KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What percentage of KMCers have some sort of personality/mental disorder?

What percentage of KMCers have some sort of personality/mental disorder?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's face it: plenty of us spend hours per week, maybe even per day, on a forums board that looks like it hasn't seen an update since the Bush administration. While any rational human being would've left this dying site, a select number of us choose to remain.

Now why is this? If I had to propose a few theories, one might be that nostalgia keeps the old-timers here; I'm talking about pre-2010 users. However, this nostalgia has evolved from a healthy dosage to an inability to let go of the past to where what goes on here controls their lives.

At the beginning of 2017 I posted a thread with a chart of the number of active users on the forums. Unsurprisingly, new member growth remained stagnant throughout the 3-month period. I spend the majority of my time in the Star Wars forums, so I can only speak for it when I say that the few users who do join appear to have some type of grotesque personality trait. Some seem to be borderline obsessed with a single character to where they attack anyone who says the smallest non-praising comment about them. This level of obsession is something that I would only expect to see among those with aspergers syndrome and other autism spectrum disorders.

From what I've observed, we have some members who give off the vibe that they rarely leave their residence to socialize and live in the real world. As a result, they have skewed perceptions on political issues and we see it in the form of racist and ignorant posts in the general discussion forums.

I'm going to stop now as I feel I'm beginning to not make sense.

Anyway, it should be said that not everyone on here is grotesqued. Some members—though not a majority—appear to have healthy lives and don't cling to these boards.

What do you have to add and what's your figure for the OP title?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 01:16 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

imo it hardly has anything to do with time spent here, i spend like, an hour daily max, and that's mainly while doing some more quality stuff like 3d graphics on the second screen, since i'm not so braindead as to not know this place is an unproductive waste of time similar to browsing memes smile and i'm still autistic and antisocial smile

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 01:24 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

A significant one, I suspect.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:04 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I have ptsd from the war.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 03:41 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I do not believe I have any unless Type IV ADD falls under what you're talking about.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 05:07 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote:

42%

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 05:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

about 3...3.50

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 05:16 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I have taken meds off and on for depression/anxiety, but I'm perfectly normal and likable socially. College educated and employed in the field of Physical Therapy.

I just like coming here because it's a place that you can be totally yourself without typical social restraints, and not only that, but also discuss interesting topics and express ideas and concepts that don't get discussed much in real life. Plus I consider myself a bit of a movie-buff, so it's nice to have a place to discuss them.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurkt
I spend the majority of my time in the Star Wars forums, so I can only speak for it when I say that the few users who do join appear to have some type of grotesque personality trait. Some seem to be borderline obsessed with a single character to where they attack anyone who says the smallest non-praising comment about them. This level of obsession is something that I would only expect to see among those with aspergers syndrome and other autism spectrum disorders.

quanchi immediately comes to mind. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 06:01 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I do struggle with bi-polar, but I'm working on that.

So far, while I do have periods where I'm not really myself, I can still cope well enough to blend into a social group without anybody noticing. It just tires me out to pretend, I suppose.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 09:47 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Badabing is definitely part of this spectrum.

#WhackAdoo

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 12:39 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I have taken meds off and on for depression/anxiety, but I'm perfectly normal and likable socially. College educated and employed in the field of Physical Therapy.

I just like coming here because it's a place that you can be totally yourself without typical social restraints, and not only that, but also discuss interesting topics and express ideas and concepts that don't get discussed much in real life. Plus I consider myself a bit of a movie-buff, so it's nice to have a place to discuss them.

quanchi immediately comes to mind. laughing out loud
Pt, eh ? I bet you have pitiful posture.

Believe it or not but I'm the same way irl, loser. I'd talk shit to you in real life just like on here.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 01:58 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

A common trend seems to be that we behave nothing like our IRL selves here, which I too can agree with. I'm comfortable being very open as my portrayal IRL is polar opposite of the neurotic, insecure, immature user here.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:14 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I tell good looking chicks I argue about this shit and dare them to judge me. Granted you can't pull this shit if you're not witty and cocky. You'll get eaten alive but if you have those gifts you can do whatever you want. I don't give a **** and I'll tell you this apprentice women appreciate you more if you truly don't care.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:24 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
I tell good looking chicks I argue about this shit and dare them to judge me. Granted you can't pull this shit if you're not witty and cocky. You'll get eaten alive but if you have those gifts you can do whatever you want. I don't give a **** and I'll tell you this apprentice women appreciate you more if you truly don't care.
I have no interest in women other than the one in my signature. Most are manipulative, blood-sucking fiends whose only purpose is to suck the life out of men for the purposes of raising off-spring. #MGTOW

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:31 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kurk
I have no interest in women other than the one in my signature. Most are manipulative, blood-sucking fiends whose only purpose is to suck the life out of men for the purposes of raising off-spring. #MGTOW
Use them for your needs then cast them aside. Once you learn how you'll see them more as objects than people. That's when the fun begins my apprentice.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:39 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Kurk, your projecting and overall kmc persona is kind of creepy.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:47 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Kurk, your projecting and overall kmc persona is kind of creepy.
Do not speak to my apprentice this way. You've been warned.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:50 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Your apprentice isn't even interested in real women, but cartoon child girls. There's nothing to save there my friend.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:53 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Your apprentice isn't even interested in real women, but cartoon child girls. There's nothing to save there my friend.
You judgmental douchebag who cares if he faps to toons. You're one of those who tries to be what some believe is "normal." You make me sick. You're a lemming.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 02:57 AM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by quanchi112
Believe it or not but I'm the same way irl, loser. I'd talk shit to you in real life just like on here.

Me too.

Your apprentice isn't even interested in real women, but cartoon child girls.

I LOLed.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 04:52 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote