KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Who are the "leaders" of society?

Who are the "leaders" of society?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Who are the "leaders" of society?

And how would you define a "leader"?

A typical answer usually includes scientists, artists and such. Great achievers, certainly.

I'm not so sure I'd consider leaders, though. A scientist or artist generally anwers to higher authority.. Whether it's a board of trustees, a company that employs them (For, say, pharmaceutical development), a government agency.

I suppose they lead in the sense that they're important producers, but that's not my definition of "a leader".. By my definition, leaders embody authority. They command, others follow. And they're where the buck stops at.. The final word, the most important decisions, the most important person in any given room.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is a great leader.

https://goo.gl/7puJ6U

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:10 AM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Glorious leaders are the only true leaders.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm my own leader; myself and my fictional idols.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 01:12 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Who are the "leaders" of society?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
And how would you define a "leader"?

A typical answer usually includes scientists, artists and such. Great achievers, certainly.

I'm not so sure I'd consider leaders, though. A scientist or artist generally anwers to higher authority.. Whether it's a board of trustees, a company that employs them (For, say, pharmaceutical development), a government agency.

I suppose they lead in the sense that they're important producers, but that's not my definition of "a leader".. By my definition, leaders embody authority. They command, others follow. And they're where the buck stops at.. The final word, the most important decisions, the most important person in any given room.

Scientists and artists lead people into new ways of thinking. They don't lead by telling others what to do. They lead by showing others what is possible.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 01:47 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Re: Who are the "leaders" of society?

Originally posted by jaden101
Scientists and artists lead people into new ways of thinking. They don't lead by telling others what to do. They lead by showing others what is possible.

I agree, to a point.

At the end of the day, even most artists and scientists are slaves to things like internal politics and personal ambition.

A person that cues cancer would change the world.... for the very rich. The cure won't be given away for free.

The scientist doesn't cue cancer because he's an altruist. He does for fame and presteige.

A real leader would break capitalism, and bring on a utopia. (Don't tell me it's impossible or indesirable. We're talking leaders, not followers you follower. stick out tongue )

...full disclosure, this entire topic was inspired by the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy radio show. It's pretty awesome. thumb up

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 02:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If only KMC had actual "Leadership" .

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 11:17 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Who are the "leaders" of society?

The scientist doesn't cue cancer because he's an altruist. He does for fame and presteige.

I've read some total manure on these forums but this is up there with the biggest turds of them all.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 12:12 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are the "leaders" of society?

I've read some total manure on these forums but this is up there with the biggest turds of them all.

Sure, why not?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 05:12 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up Beautifully said

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 07:03 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yet they have no problems working and taking money from said people that DO!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 08:06 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who are the "leaders" of society?

Sure, why not?

This is the 1927 Solvay Conference. The photograph with arguably the most famous scientists ever.

How many can you name?

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by jaden101 on Feb 25th, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 11:49 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Is that Hitler!?

On a more serious note, I think Mileva and Tesla are the only things missing for that to be the smartest picture in existance.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 12:05 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I agree. thumb up

No idea what his point is supposed to be, but it's an impressive lineup.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 04:14 PM
Jack-Tha-King

Oprah. She's both black and female, she simply can't lose.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 04:26 PM
Jack-Tha-King is currently offline Click here to Send Jack-Tha-King a Private Message Find more posts by Jack-Tha-King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree. thumb up

You said Scientists are in it for fame and prestige. Think about that statement for a moment and then look at the picture.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 05:07 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

In modern America it's banks, corporations, and celebrities

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 05:18 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Firefly218
You said Scientists are in it for fame and prestige. Think about that statement for a moment and then look at the picture.

Thatís partly true.

Look at what Einstein and a few scientist gave to us in the form of the Manhattan project. Donít tell me they went on that project with believing theyíre helping mankind.

Look at Edison. The man was a fake. The man had few personal creations, everything else where patented from his assistance. Thatís one of the reason Tesla left his ass. Edison even sold himself to the government.

Form what Iíve read on Tesla, he was one of th few scientist that wasnít in it for the money, but for the betterment of mankind.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 05:43 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

You have to realize some scientists do seek fame and recognition, but you shouldn't confuse that with like....being a movie star. They seek that fame, etc. within the scientific community. Scientists tend not to give a shit what non scientists think of them.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 06:00 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree. thumb up

And yet you show that photo to people and they could pick out Einstein and that's about it.

But yeah. They do it for the fame.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 06:22 PM