KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you think all demographics are innately equal?

Do you think all demographics are innately equal?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist

Do you think all demographics are innately equal?

Do you think that among the major protected classes (race, gender, national identity, etc.) there is a 100% equal distribution of relevant innate cognitive traits that correlate with success in a market system? Why or why not?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 03:56 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Sith Emperor

Me and Einstein are totally comparable, just something something systemic oppression poor me

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 05:08 AM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

wait till zigg sees this

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 07:04 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Well according to some if you WANT Success in the Market System... that makes you LESS then others.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 07:29 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

no black ppl r inferiur.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 08:06 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Black People don't like Money?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 08:09 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

In aggregate? No. You can chalk it up to geographic, historical, and perhaps cultural factors, but I'd be highly surprised if the distributions of these characteristics for all groups were identical just based on the statistical unlikelihood of that happening.

However you can't use the aggregate and pin it down to the level of the individual and judge someone based on their demographic because the aggregate statistic doesn't tell you jack shit about the individual characteristics of a specific constituent of said group, ergo judging someone on the basis of their identity group is disgusting, and policies giving different racial groups different treatments for example (such as Jim Crow, Affirmative Action, etc.) are disgusting and unjustified.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 08:12 PM
Emperordmb is online now! Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

There's a Youtube video of a single digit kid solving a Rubik's cube using algorithms. In the comments section, some people express amazement at how smart the kid is.

The father gets pissed. He says, If YOUR kid put in the work...!" As if being smart is an unfair advantage.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 08:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

And I think you can't win on this topic, so that is all I'll say..

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 08:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
There's a Youtube video of a single digit kid solving a Rubik's cube using algorithms. In the comments section, some people express amazement at how smart the kid is.

The father gets pissed. He says, If YOUR kid put in the work...!" As if being smart is an unfair advantage.

That is probably why the U.S Educational System is doing its best to make all of our kids into brain dead little shit heads.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 08:38 PM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Wasn't there that study that showed men are both smarter and dumber than women? We are more likely to have above average intelligence, but also more likely to have below average. While women are likely to have average intelligence.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Do you think all demographics are innately equal?

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Do you think that among the major protected classes (race, gender, national identity, etc.) there is a 100% equal distribution of relevant innate cognitive traits that correlate with success in a market system? Why or why not?

My beliefs mean shit on the topic because facts don't care about my feelings.

There are differences and we've known this for ages.

As for your last question, what exactly are you asking? Are you asking if smart people do better, socioeconomically?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2018 10:34 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:33 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:37 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Originally posted by Surtur
Wasn't there that study that showed men are both smarter and dumber than women? We are more likely to have above average intelligence, but also more likely to have below average. While women are likely to have average intelligence.

Basically, men are sharply all over the map, while women have more of an average curve.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:44 AM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by cdtm
Basically, men are sharply all over the map, while women have more of an average curve.

See, they need us. Both to be geniuses and accomplish shit and to be dumb and make them look better.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:49 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Re: Re: Do you think all demographics are innately equal?

Originally posted by dadudemon
There are differences and we've known this for ages.
go on. tell us more. tell us about the whites and the brown people

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:53 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Lol, every time Beni challenges DDM it ends in hilarious tragedy for him.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 01:54 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol, every time Beni challenges DDM it ends in hilarious tragedy for him.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:21 AM
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Beniboybling

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 02:23 AM