KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jordan Peterson vs. Cathy Newman

Jordan Peterson vs. Cathy Newman
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Jordan Peterson vs. Cathy Newman

I mean this is just hilarious.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:22 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Re: Jordan Peterson vs. Cathy Newman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I mean this is just hilarious.

So you're saying men brutalizing women is hilarious?

So you're saying men should have the right to have sex with any women they can violently overpower?

So you're saying women are property that we can have sex with without their consent and sell and trade to other men, and that this is hilarious to you?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 06:56 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 07:17 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was hilarious. She's half retarded. Why did the network even let this air?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"i have a phd, so my clinically marginal opinion and sweeping generalizations are fact"

have fun buying into this clown's dogshit and being a lonely angry ball of self pity for the rest of your lives. thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:15 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"i have a phd, so my clinically marginal opinion and sweeping generalizations are fact"

Yeah, that's clearly an accurate representation of the debate, lol.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:16 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

have fun buying into this clown's dogshit and being a lonely angry ball of self pity for the rest of your lives. thumb up
Holy shit you people really do exist.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:18 PM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

yes i am an agent of all that ruined your life. it was meeeeeeeee evil face

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:19 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Bashy is a Fasci!!!!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

yes i am an agent of all that ruined your life. it was meeeeeeeee evil face

Much like Newman you give your side a horrible name by doing no research on the subject and then making zero-substance sh*tposts that insult humanity's millennia-long study of logical reasoning.

Would you like me to make your case for you? Because I could do it much better.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Yeah, that's clearly an accurate representation of the debate, lol.

I love seeing Jordan trigger people.

^^Look how mad he is lol.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Does someone have a counter to the simple argument that differences in outcomes only prove differences in opportunity if you assume zero relevant biological differences between men and women, and that this is patently absurd? I'm honestly curious because Cathy didn't provide any but there are some smart people on these boards so I'd like to hear from them.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What I was fascinated by was the pity party they attempted to throw afterwards. Network said they needed to hire security because of "threats" against her.

The threats they listed were: people called her a b*tch, people called her an idiot, and people insulted her looks. None of those things are threats. Obviously they are not all the comments she received, but if you're going to go with the narrative people are threatening her, why didn't their examples include any?

But...she is an idiot.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:30 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Clearly someone isn't familiar with the content of his work, or the responses he gets from people, because one of the main themes of his work is to not be a lonely angry ball of self-pity for the rest of your life, and based on the overwhelming responses he's gotten of people saying his work helped them overcome that, I'd say "this clown's dogshit" has the exact opposite of the effect Bashar would predict.

(please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:30 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

That being said, full props to channel 4 for airing the whole debate unclipped instead of deceptively edited in Newman's favor.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:31 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Cathy strikes me as someone who has never read or studied a serious argument against her beliefs before. Not that I have anything against her personally because at least she hosted him.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Feb 7th, 2018 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:32 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Clearly someone isn't familiar with the content of his work, or the responses he gets from people, because one of the main themes of his work is to not be a lonely angry ball of self-pity for the rest of your life, and based on the overwhelming responses he's gotten of people saying his work helped them overcome that, I'd say "this clown's dogshit" has the exact opposite of the effect Bashar would predict.

(please log in to view the image)

He reminds me of the morons who label Sargon alt right or Ben Shapiro a nazi.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:33 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I've seen the media label Sam Harris alt-right lmfao

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:34 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Even if you're centerleft and not willing to go along with the progressive dogshit you get labeled Alt-right lmfao

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:37 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Even if you're centerleft and not willing to go along with the progressive dogshit you get labeled Alt-right lmfao

I remember one time asking why churches were allowed to give sanctuary to illegals. The response I got was "only a nazi would ask that".

Note this didn't happen here.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:40 PM