KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Analysis of Trump''s Tax Plan

Analysis of Trump''s Tax Plan
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Analysis of Trump''s Tax Plan

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 04:24 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Best tax plan ever

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 11:31 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

A Califunnian would know, cause they Love to pay the Taxes in that State.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 11:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
Best tax plan ever

Nope...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 11:55 PM
DarthSkywalker0 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Skip to about 4 minutes in, the host asks the guy to name ONE loophole this is eliminating for corporations and he can't. Eventually he just flat out admits "the point is for corporations to pay less." This tax plan is a naked hand out to corporations and the Republican parties top donors. They don't care how unpopular it is (30% approval, lower even than Trumps), they're prepared to sell out the American people to their donors.

Last edited by Nephthys on Dec 17th, 2017 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 12:09 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Little bit of sarcasm you dry mother phuckers

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 12:10 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Flyattractor
A Califunnian would know, cause they Love to pay the Taxes in that State.

What state are you in

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 12:12 AM
Flyattractor

Congested and with a fever.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:09 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Nephthys

Skip to about 4 minutes in, the host asks the guy to name ONE loophole this is eliminating for corporations and he can't. Eventually he just flat out admits "the point is for corporations to pay less." This tax plan is a naked hand out to corporations and the Republican parties top donors. They don't care how unpopular it is (30% approval, lower even than Trumps), they're prepared to sell out the American people to their donors.

Gotta love how the video starts with the senator blatantly lying about what studies have said and lying again about our corporate tax rate in the same sentence.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:11 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If Corp taxes go down by 14%, that's going to leave a hole that needs to be filled, as the government runs on money. The middle-class will be the ones to mostly refill that hole, likely along with the cutting back of social programs, medicare, medicaid, social security. Which is essentially stealing money, as people pay into [some of] those programs.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're in another recession/crash in 2-3 years, after the bill passes. #maga

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 05:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Here's an idea... why not cut government spending? Why does this not cross the minds of people complaining about the deficit in Trump's tax plan? Stop pouring inordinate amounts of money into entitlement programs.

Edit: Not social security though since people have paid into it

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Dec 18th, 2017 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 05:46 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Here's an idea... why not cut government spending? Why does this not cross the minds of people complaining about the deficit in Trump's tax plan? Stop pouring inordinate amounts of money into entitlement programs.

Edit: Not social security though since people have paid into it

Such as? The military? Or?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Bu-bu-but Repulicans are driving up the debt! People not wanting to cram money into entitlement programs are just a bunch of selfish rich pricks... right? I mean it's not like anything objectively bad could come out of this much government spending.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:24 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tax is theft

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:58 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
The spending on the military is significantly less than the spending on social programs. You seem to be conflating discretionary spending with mandatory spending. You have to take an aggregate of the two to find the total fiscal bill.

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KY3YqFOTgT0/WjgGP8zCHfI/AAAAAAAAEBQ/Agf-swXNpqYaXE_5bh-P9Wgg23MISKXPQCL0BGAYYCw/h819/2017-12-18.png[/IMG

But, what we are also forgetting is the fiscal gap created by social programs. To ascertain this fiscal gap, we must simply look to the work done by Laurence Kotlikoff. The fiscal gap is $210 trillion according to Congressional Budget Office's July 2014 Alternative Fiscal Scenario extended on an infinite horizon. This method is endorsed by 17 Nobel Laureates in economics and over 1200 Ph.D. economists from MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Chicago, Berkeley, Yale, Columbia, Penn, and lesser known universities and colleges around the country. Medicare, Medicaid, and social security are going to continue racking up debt every year.

I considering healthcare and social security "mandatory spending", cos people need to live and they're entitled to their own money.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:05 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Bu-bu-but Repulicans are driving up the debt! People not wanting to cram money into entitlement programs are just a bunch of selfish rich pricks... right? I mean it's not like anything objectively bad could come out of this much government spending.

Tell me again how you're a Democrat?

What exactly do you consider an "entitlement program"?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:06 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Robtard
Tell me again how you're a Democrat?

I'm not.

I stopped being center-left around October.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:11 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm not.

I stopped being center-left around October.

And now you're?

Also:
What exactly do you consider an "entitlement program"?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:17 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

And now you're?

An economically right wing classical liberal who doesn't identify with either party because they're both shit.

Maybe this post from another thread will clarify things:
Party: Independent **** the Democrats and **** the Republicans

Political ideology: Classical liberalism- individualist (**** identity politics and identitarian movements), economically right-wing (used to be economically left wing, but I could no longer square compelled wealth redistribution with my principles), free-speech absolutist (**** hate speech laws), interest in defending life liberty and property, pro-life (life of mother>life of fetus>liberty of mother to get an abortion), pro-gun rights, pro-drug legalization (especially weed and psychedelics), pro-free trade, etc.

Political pundits: Ben Shapiro, Sargon of Akkad, Jordan Peterson

Vote in 2016: I voted for Clinton... I regret that after realizing how awful she was. If I could go back in time I wouldn't have voted for either since my vote as a Texan didn't really do anything, and both suck.

Also:

Welfare, medicare, medicaid, social security, etc. though I've already conceded that anything someone has already paid into like social security shouldn't be pulled out from under them.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Social Security and Mediacare are paid into, they're part of the safety net for seniors.

Medicaid and Welfare are social programs funded by our tax dollars in general, some state and some Fed. These do need overalls for sure, imo.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 07:37 PM