KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » My "real" problem with liberals

My "real" problem with liberals
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

My "real" problem with liberals

https://techcrunch.com/2013/03/05/p...servative-wonk/

quote:
On gay marriage, Twitter was slightly more favorable (33% vs. 46%) but there was virtually zero negative sentiment on Twitter (44% vs. 8%), perhaps because it’s easier to silently judge someone’s lifestyle than say it in public.

quote:
A Conservative Wonk

When it comes to insider Washington opinion, Twitter’s liberals are noticeably silent. Few Twitter uses had nice things to say about his second inaugural speech, compared to the public, (48% vs. 13%) and there was virtually no support for the nomination of John Kerry (39% vs. 6%).

In both cases, in the “neutral” sentiment of Twitter is higher than positive sentiment (i.e. people don’t care), conservatives have an easier time on social media.

Basically, this helps confirm a suspicion I always had: Liberals tend to go for low hanging fruit (Celebrating gay marriage, bashing conservatives), but they rarely, if ever, put themselves out there in a way that can be criticized.

Conservatives, say what you will, speak their minds all the time. It's easy to go after someone who's telling you what's really on their minds.

With most Liberals I know, I can't even get an honest opinion about immigration reform. Say you think people should be deported, and they'll argue against it. Ask a straight question on what they think should be done to fix the issue, and you won't get a straight answer.

Do they support open boarders? Never got a yes or no on the topic from a liberal.

If we agree people her should already should not be deported, and if they don't support open boarders, then that creates an incentive to come here by any means necessary. What can be done to curtail that?

I've asked similar questions to a friend that works in Hollywood (Camera guy), and his answer was: "Fix the conditions that cause people to want to come here."

Basically a safe, untouchable non answer. How can you argue against that? You can't (Sure, you can scoff and accuse him having an impossible dream of wanting to fix the world, but then YOU look like the bad guy.)

Holding controversial or original opinions close to the chest IS a good tactic for winning arguments, as it makes you more difficult to attack. Just be very careful what you say, and go after anyone who expresses themselves with shaky/unpopular/barely explored opinions.

Good for winning arguments, but bad if you want to know what someone really thinks about a topics behind closed doors and in good company.

Frankly, it's deceptive. One face for the public, one for in private.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 01:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Jesus, auto-correct is worse then free styling it.

Open "boarders"? mad

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 01:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

"Do you support open borders?" --> no

"What can be done to curtail incentive to come illegally?" --> cracking down on businesses that hire undocumented workers, and making it easier to come legally would be a good start

that was easy

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 02:59 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Who woulda thunk it that we would have fallen even further down the media spiral, Noam Chomsky did:

Both the left and right obviously have bias but the left in the USA has more influence/more audience/more tools to distribute their ideas to the tech savy young audience.

Chomsky explains it all

Edward Bernays helped to create the world of propoganda we live in as well, another interesting fellow to check out if you have time.

It's easy to see how todays liberals are leading the path of propoganda and topics with their feelings and sjw groups.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 10:09 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: My "real" problem with liberals

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

Basically, this helps confirm a suspicion I always had: Liberals tend to go for low hanging fruit (Celebrating gay marriage, bashing conservatives), but they rarely, if ever, put themselves out there in a way that can be criticized.

Conservatives, say what you will, speak their minds all the time. It's easy to go after someone who's telling you what's really on their minds.

Bit of blanketing there on both, don't you think?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 10:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Threads that vaguely critque a variety of people aren't really worth being addressed.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 12:40 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Also again, Liberal is not the same with left-wing. There are people such as myself who are right-wing and liberal, and there are people such as marxists and critical race theorists on the left who are absolutely not liberal.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 12:54 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Threads that vaguely critque a variety of people aren't really worth being addressed.

Why did you respond then?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 04:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Liberals aint really the problem any more. It is the Leftist Progressives. They are the REAL Threat to Western Culture.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2018 11:03 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Surtur
Why did you respond then?

leave it to this site's biggest deflector to not understand the difference between responding and addressing someone's arguments.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 04:24 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

leave it to this site's biggest deflector to not understand the difference between responding and addressing someone's arguments.

And that is why everyone is starting to hate Liberals now.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 04:26 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Surtur is a lost cause.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 04:33 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Flyattractor

I felt the zing.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 10:08 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

With respect to the "not my liberals" criticism, which is true enough (Liberals and Conservatives are hardly homogenous within their own party), I'd like to post an old Huffpo article which talks about the kind of Democrats I'm talking about, who happen to be in power of the party:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/11537306

IMO, many of the issues raised are true. Limo-liberals use Republicans as a distraction, so no one notices they're living the high life, enjoying privilege and wealth, while not doing all that much more for the sake of the poor or the marginalized.

Republicans have a name for those who don't uphold their ideals: RINO's. Maybe it's time to start talking about DINO's.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 09:01 PM
Flyattractor

Kind of like how thee is ANOTHER GurVment Shut Down LOOMING but since it is being caused by the Democrats this time....We aint getting any of the "ITS THE END OF THE WORLD" Type response from the media.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 09:03 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by NewGuy01
"What can be done to curtail incentive to come illegally?" --> cracking down on businesses that hire undocumented workers, and making it easier to come legally would be a good start

Sounds great.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2018 11:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sounds good to me.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:55 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor

It's like their super power is a superhuman lack of self awareness.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 12:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Surtur
It's like their super power is a superhuman lack of self awareness.

I know, just look at our president.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 05:56 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by cdtm
With respect to the "not my liberals" criticism, which is true enough (Liberals and Conservatives are hardly homogenous within their own party), I'd like to post an old Huffpo article which talks about the kind of Democrats I'm talking about, who happen to be in power of the party:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/11537306

It's not so much that they "aren't my liberals" it's moreso that there are people on the left who are just definitionally not liberals in the same way a right-wing fascist is not a libertarian.

Really what I dislike is the term liberal being used to describe anyone whose left wing or a democrat.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2018 06:18 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote