KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Planet of the Apes

Planet of the Apes
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Planet of the Apes

I've just seen the trailer for this Movie and it looks AWESOME!!!! My bet for the summer smash for 2001.

You can check it out at www.planetoftheapes.com

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:14 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Thanks for the link, RC. I don't have time to download it now, I'm at work and we're swamped. I don't even have time to be posting this....but I can't stay away. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:29 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

So they are making new versions of this series? Whos in it I`ll download it later.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:46 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Mark Wahlberg stars. Tim Burton is directing. The apes look amazing.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:48 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Tim Burton, so its gonna be a dark feature then?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:51 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah. He says it's not so much a remaking of the original but a reuse of the story idea with new characters and situations. It does look good.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2001 08:55 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

I've also heard that there is a different surprise ending. Any guesses?

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 01:19 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I haven't really heard much on this movie until just this week.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 02:05 AM
queeq
Chaos

Nice trailer. Doesn't reveal too much of the movie though. The apes look nice but they still wear rubber masks. I like the production design a lot, but I always do with Burton. He rocks and I'm pretty sure this one will rock too.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 03:39 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

There are some CGI apes to I believe. Some of those moves didn't look like a stunt man to me.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 03:47 AM
queeq
Chaos

Oh yeah. Well, I just watched it briefly on medium resolution.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 03:59 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I managed to get the full 640 version down and played it at full screen. It looks good.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 04:05 AM
queeq
Chaos

But you have a very fast connection. Lucky you. I'll just do that with the SW trailers.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 04:13 AM
finti

I really dont like Tim Burton`s stuff seems to me he forgott the light crew.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 04:16 AM
Ratcat

Well, this one seems to take place in the desert and in the forest so I think you get a bit of both.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 04:21 AM
queeq
Chaos

You have such strange taste in films, finti. He may not always have the best storylines, or at least I'd understand if you don't like his storylines, but don't touch the production design, dude. It is awesome.

And it takes a really good eye for lighting to make his films look the way they do.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 04:23 AM
Ratcat

There speaks the voice of experience. Actually, I loved what he did to Batman. Pity it went downhill with later directors, though that was as much to do with the stories as anything else.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 04:31 AM
queeq
Chaos

True. But the first Batman wasn't all that superb, Nicholson stole the show. Now Batman Returns, that was awesome. I still watch that one from time to time with great pleasure, great pleasure.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 04:36 AM
finti

I have strange taste in films? hmm I would say those who likes TB stuff have starnge taste. As of Batman another comic hero they didn`t need to put on the screen.
The best film I`ve seen latley is the Patriot, Almost famous, and I`m going to see Enemy at the gates of dawn this weeekend. Hannibal was a bummer, but I read the book before and never see a filmatisation of a book, only exception is A time to kill.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 04:38 AM
Ratcat

I like all of the batmans, though 3 and 4 not so much as 1 and 2

Old Post Mar 21st, 2001 04:42 AM