KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Millennials in the Workplace

Millennials in the Workplace
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Millennials in the Workplace

Interesting insights on the issue:

Agree or disagree with him?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 03:24 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some make a good cup of tea, others not so much.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 03:52 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Millennials in the Workplace

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stigma

He is making the same mistake everyone does when they talk about "millennials": they don't exist.

It's a lame label.

The problems he talks abuot are problems that everyone has, not just a particular age demographic. I see more of those "millenial" traits in "Gen X" aged people, especially the narcissistic social media bullshit.

But I also see the problems he is talking about. A large generation of people are growing up addicted to their phones.

And the meetings? People need to put their damn phones away in the meetings, for sure. They need to close their laptops and pay attention.

I gave a presentation to the entire company at work earlier this week. The man that needed to see the presentation the most was doing shit on his laptop the entire time.

It was the young people engaged and listening to my presentation. It was also the millennial leaders in the company engaged with me on my presentation. Not him. His age? Early 50s.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Millenials in the Workplace: Little experience usually and somewhat incompetent.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:08 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Whats a Millennial?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:10 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Millenials in the Workplace: Little experience usually and somewhat incompetent.
i think that's always been part of the first world human condition. people typically come out of 4 year colleges, professionally semi-incompetent in their field. it's tradition.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:16 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i think that's always been part of the first world human condition. people typically come out of 4 year colleges, professionally semi-incompetent in their field. it's tradition.

Elders love to talk about how they set up shop without even knowing what their wares were. Like for a mom and pop store, a customer would have to point out the cold cuts she wanted, because he had no clue what was what (Even though he bought the stuff.)

Things haven't changed on that front, the difference is who's a better liar about their experience, and who's better at faking it/figuring things out on the fly.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Millennials in the Workplace

Originally posted by Stigma

I don't think it's useful to talk about an entire generations failings, without comparing them to some realistic standard.

As far as I could see, everyone everywhere has made it up as they went, and then just picked up the smartest people they could who can figure their duties out on their own, without bothering them about it..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Re: Millennials in the Workplace

Originally posted by dadudemon
He is making the same mistake everyone does when they talk about "millennials": they don't exist.

It's a lame label.

The problems he talks abuot are problems that everyone has, not just a particular age demographic. I see more of those "millenial" traits in "Gen X" aged people, especially the narcissistic social media bullshit.

But I also see the problems he is talking about. A large generation of people are growing up addicted to their phones.

And the meetings? People need to put their damn phones away in the meetings, for sure. They need to close their laptops and pay attention.

I gave a presentation to the entire company at work earlier this week. The man that needed to see the presentation the most was doing shit on his laptop the entire time.

It was the young people engaged and listening to my presentation. It was also the millennial leaders in the company engaged with me on my presentation. Not him. His age? Early 50s.

I'm surprised they tolerate this during a meeting..

I know a lot of places do this, but it's a recipe for dysfunctional business practices..

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 08:33 PM
snowdragon

Re: Re: Millennials in the Workplace

Originally posted by dadudemon

He just said you hold little value.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 09:20 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Millennials in the Workplace

True

Originally posted by cdtm

I know a lot of places do this, but it's a recipe for dysfunctional business practices..
True, doesn't sound a very professional company.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 09:33 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by snowdragon
He just said you hold little value.

I would feel bad but he does it in every meeting and every con-call including clients. He's just........distracted.

He's the "millennial" type that dude in the video describes. He drops out of the office everyday around 4 or 5 even if there's lots of shit still to do (he's salaried).

This is part of why I don't buy into the "millennial" concept. No, it's just selfish, narcissistic humans.

Last edited by dadudemon on Feb 24th, 2018 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 09:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm

It's pretty terrible that the KiK using, snapchatting, facebooking, tweeting, WhatsApping, instagramming, redditting, pinteresting young people have better attention spans than the older adults.

The guy I replaced had a "no phones or laptops out during my meetings" rule. If it wasn't for the fact that I need people in my meetings to have access to information during meetings, I'd bring back that rule.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 09:40 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I give written warnings for it the first time and dock salary the next. It's always the under 35's who are the worst in my experience.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 09:44 PM
Flyattractor

Working with "Millies'" pretty much sucks.

Its like working with a case of nitroglycerin. Shake it in just the wrong way and it will explode....in an explosion of whiny shit filled snowflake annoyance.

Yeah. You grew up watching Anime. That don't make you Great.

SHUT THE **** UP YOU LITTLE ASSHATS!!!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 11:09 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

revealing line of attack. starblazers, robotech, voltron, speed racer, battle of the planets, etc. americans have been growing up with anime since the 60's. wow you're old af, aint you?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 11:13 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

revealing line of attack. starblazers, robotech, voltron, speed racer, battle of the planets, etc. americans have been growing up with anime since the 60's. wow you're old af, aint you?

Yeah. Point just proved.

Go cry in your Snowflakes and keep your MILLY SHIT to your self for once.

Oh and also....That list of "Anime" you just listed.....That aint really ANIME!

Those are Japanese Cartoons compared to the PHUCKTARD HIPSTER shit that is Modern ANIMIE!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 11:17 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah. Point just proved.

Go cry in your Snowflakes and keep your MILLY SHIT to your self for once.

Oh and also....That list of "Anime" you just listed.....That aint really ANIME!

Those are Japanese Cartoons compared to the PHUCKTARD HIPSTER shit that is Modern ANIMIE!!!!!!

yes those are anime, and you're a junkie who's old enough to be my grandpa.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 11:23 PM
Flyattractor

You are Phobic against The Older Generations.

You are indeed a Whiny Little Milly.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 11:28 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm generation Z for some reason

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 11:29 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote