KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How Obamacare changed American incomes

How Obamacare changed American incomes
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

How Obamacare changed American incomes

(please log in to view the image)

https://www.axios.com/aca-affordabl...4b0c0e398a.html

At least as far as this analysis goes, the ACA helped more people than it hurt. Whether you want to call it “redistributing wealth” or “reducing income inequality,” the ACA achieved it. Or, in CBO’s words, the law “made household income more evenly distributed.”

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:35 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's just miss out 30% of the population from the graph because they were - numbers probably because even less than 0.5% change would still show up visually as seen by the middle quintile.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:41 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Let's just miss out 30% of the population from the graph because they were - numbers probably because even less than 0.5% change would still show up visually as seen by the middle quintile.
It's a barebones graph to illustrate ACA's affect on the poor

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:46 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah. It's trying to mislead by missing out 20% of the population under the assertion that the impact on them is so negligible it would barely show up on the graph.

That sets alarm bells ringing.

Without even knowing the data I would be willing to bet that it was a negative effect on them and given that you don't have to be super rich to fall into that percentile then it wouldn't be looked on favourably. The only reason the top 1% is shown is because **** those money grabbing assholes. No one would be sympathetic to them losing their money. Small business owners or self employed tradesmen on the other hand. They could easily fall into the missing income brackets.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:03 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
Nah. It's trying to mislead by missing out 20% of the population under the assertion that the impact on them is so negligible it would barely show up on the graph.

That sets alarm bells ringing.

Without even knowing the data I would be willing to bet that it was a negative effect on them and given that you don't have to be super rich to fall into that percentile then it wouldn't be looked on favourably. The only reason the top 1% is shown is because **** those money grabbing assholes. No one would be sympathetic to them losing their money. Small business owners or self employed tradesmen on the other hand. They could easily fall into the missing income brackets.
Ok fair point. But even if it does effect that 20% segment of the population negatively, it does so to a less significant degree than it helps the poor.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:09 PM
dadudemon

Great thread.

As I've said, Obamacare needed to be a true Universal Healthcare option. Imagine that chart if we had UHC? Imagine how much productivity we'd get out of our poor and working class Americans if they could get healthcare for free?

I want my employees productive, active, and healthy. When they are healthy, work gets done. They are happier. We make more money. It's quite simple. I need UHC to better run the business. no expression

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:46 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by dadudemon
Great thread.

As I've said, Obamacare needed to be a true Universal Healthcare option. Imagine that chart if we had UHC? Imagine how much productivity we'd get out of our poor and working class Americans if they could get healthcare for free?

I want my employees productive, active, and healthy. When they are healthy, work gets done. They are happier. We make more money. It's quite simple. I need UHC to better run the business. no expression

I agree I was very opposed to Obamacare and the mechanisms they were going to put in place and the language they used to sell it.

Republicans need a paradigm shift in how they view the economy if you want a more productive economy you take care of the people that produce the goods and services.

When the people that are producing the goods and services are constantly struggling to take care of their families and looking at their budgets deciding if they can afford to pay for an illness/injury or keep food on the table or get new tires on the car, you have a problem.

We would do better to put a focus on production/GDP by taking care of our citizens and not corporations and wall street.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 11:09 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hillary2020
Restricted

Account Restricted

Single payer health care is moral. Look how the ACA lowered costs and made health care more available. It's not like the Communists and Nazis took over health care as one of their first actions. smile

Old Post Mar 31st, 2018 05:26 PM
Hillary2020 is currently offline Click here to Send Hillary2020 a Private Message Find more posts by Hillary2020 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jill Stein
Restricted

Account Restricted

Healthcare is not something that needs to exist at all. When I get sick I simply rub dirt and leaves on my naked body. It has never failed.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 08:33 PM
Jill Stein is currently offline Click here to Send Jill Stein a Private Message Find more posts by Jill Stein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sound Medical Advice from Dr. KooKooMachoo!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 08:34 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jill Stein
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do you attract flys? Did you know flys are naturally attracted to the sugar in human feces and thus are among the sweetest insects when eaten. Of course you should never eat a fly because it is cruel. They are kind hearted animals that go out of their way to help those in need and share their droppings. I’m a doctor.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 08:37 PM
Jill Stein is currently offline Click here to Send Jill Stein a Private Message Find more posts by Jill Stein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So that is what attracted you to this then?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 08:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hildabeast 2020
Restricted

Account Restricted

She's a doctor. The thread is about Obamacare. Do the math idiot. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 09:27 PM
Hildabeast 2020 is currently offline Click here to Send Hildabeast 2020 a Private Message Find more posts by Hildabeast 2020 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badasucks1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Phuck you Badabing

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:24 PM
Badasucks1 is currently offline Click here to Send Badasucks1 a Private Message Find more posts by Badasucks1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote