KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What do you do when you go to the theatre ?

What do you do when you go to the theatre ?
Started by: Gundark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gundark
Mayhem

What do you do when you go to the theatre ?

Okay, SW fans, bare your secrets ! After the standing in line part, do you hit the concession first, or head straight for the best seat. Popcorn (with genuine imitation butter food product) or not ? Candy ? Do you go with friends ? By yourself ?

Me & my brother always go together, however I saw ANH in the theatre 23 times the summer of 77. 21 times I went by myself. The first was with my parents (yikes ! I was 14 then.) The second was with a girlfriend. The rest of the trilogy I saw with my brother, who is a big fan also.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 09:04 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I used to go alone a lot when I was younger, then I only went with my girlfriend and later to be wife. But since we have kids going together is not always very convenient. So going alone or with a friend is quite usual. But I am not by far reaching the quotum I would like to reach in going to the theatre. But now..... there's DVD. smile

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2001 10:35 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I saw TPM and the Special Editions with my dad cause he is a big fan like me. We ususally sit in the back cause to many cheer and talk and stuff up closer. We just sit back, drink are Coke's that we smuggles in, and watch some great movies.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 01:53 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Cool. My dad took me to ANH in 1977 along with the rest of the family. And then to ESB and ROTJ. Then when TPM came along, I invited him to go with me. I felt that he should see these ones as well in the theatre.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 03:24 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I went to see TPM with my brother and his friends, who saw the originals in the movies. Somehat of a reverential air there. I didn't mind, I've adopted my brtoher's tatse for movies. Led to plenty of amusing moments, like my brother's friend threatening to dump his girlfriend (they are now married) if she didn't get out the bloody toilets (this was five minutes before the national release premiere), and then insisting everyone watches all of the credits, becuase the movie wasn't over yet.

And, in the long term, hating TPM and all that it stood for. Nice guy, though.

Anyhow. Point is, Star Wars watching has proven such an intense experience that I found anything other than getting to out seats and watching in awe impossible... any food I would have tried to eat would have just fallen back out again...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 03:31 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

I never go on my own. Always with my botfriend or some friends or even with my parents sometimes (been a while though!) I hate to admit it but I wasnt even born in 77 but when the special edition hit the cinemas, I was in there before you could say Luke Skywalker and then back again and again and again. I think I went nearly 15 times before I ran out of people to go with! All my friends think I am so sad. Well all but one and he is a big fan too but then he is from Connecticut so he's a little odd anyway. Bless him!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:42 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Re: ...

Hey! We're your friends, and it would be a bit silly if we thought you were sad,,,

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:43 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe we're all sad. laughing out loud

I like going alone actually. At least no one bugs me about wanting to see the entire credits.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:45 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, but you miss out on the hiliarity of it all...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:57 AM
queeq
Chaos

I've just about heard all their lines. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:59 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

I always watched all the credits. My sister and I would sit there and hum alog to them getting very strange looks from the staff but we didnt care! If you know it off by heart then why hide it right?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 04:59 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Why don't we ALL go to see the next one? Two-to-one vote here makes the venue Britain. I'm sure you can leave your drugs and tulips for a day, queeq?

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 05:03 AM
queeq
Chaos

How nice. And did you do the heavy breathing at the end of TPM as well? laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 05:03 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually, at least that made me think I had sat there for SOMETHING...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 05:06 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

No but we sang along to duel of the fates. Yes my sister sings too. She is in the choral society at university and she sings at the royal albert hall. Now knowing Duel of the fates off by heart really is sad!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 05:08 AM
queeq
Chaos

Not really, I know most of SW music by heart.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 05:09 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You can sing in sanscript? That was the language of DOTF, wasn't it?

How about that joint cinema visit, guys?

BtVS

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 05:11 AM
queeq
Chaos

Sure. When? laughing out loud

The lyrics to DOTF can be found on the net somewhere.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 05:13 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Yep!

I sing in sanskrit. Well there are only about 5 words so it isnt difficult.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 05:13 AM
queeq
Chaos

Re: Yep!

Kora. Kora. Kora. Kora and something. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2001 05:15 AM