KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Twelve Statements - Agree or Disagree?

Twelve Statements - Agree or Disagree?
Started by: lazybones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lazybones

Twelve Statements - Agree or Disagree?

Just twelve random statements. How far do you agree with each of them?

1. 'There are some groups in society that are inherently more privileged than others, and policies such as Affirmative Action are needed to bridge the gaps.'
2. 'Western countries have a duty to repay disadvantaged peoples for the crimes of colonialism and slavery.'
3. 'There very well could be other reasons for poverty and homelessness, but chief among the reasons must be laziness.'
4. 'Meat-eating is wrong, and an anachronistic practice that should be challenged'
5. 'It's all well and good for countries to be independent, but there are some that would benefit from vassalization.'
6. 'Climate change driven by human action is happening, and requires government intervention in the form of regulation and taxes to remedy.'
7. 'It is appropriate to criminalise the presence of a wage gap between men and women in companies.'
8. 'There are only two genders.'
9. 'Those who are unemployed for prolonged periods should be conscripted into community service.'
10. 'The media and academic elite are virulently hostile to white people.'
11. 'Black Americans were better off during Jim Crow than they are now, all things considered'
12. 'Healthcare should be government subsidised, so that all can afford it.'

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 11:43 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

1.Agree
2.Agree
3.Disagree
4.Disagree
5.Not sure what that means.
6.Agree
7.Disagree
8.Factually untrue
9.Disagree
10.Disagree
11.Disagree
12.Agree

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 11:55 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Agree with the status, despise the solution

2. disagree

3. agree to an extent

4. disagree

5. disagree

6. agree with first part; mixed thoughts on the solution

7. disagree

8. no comment

9. partially agree—what are the terms? What differentiates unemployed comm service from that of felons? What constitutes as "unemployed"? Youtubers? Self-employed?

10. partially disagree—not so much white people as it is conservative ideologies in general.

11. disagree

12. agree to an extent—question is vague. Single-payer? Medicaid assistance? Health savings accounts? I agree the govt should offer some assistance to the impoverished for life-threatening illnesses. Am completely against single-payer.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:01 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Nah, racism to fight racism is for dipshits

2. Show me a former slave from America and I will vote to give them reparations.

3. Not true

4. Kinda slap whoever says this. Not too hard, I'm talking like a wake up call slap you see in the movies

5. Disagree

6. If humans are having a significant impact sure, jury is still out unless I missed definitive proof and before anyone whines like a baby: not a denier.

7. No, it's retarded. Wage gap happens largely due to personal choices people make.

8. Agree. Intersex people are rare, so anyone trying to use them as an excuse to not answer "two" is silly and misinformed

9. Depends on why

10. Hostile, yep some are, some folk think racism against whites is okay, it ain't

11. Who even says this? But no disagree. But this seems like a Buzzfeed question.

12. As long as folk aren't forced to be on any plan

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:05 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

8.Factually untrue

psychologically speaking gender /= sex but then again it's academia talking. I treat it like religion. You're either born with a penis or vagina but you can choose to believe that you're a demigod, transitional zorbweaver, etc.

Gender is specific to a societal role and its expectations which I suppose can always change while biology doesn't.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:06 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
psychologically speaking gender /= sex but then again it's academia talking. I treat it like religion. You're either born with a penis or vagina but you can choose to believe that you're a demigod, transitional zorbweaver, etc.

Gender is specific to a societal role and its expectations which I suppose can always change while biology doesn't.

As long as the people who believe this believe I can change my race and gender just as fluidly.

Either all fairy tales are true or none are.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:08 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

just going to talk on 1:

Disagree. to bridge the gap, make the policy bout class rather than race. It makes sense to reward schools for picking a kid from a terrible socio economic upbringing over a kid with a kid over a kid with comparable grades coming from great socio economic conditions. But it's nonsensical that a white kid from terrible socio--economical condiitons would be dubbed for a black kid from uber privelige.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 12:09 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

Originally posted by Nephthys

5.Not sure what that means.
It's basically suggesting that certain countries can't properly manage their affairs, and should be vassalized (brought under the dominion/management) of a more competent country.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:02 AM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

1. Disagree
2. Disagree
3. Disagree
4. Disagree. But if alternatives to meat exist that taste no different, I would push to get us to modernize and stop with the destructive practices.
5. Disagree
6. Agree somewhat. We need to focus more on pollution and renewable energy sources, not so much the green house gas emissions.
7. Disagree
8. Disagree, there are factually two sexes but more than one gender (don't be pedants).
9. Somewhat agree. There should be programs that help them earn money while contributing in a meaningful way to society.
10. Agree and disagree. It varies.
11. Depends on which fact you choose to apply to this. For the most part, I don't know. I'd have to look at all the facts.
12. Disagree somewhat. I should provide a universal option. That's not a subsidy.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 8th, 2018 at 01:11 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:09 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Re: Twelve Statements - Agree or Disagree?

Originally posted by lazybones
Just twelve random statements. How far do you agree with each of them?

1. 'There are some groups in society that are inherently more privileged than others, and policies such as Affirmative Action are needed to bridge the gaps.'
2. 'Western countries have a duty to repay disadvantaged peoples for the crimes of colonialism and slavery.'
3. 'There very well could be other reasons for poverty and homelessness, but chief among the reasons must be laziness.'
4. 'Meat-eating is wrong, and an anachronistic practice that should be challenged'
5. 'It's all well and good for countries to be independent, but there are some that would benefit from vassalization.'
6. 'Climate change driven by human action is happening, and requires government intervention in the form of regulation and taxes to remedy.'
7. 'It is appropriate to criminalise the presence of a wage gap between men and women in companies.'
9. 'Those who are unemployed for prolonged periods should be conscripted into community service.'
11. 'Black Americans were better off during Jim Crow than they are now, all things considered'

1. Disagree, **** affirmative action, that's just racist policy. It disgusts me that we have government endorsed racial discrimination in the public sector and it needs to end. It's an affront to the idea of justice, individual rights, and individualism.
2. Show me someone who was harmed by the government and sure. But as it stands I don't think people who were never slaves should get reparations for slavery.
3. Eh... not really sure, I'd say the chief reason is irresponsible life decisions, such as dropping out of school and getting pregnant/getting someone else pregnant out of wedlock.
4. I'm a vegetarian, don't really think about it much, I'll decline to comment.
5. Not sure enough to make a statement I'd be willing to defend either way.
6. Agree
7. Absolute horseshit. If there is proof of discrimination take it to court we have laws for that already, but if women and men make a different amount of money in aggregate I don't give a shit. People make different decisions as individuals, there are inequalities of outcome, I don't view that as a problem. This is telling by the fact that a lot of companies that have committed to fighting the wage gap... still have the wage gap.
8. Absolutely 100% agree with the statement that there are only two genders. **** this social constructivist you get to force other people to accept a made-up identity bullshit.
9. Haven't given this enough thought to comment.
10. Honestly agree. The MSM has been pumping out absolute horseshit.
11. Absolutely disagree for obvious reasons... though the single motherhood rate was certainly better back then.
12. Disagree. I don't think the government should have a heavy hand in healthcare.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:11 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Disagree
2. Strongly Disagree
3. Agree
4. Disagree
5. Disagree
6. Strongly Disagree
7. Strongly Disagree
8. Agree
9. Strongly Agree
10. Agree
11. Strongly Agree, they aren't smart enough to think for themselves
12. Strongly Disagree

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:41 AM
Pessimystic is currently offline Click here to Send Pessimystic a Private Message Find more posts by Pessimystic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

@DMB
Are you a vegetarian because you care about animals or is it the supposed health benefits?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:50 AM
Pessimystic is currently offline Click here to Send Pessimystic a Private Message Find more posts by Pessimystic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It was about caring for animals when I was a small 3-5 year old child, at this point though I just don't really have the taste for meat and don't really give it a second thought cause it's just kinda routine at this point.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:52 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
It was about caring for animals when I was a small 3-5 year old child, at this point though I just don't really have the taste for meat and don't really give it a second thought cause it's just kinda routine at this point.
Can relate. Was raised as a muslim and hence didn't eat pork. Even though I have since renounced the religion many years ago, I refuse to voluntarily consume it. It's just sort-of routine. That and it's just plain disgusting with how oily/greasy it is. Yuck.

I abstain from processed red meat intake due to the sodium nitrites/nitrates being carcinogenic.

Red meat is not inherently bad for you, it's the grease and oil which can create problems. Definitely agree that this vegan thing is wanked even more so than climate change. If you've ever watched Vegan Gains on Youtube, you'd understand.

I'll eat anything with 2 feet or gills for days though.

Seriously though, how do you survive (in Texas nevertheless) as a vegetarian? I can picture you as a stereotypical skinny, pale lass.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:07 AM
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have since renounced the religion

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:13 AM
Flyattractor

1. 'There are some groups in society that are inherently more privileged than
others, and policies such as Affirmative Action are needed to bridge the gaps.'

Agree with the first half. Big DIS with the second half.

BIG DIS!!!!

Agree.

Dis. Humans have sharp canine teeth. Made for MEAT EATING!!!!!!!!

Sounds dirty to me.

DIS

Agree.

BIG FUHHING DIS! Mental Disorders and Delusions DO NOT = Made Up Genders.

Dis. We don't need to have those Lazy A-Holes getting paid to do nothing all day. Unless the person watching them do the work is carrying a gun..AND IS ALLOWED TO SHOOT THE LAZY MOFOS!!!!!

Agree.

Tough Call.

BIG FAT DIS ON THIS ONE!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:21 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Seriously though, how do you survive (in Texas nevertheless) as a vegetarian? I can picture you as a stereotypical skinny, pale lass.

Mostly on fruit and dairy kek.

It's actually kinda funny actually how incorrect your description is. I'm actually a stocky tan white guy with a mustache, beard, and deep voice.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 02:23 AM
MythLord
Diamond

I agree that there are inherently more privileged, but I don't neccessarily think Affirmative Action is the solution.

If it's recent, then sure, but if it's the long-gone past, then no.

It's not just laziness, no, and it's not the chief reason either.

Depends, really. There's a lot of cruelty towards animals in the food industry, which I'm against and I despise some meat like pork. But at the same time, I don't see much of a problem with it, either. It's certainly not "wrong" to consume meat.

I'd agree if the country was really in need, otherwise I'm against it.

Not sure how taxes would help, but yes climate change is being driven by human action and we should try and stabilize our environment.

If a woman feels she's being discriminated against in the workplace, then by all means she can take it to court.

Not including biological deviancies such as Turner's or Kline-Felter's syndrome, yes there are only two genders: male and female. You can be one, both or none(the latter two being possible through the deviations I mentioned earlier).

Not sure.

Again, it depends. There's a lot of left-wing bullsh!t that shames people just for being white, sure, but the mainstream media in-general just seems more diverse/accepting of others as oppose to hateful towards whites.

No.

I want healthcare to be affordable and accessable to everyone, but I'm not sure if that's applicable as of now.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:39 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Mostly on fruit and dairy kek.

It's actually kinda funny actually how incorrect your description is. I'm actually a stocky tan white guy with a mustache, beard, and deep voice.
ah so you're David Hodo then wink

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 10:19 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

1. Agree with the premise, disagree with the solution(Affirmative Action).
2. Disagree.
3. Disagree.
4. Disagree.
5. Disagree in majority of cases. Can see exceptions with places like Somalia or N. Korea.
6. Mostly agree.
7. Disagree.
8. Agree if we consider transgender people to be male/female and not a gender(s) in its own right.
9. I disagree with conscription on principle.
10. Mostly disagree.
11. Disagree.
12. Mostly agree.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 10:26 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote