KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Air Force - retarded?

US Air Force - retarded?
Started by: JKBart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

US Air Force - retarded?

(please log in to view the image)

It has far less Lieutenants of both ranks than it has Captains. It has nearly the same amount of Majors as it has Captains. It has 3320 Colonels for its roughly 330k personnel. One Colonel for 100 soldiers. One Colonel for freaking 100 guys.

Imo burn it down and restart the ranks.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Last edited by JKBart on Apr 19th, 2018 at 01:40 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 01:38 AM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Who cares if the hierarchy is neat? It gets the job done.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 01:43 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

laughing

I think you’re looking too far into this?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 01:44 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

no
the rank distribution is so dumb it hurts my OCD

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 01:48 AM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

In a fight it would bolostomp any other air force so hard it’s not even funny, so it can get away with sh*t like this

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 03:20 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

2Lts and Lts typically only stay those ranks for a few years each. Once they hit Captain, most officers tend to stay that rank for a long time. It's the first officer rank of any real worth, and it showcases a minimum time in.

I'm not 100% on how the USAF works, but I know the RCAF requires every pilot to be an officer. The USAF has quite a few aircraft so that might account for a bit of the bloated officer numbers. Most other Air Force NCMs likely being aircrew or technical crew. It's just not the same environment or requirement as an Army platoon of NCMs led by a single officer.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 03:49 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I blame the Leftist Democrats and using the Military for their Social Engineering Experiment.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 06:14 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Sometimes, it's about payscale and the title.

And the Lord Lucian is right about the captain thing and officer pilot thing.

Also the USAF needs to redo their ranks because it should have naval ranks, not army ranks.

https://www.federalpay.org/military/air-force/ranks

https://www.federalpay.org/military/army/ranks

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 01:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If Sailors were meant to fly they wouldn't float so well.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 06:58 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Also the USAF needs to redo their ranks because it should have naval ranks, not army ranks.

Agreed. "Sky Admiral" needs to be a thing

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 07:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If the real world is to transition into science fiction we need to start treating outer space like an infinite ocean. Colonel Picard just doesn't have the same ring to it as Captain. Or Fleet Admiral. Or Grand Admiral!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 08:51 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

USAF NCM ranks and insignias hurt my brain and eyes. Those are so goddamn confusing. Too many chevrons. 11 ranks, but only two distinct "rank" words between them. Seven of which are some form of sergeant. The f*ck?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 08:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Starfleet uses ranks similar to the US Navy's. They did away with "Seaman" and added "Crewman" for the entry ranks.

Wish they would have keep the "Chief" designations. eg "Master Chief"

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 09:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Starfleet uses ranks similar to the US Navy's. They did away with "Seaman" and added "Crewman" for the entry ranks.

Right, I liked it. It's what happens when military nerds sit down and think about stuff...and come up with a legit system.

Fleet Admiral DOES sound better than Super Sergeant Colonel General or whatever the hell they use in the USAF.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 09:34 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard

Starfleet doesn't use ANYTHING because Starfleet IS NOT REAL!

It is a Made up Fictional Entity.

*Robbie is reported for using Fake material in a conversation*

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 11:13 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

British intelligence also uses naval ranks, at least, that's what Commander Bond tells me.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 11:31 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I thought Bond was supposed to be an actual officer in the Navy, and that that was his official face or role in the government. The spy stuff was just super secret squirrel stuff.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 01:09 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
2Lts and Lts typically only stay those ranks for a few years each. Once they hit Captain, most officers tend to stay that rank for a long time. It's the first officer rank of any real worth, and it showcases a minimum time in.

I'm not 100% on how the USAF works, but I know the RCAF requires every pilot to be an officer. The USAF has quite a few aircraft so that might account for a bit of the bloated officer numbers. Most other Air Force NCMs likely being aircrew or technical crew. It's just not the same environment or requirement as an Army platoon of NCMs led by a single officer.

this is correct

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 12:59 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote