high protein, high flavor, high nutrition food

One of the best things for stress is fat+carbs+protein

For women chocolate, ice cream
For men - guys go for stuff with a higher hit of tryptophan -pizza with its higher milk solid content + bacon + some type of meat, will have more protein than say... ice cream or milk chocolate.

I've never seen anyone with falling blood sugar levels (some one who is tired / tiring) crave a low carb, low fat snack or talking or thinking out loud about having something like a salad (or something that goes in a salad) - The human body (and mind) just doesn't work like that.

Personally When I'm really hungry and have had a long day I want a kebob and a high sugar - none of that diet stuff - soda and some fries - and maybe a burger - but it has to be a large chicken filet burger

thats how I like my fat+sugar+protein

other times this old classic works for me:

peanut butter+jelly on bread+ full fat milk

trptophan-packed with polyunsaturated fat + carbs, glucose, fructose + lactose, saturated fat and more tryptophan

If you see / or hear a person taling about a food - when no one's asked them to talk about food - and that food is a high fat, high carb, high protein food, that person is hungry and that person is under stress.

This is an oddly satisfying read.

It sounds JUST zany AND informative enough that it works if you're being completely serious OR partly serious and gently poking fun.

Kudos.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 12:15 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by dadudemon
I thought his answer was good. no expression

I looked him up.
The "taco" comment was made by Maturo five years ago, in 2012.

His response to some follow-up hazing was better than Doc Savage probably knows:

Story highlights
Some 500 tacos were delivered to office of the East Haven mayor
It was part of a text-for-taco campaign in response to the mayor's comments Tuesday
Mayor had remarked he would support Latinos by eating tacos
Those tacos and more are expected to be given to local food-assistance outlets
Two days after a Connecticut mayor delivered an errant comment about eating tacos to support East Haven Latinos, some of whom are the alleged victims of police mistreatment, Mayor Joseph Maturo Jr. apparently got his wish.
Some 500 tacos were delivered to his office Thursday after a Latino activist group called Junta for Progressive Action launched a text-for-tacos campaign to draw attention to the comment, which Maturo later apologized for.
In the interview Tuesday, a local reporter pointed out that there were no Latino officers on East Haven's police force.
"And your point being?" Maturo responded.
Asked what he planned to do for the Latino community in light of the discrimination allegations, the mayor said, "I might have tacos when I go home, I'm not quite sure yet."
That set off the activist group, a local branch of the Reform Immigration for America organization, which said that anytime someone texts the word "taco" to 69866, it will deliver a taco to the mayor on their behalf.
They've received more than 2,600 texts, the group said in a statement Thursday.
"The mayor has shown a total lack of respect for the constituents he has been sworn to serve to the best of his ability," said Henry Fernandez, spokesman for the group.
Maturo twice apologized for the comments, saying his words were largely a product of stress.
Still, some 500 tacos were placed inside his office; the rest are already being rerouted to local food-assistance outlets.
"The town of East Haven has received an abundance of tacos as a result of the campaign initiated by the group 'Reform Immigration for America,'" said Maturo in a statement. "Recognizing that there are many in need in our state, we have arranged for all of the tacos to be donated to local soup kitchens and pantries, including the Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen in New Haven."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/26/us/co...acos/index.html

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:32 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Lol.. Marshawn Lunch said this and no one was offended.

“What’s up with my amigos? What’s up with my Mex, man? Aye, we got hella Mex out in The Town (Oakland), man … They be kicking it with me, though. Know what I’m talkin’ about? We eat hella tacos, hella enchiladas, hella quesadillas.”

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:52 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

My bad, he actually said this:

“I f—ks with my amigos, I f—ks with Mex,man. You know what I’m talking about? Hey, we got hella Mex out in the town, bro. They be slidin’ and hella s–t. There’s a lot of them in the dubs. They all through the east though. You feel me? I be goin’ go f–k with them and hella s–t. They be kicking it with me though! You know what I’m talking about? We hella tacos, we hella enchiladas, we hella quesadillas.”

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:01 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520
Lol.. Marshawn Lunch said this and no one was offended.

“What’s up with my amigos? What’s up with my Mex, man? Aye, we got hella Mex out in The Town (Oakland), man … They be kicking it with me, though. Know what I’m talkin’ about? We eat hella tacos, hella enchiladas, hella quesadillas.”

Isn't that the dipshit that knelt during our anthem, but stood for Mexico's? Lol.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:03 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

yes

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes

Lol....I wonder if he knows the way the Mexican government treats its own people.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 02:09 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Probably not. He ****s wit the Mex in Okaland tho. Mainly because they have hella Tacos and such.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 04:18 PM
dadudemon

My bad, he actually said this:

“I f—ks with my amigos, I f—ks with Mex,man. You know what I’m talking about? Hey, we got hella Mex out in the town, bro. They be slidin’ and hella s–t. There’s a lot of them in the dubs. They all through the east though. You feel me? I be goin’ go f–k with them and hella s–t. They be kicking it with me though! You know what I’m talking about? We hella tacos, we hella enchiladas, we hella quesadillas.”

Well...this sounds like a nice, chill, guy that I'd like to hang out with. All of those foods are awesome. And every Mexican I've hung out with or call amigo is very adamant about having their abuela o mama make some of those for me (don't forget "elotes": a snack that's actually pretty damn good).

It's sooooo offensive to eat the traditional foods the Mexicans offer you or even demand you eat. How dare I be racist by respecting their demands to eat their foods.

Fat Man Story Time:
Best damn enchiladas I ever had was from the mother of a Mexican gal I dated for about a month in November December 16. Very spicy. Not like any enchiladas in the US. She made 50-50: chicken and cheese. Because I said I like both kinds. I ate so many. So so so many. I was extremely full. It was very spicy but I ate it anyway. I asked her why it was so delicious and so different and she said it was because the cheese is made locally (it was) and the peppers are indigenous (they were) and are perfect for enchiladas. I forgot the name of the pepper. But I tried so hard to remember to see if I can find it when I got back to the US. The cheese could be substituted for goat cheese, in the US: similar taste and texture. Honestly, I considered staying with that Mexican gal specifically because of the enchiladas. I considered making that relationship work just because of the food her mom mad. That makes me a fat person.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 05:04 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well...this sounds like a nice, chill, guy that I'd like to hang out with. All of those foods are awesome. And every Mexican I've hung out with or call amigo is very adamant about having their abuela o mama make some of those for me (don't forget "elotes": a snack that's actually pretty damn good).

It's sooooo offensive to eat the traditional foods the Mexicans offer you or even demand you eat. How dare I be racist by respecting their demands to eat their foods.

Fat Man Story Time:
Best damn enchiladas I ever had was from the mother of a Mexican gal I dated for about a month in November December 16. Very spicy. Not like any enchiladas in the US. She made 50-50: chicken and cheese. Because I said I like both kinds. I ate so many. So so so many. I was extremely full. It was very spicy but I ate it anyway. I asked her why it was so delicious and so different and she said it was because the cheese is made locally (it was) and the peppers are indigenous (they were) and are perfect for enchiladas. I forgot the name of the pepper. But I tried so hard to remember to see if I can find it when I got back to the US. The cheese could be substituted for goat cheese, in the US: similar taste and texture. Honestly, I considered staying with that Mexican gal specifically because of the enchiladas. I considered making that relationship work just because of the food her mom mad. That makes me a fat person.

I'm gonna fat shame you now.

Shame on you.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 06:12 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Fat Man Story Time:

You do know that I wasn't upset about it right? Just pointing out the hypocrisy of outrage for one statement as opposed to the other.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 06:50 PM
dadudemon

You do know that I wasn't upset about it right? Just pointing out the hypocrisy of outrage for one statement as opposed to the other.

Your opinion on those words, which you did not state in the content I quoted, are irrelevant to the words I wrote in response to the quote.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 07:06 PM