KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » London Murders Exceed NYC

London Murders Exceed NYC
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

London Murders Exceed NYC

quote:
February marked the first month the UK capital saw more murders than New York, with 15 dead (nine aged 30 or younger).

According to the report in the Sunday Times, London also suffered 22 fatal stabbings and shootings in March, higher than the 21 in the Big Apple.

Both cities have similarly sized populations of around 8.5m people. New York City's murder rate has decreased by around 87 per cent since the 1990s.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...d-a3803566.html

To me, this is a bit surprising. I think London has great law enforcement. But that’s not the whole picture when it comes to murders, of course.

Why is London recently like this and NYC, yesteryear’s murder city, dropping?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 02:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I blame the bad food.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 02:57 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

I put the blame on Piggles!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:22 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Police in the UK has had huge cuts. London has always been a very violent city amongst young people. Gentrification has no worked and just created a greater divide. Spousal murders have gone up in the UK due to very one-sided family law. Large estates where really on the people on the estates have any reason to go has meant they are really laws unto themselves as the majority are not interested and as a result youth gangs have risen. An increase in outside gangs especially from Africa and Eastern Europe has led to turf wars for low-level drugs and prostitution. In Dartford not long ago a torture chamber being used by Romanians on Romanians was found etc. Really it's a failiure of central Government Policy and the two terms of Boris Johnson as Mayor.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:24 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

This is **** up.

As per the question. Britain as a whole may not have alot of shootings, but their stabbings and acid attacks were always up there. It’s been documented that the police have doctored crimes in Britain because the local government once to keep it quiet.

I’ve also heard gangs are pretty up there.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:29 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty much and actually, even getting a gun is relatively easy if you want one.

Shotguns are 300 quid
A semi-automatic with silencer about 1500

Expensive but available.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:33 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Both cities have similarly sized populations of around 8.5m people. New York City's murder rate has decreased by around 87 per cent since the 1990s.

Wow, that's really impressive on NY's part.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 05:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Pretty much and actually, even getting a gun is relatively easy if you want one.

Shotguns are 300 quid
A semi-automatic with silencer about 1500

Expensive but available.

1500 with a silencer is not that bad really. Buddy and I made an AR, and it cost me only 1100.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 05:58 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by SquallX
I made an AR

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 06:10 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
1500 with a silencer is not that bad really. Buddy and I made an AR, and it cost me only 1100.
Year that's 1500 sterling not dollars.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 06:37 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

NYC and London are not really the same size, London is the centre of the South of England Urban Sprawl which many people consider a mega city of around 20 million.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 06:38 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...d-a3803566.html

To me, this is a bit surprising. I think London has great law enforcement. But that’s not the whole picture when it comes to murders, of course.

Why is London recently like this and NYC, yesteryear’s murder city, dropping?

But they have less gun deaths! This is what matters.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 12:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

NYC and London are not really the same size, London is the centre of the South of England Urban Sprawl which many people consider a mega city of around 20 million.

I respect this outlook, and you know why? Because it's not like people are weasels and never compare our country to other countries when it comes to guns...despite the population differences and the difference in the number of firearms.

So yeah, respect thumb up

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 12:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 01:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great article. Oh, my favorite part? So many to choose from, but it is this part:

"Make informed decisions. Become an FT subscriber. "

Top notch.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 01:57 PM
dadudemon

The Police in the UK has had huge cuts. London has always been a very violent city amongst young people. Gentrification has no worked and just created a greater divide. Spousal murders have gone up in the UK due to very one-sided family law. Large estates where really on the people on the estates have any reason to go has meant they are really laws unto themselves as the majority are not interested and as a result youth gangs have risen. An increase in outside gangs especially from Africa and Eastern Europe has led to turf wars for low-level drugs and prostitution. In Dartford not long ago a torture chamber being used by Romanians on Romanians was found etc. Really it's a failiure of central Government Policy and the two terms of Boris Johnson as Mayor.

Very nice write-up and summary. I had this discussion last 'night' with one of my former employees who lives in London. She did not get into this much nuance but she did mention the immigration and the violent crimes committed by first and second gen immigrants. She also mentioned the young people issue and the declining policing efficacy due to budget cuts. Which is sad: world-renowned police force in London Proper. Or at least they used to be. Some of their forensic expertise and best practices, with specific cases, are studied in college for forensic majors here in the US. To go from being among the best police in the world to what you describe is a bit sad.

thumb up

That's called a Megalopolis. And NYC and the surrounding area is also at around 20 million (20.3 million).

This is also part of why London and NYC have been compared for many decades (I remember reading comparisons from as far back as the 1800s in a History class, from a newspaper from London called "The Times") in many ways: immigration, population sizes, economics, crime, and housing.

When you get to cities like Tokyo, Shanghai, and Mexico City, however, it gets absurd.

Last edited by dadudemon on Apr 2nd, 2018 at 02:57 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 02:53 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badasucks1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Phuck you Badabing

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:21 PM
Badasucks1 is currently offline Click here to Send Badasucks1 a Private Message Find more posts by Badasucks1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote