KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Role Playing games

Role Playing games
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Role Playing games

I have never understood the appeal of these on or offline. I would be really interested to learn who on here plays them and what they enjoy about them.

Help me out here, I hear DMB likes to have a large wizards sleeve.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:18 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This coming from a Leftist Fascist is RICH!

Pretending and Living in a Fantasy Make Believe World is something the LEFT does an AWFUL LOT OF!!!!!!

*See all the Trump/Russia Collusion Thread for Examples*

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I love offline RPGs that are well-done.

They are excellent.

I especially love FPS RPGs. In my top three games of all time is Fallout: New Vegas.

Here's what I enjoy about them: It's similar to the feeling of exploring in the woods, as a kid. But it is many times more complicated than that. You can become stronger and conquer enemies that were out of reach. You can find gear that makes you stronger so you can explore new lands. Some of them have amazing stories. So if you enjoy good stories in movies or TV shows...wouldn't you like to play in a game that has similar stories but have a bit of control on the direction the plot goes? Also, one of my favorites is taking my damn time, climbing up a hill and sniping a bad guy from far away. A bad guy that could one-hit kill me if I get in close.

It's the same reasons people love books, comic books, etc.

Last edited by dadudemon on Apr 10th, 2018 at 05:24 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
This coming from a Leftist Fascist is RICH!

Pretending and Living in a Fantasy Make Believe World is something the LEFT does an AWFUL LOT OF!!!!!!

*See all the Trump/Russia Collusion Thread for Examples*
So Fly are you like Surt a WoW fan?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:21 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nope. That kind of Game is for Nerds and Twerps.

I bet you go gah gah for the Big Green Man Trolls running around all shirtless in that game. Don't ya PootyButt!?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:24 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope. That kind of Game is for Nerds and Twerps.

I bet you go gah gah for the Big Green Man Trolls running around all shirtless in that game. Don't ya PootyButt!?
I've never played it, so I wouldn't know. You though clearly have.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:25 PM
dadudemon

What's wrong with that?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:25 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by dadudemon
What's wrong with that?

Ask his dry cleaner.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:26 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love offline RPGs that are well-done.

They are excellent.

I especially love FPS RPGs. In my top three games of all time is Fallout: New Vegas.

Here's what I enjoy about them: It's similar to the feeling of exploring in the woods, as a kid. But it is many times more complicated than that. You can become stronger and conquer enemies that were out of reach. You can find gear that makes you stronger so you can explore new lands. Some of them have amazing stories. So if you enjoy good stories in movies or TV shows...wouldn't you like to play in a game that has similar stories but have a bit of control on the direction the plot goes? Also, one of my favorites is taking my damn time, climbing up a hill and sniping a bad guy from far away. A bad guy that could one-hit kill me if I get in close.

It's the same reasons people love books, comic books, etc.

I see DDM, do you still play them now? Do you dress up to play them, if so which character do you play?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:26 PM
dadudemon

Ask his dry cleaner.

Oh. That makes sense. But his dry cleaner has a sign posted outside the shop that says, "£1 extra for 'biological residue" per item."

So capitalism is working and everyone wins.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:28 PM
dadudemon

Dammit, cannot edit. no expression

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:28 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I see DDM, do you still play them now? Do you dress up to play them, if so which character do you play?

Yes, I play them, still. But I don't have much time to play games.

I don't play a particular character. I do not do the "man playing as a beautiful busty elfa" type, either.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:30 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dammit, cannot edit. no expression
That's fine, any sign where I am is in SAR anyway and my Indian houseboy (knows this comment is a mistake and laughs) deals with my laundry.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:30 PM
dadudemon

That's fine, any sign where I am is in SAR anyway and my Indian houseboy (knows this comment is a mistake and laughs) deals with my laundry.

SAR? Hong Kong or Macau? I'm assuming Hong Kong. And there's nothing wrong with having hired help. It's exactly what someone should be doing in your situation if you have the extra funds. I pay people to mow my lawn and I am considering hiring a maid to dust and clean the floors in my house.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I Played D&D in middle school and then for a couple years in my early 20's, loved it. It was a combo of the fantasy adventure and the camaraderie with a group of good friends.

Also an a fan on role-playing games, last one I played was Tyranny, it was single player and not online, was decent overall. But I am also a fan of online RP games, but it's been a very long time since I've partaken in one.

Truth be told, there's a Gamescape (gaming store) not far from where I live where every Wednesday they host a D&D night (other nights have other games) and they welcome walk-ins. I've considering doing it, but Wednesday is one of my work-out/gym days and 50% of why I enjoyed D&D was spending time with good friends, which I wouldn't have.

This though, I've never done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

SAR? Hong Kong or Macau? I'm assuming Hong Kong. And there's nothing wrong with have hired help. It's exactly what someone should be doing in your situation if you have the extra funds. I pay people to mow my lawn and I am considering hiring a maid to dust and clean the floors in my house.
Saudi Arabian. I get a houseboy and driver as part of my package. I had an excellent Filipino maid in Egypt and a very good Vietnamese girl in Singapore.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:34 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I Played D&D in middle school and then for a couple years in my early 20's, loved it. It was a combo of the fantasy adventure and the camaraderie with a group of good friends.

Also an a fan on role-playing games, last one I played was Tyranny, it was single player and not online, was decent overall. But I am also a fan of online RP games, but it's been a very long time since I've partaken in one.

Truth be told, there's a Gamescape (gaming store) not far from where I live where every Wednesday they host a D&D night (other nights have other games) and they welcome walk-ins. I've considering doing it, but Wednesday is one of my work-out/gym days and 50% of why I enjoyed D&D was spending time with good friends, which I wouldn't have.
Yes, the gym gets more and more important the older we get, tbh I would go mad without it.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:36 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't play them as much anymore, but role-playing games as kid always kept my imagination and creativity sharp—something I still continue to do as an adult. It's definitely an asset with entrepreneurship.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:37 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Saudi Arabian. I get a houseboy and driver as part of my package. I had an excellent Filipino maid in Egypt and a very good Vietnamese girl in Singapore.

Oh, the only Special Administrative Regions I was aware of are the two I mentioned. You did mention you were in Arab lands so I should have known you meant those. But I don't know anything about those and assumed you meant you transferred.

Regardless, I hope you are kind to your house-help. Some of them have a very tough life and if there is one good boss to work for out of the 10 in a row that were shit, then you've spread a bit of good karma into the world.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:37 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard

This though, I've never done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Dude, that's awesome (Gamescape D&D thing). So you live IN San Fran proper?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 05:40 PM