KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US States Ranked by How Polite They Are

US States Ranked by How Polite They Are
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

US States Ranked by How Polite They Are

https://www.freshbooks.com/press/da...-is-most-polite

quote:
Where do the most polite business owners in America live? New research from FreshBooks reveals Oklahoma, Alabama and Ohio have the most polite small business owners in the country. FreshBooks recently analyzed customer data to uncover which small business owners (by state) are the most likely to use please or thank you on their invoices.

(please log in to view the image)

People often visited out of the country and talked about Oklahomans being "quite hospitable and kind" but I never know this was quantified.

Interesting. Do you have anecdotal evidence to support some of this list?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:43 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Texas at #9 FTW!!!!!

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:46 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

"Owners of small businesses who have "please" and "thank you" on their invoices" is a very specific set of qualifiers. Interesting little aggregate.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:47 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
"Small business owners" is an interesting qualifier. How very specific.

That's quite specific. That's why I want to read anecdotes.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 26th, 2018 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:48 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Missouri has a pretty big spectrum obviously from St louis, KC, Springfield area.

That said SW MO in the Springfield area is very polite and courteous, not so much in St Louis, KC is ok.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:49 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by dadudemon
You forgot the "please" and "thank you" parts, too. That's quite specific. That's why I want to read anecdotes.
Yeah I edited.

I wonder how big the sample size was for each state.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:50 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Yeah I edited.

I don't think it matters much as it's one of those snackable sidenote facts, it's kinda neat though.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:51 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yeah I edited.

I edited back at you. Now it reads almost okay except for the text we quoted of each others.

Oh, forgot: thank you.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Clearly done by a biased Oklahomo, just look at the percentage point gap between just 1st and 2nd place and then it's all down hill from there.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

From my experience, the most polite and gregarious people are from Oklahoma. I can talk to anyone and we act like pals...mostly.

Next up would be people from NYC. Though there is a larger...grumpiness factor going on with them. But you can chat up almost anyone in NYC.

Not so much anywhere else except for some parts in CA. In some parts, people are very friendly. In others, not so much. Hollister, Gilroy, and San Jose areas: quite friendly. San Fran: mostly assholes. Oakland: mosty assholes. LA and LA greater area, mix of huge assholes and nice people.

This is just my experience.

Texas people are just slightly less friendly versions of Oakies.

People from Alabama, especially the older women, are incredibly hospitable. They will feed the hell out of you (which makes you ready for church...damn good pun) for no damn reason, if you're polite to them.

People from Wymoning? No so friendly. But will hold a conversation.

I could go down the list. That would take forever. But I want more anecdotes like these.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:55 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Clearly done by a biased Oklahomo, just look at the percentage point gap between just 1st and 2nd place and then it's all down hill from their.

It was done by Canadians.

Oklahoma just...doesn't have much to offer except politeness, waning oil industry, and football.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:56 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It was 99% joking.

Do wonder if state population size is a factor, with OK being an outlier due having around 3-4mil, which would put it around the middle-range.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 10:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

It was 99% joking.

Do wonder if state population size is a factor, with OK being an outlier due having around 3-4mil, which would put it around the middle-range.

Connecticut has similar population size.

Some of the rudest pieces of shit I've ever known come from that state.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 12:08 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

The SF/Bay Area has a huge amount of Connecticut transplants.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 12:11 AM
dadudemon

The SF/Bay Area has a huge amount of Connecticut transplants.

Then that would explain my anecdotal experience about all the assholes there.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 12:13 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

50%ish of the time my wife meets a parent(s) from one of my kids' schoosl, they've moved here in the last 10-15 years or so for the weather and to start a family.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 12:14 AM
Impediment
Endless

Texans are polite AF.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 04:20 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

https://www.freshbooks.com/press/da...-is-most-polite

People often visited out of the country and talked about Oklahomans being "quite hospitable and kind" but I never know this was quantified.

Interesting. Do you have anecdotal evidence to support some of this list?

Shit I would have thought that Alabama would be down at the phucking bottom of the list? Maybe it depends on your ethnicity? Maybe if you were Black, Jewish, Mexican, Arabic, or gay the numbers would switch up a bit. Birmingham Alabama is one of the most racist place on the face of this earth.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 27th, 2018 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 06:00 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Impediment
Texans are polite AF.

Then why are you such a bag-of-dicks.

Checkmate, Atheists

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 06:01 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Connecticut has similar population size.

Some of the rudest pieces of shit I've ever known come from that state.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 06:46 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote