KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What is the root of all evil?

What is the root of all evil?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

What is the root of all evil?

They say money, but money is just a tool. There are plenty of good people with means.

I say, it's lawyers. mad

Everything... I mean EVERYTHING ****ed up comes from lawyers.

One common way: Lawyer sues a school, establishment overreacts to protect themselves, general public suffers.

Another common way: Lawyer determines how far you can bend a law. Say, by shipping POW's overseas to "water board", because water boarding isn't torture.

Basically, it's an arms race between Slippin' Jimmies, administrators, and the administrators lawyers. And we all get caught in the middle.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 12:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Ignorance

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 12:47 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Ignorance

I like that answer. thumb up

I also think ignorance covers more ground then people realize. Your average Twitterer/Redditer may think Billy Bob the Grand Dragon is an example of ignorance. Bob will be written off as an irrelevant, uneducated hick.

I say that attitude is, in itself, ignorant.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 12:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll keep that in mind when taking the LSAT

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 01:40 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by cdtm
They say money, but money is just a tool. There are plenty of good people with means.

I say, it's lawyers. mad

One common way: Lawyer sues a school, establishment overreacts to protect themselves, general public suffers.

Another common way: Lawyer determines how far you can bend a law. Say, by shipping POW's overseas to "water board", because water boarding isn't torture.

Basically, it's an arms race between Slippin' Jimmies, administrators, and the administrators lawyers. And we all get caught in the middle.

Misery, the true root is misery. Being miserable cause your poor, miserable cause the one you love doesn't love you back, miserable cause your parents loved your sibling more, miserable because you hate who you've become, etc... the variations are virtually endless. I don't know of a single evil act that can't be traced back to someone being miserable about something.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 02:18 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Shame and Arrogance.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 02:55 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: What is the root of all evil?

Originally posted by cdtm

I say, it's lawyers. mad

You said the root.

Lawyers cannot be the root because they serve a function. If the need was not there, lawyers would not serve that function. What are lawyers serving? That function. What is that function? Greed, gain, ego.

But can those be distilled into something more basic? A true root?

Desire.

The root of all evil is desire:

"a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen."

Root of selfishness? Desire.
Root of ego? Desire.
Root of greed? Desire.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 02:55 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Also: bad social equilibriums

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 02:57 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I guess technically the root of all evil is that we are self-conscious of our own vulnerability. I think our moral character arises from how we deal with that knowledge of our own vulnerability.

If we recoil from it and refuse to accept that burden we become insecure and ashamed, and if we mishandle that we become arrogant, and I think arrogance is really where evil starts since it motivates and allows people to put themselves on a platform where they can judge other people with hatred, allow their desires to become inordinately placed over the moral good rather than subordinated beneath it, and shirk responsibility and accountability.

If we accept that vulnerability and bear it for the sake of ourselves and other people we become more humble and motivated by love, which allows us to forgive, apologize, make sacrifices, and be responsible for our betterment and that of the world.

That's just my two cents.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 03:11 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Re: Re: What is the root of all evil?

Originally posted by dadudemon
Desire.

"a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen."

Root of ego? Desire.
Root of greed? Desire.

Made me think of Robert Frost:

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 03:13 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Its simple Greed. Man's most Powerful Emotion.

Close the Thread.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 06:25 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Black people.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 08:50 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

BackFire’s penis.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 08:57 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Humanity.

Originally posted by Impediment
BackFire’s penis.

You are incredibly evil then.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 08:58 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Black people.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Intellect.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:11 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

boomers

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:13 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: What is the root of all evil?

Originally posted by dadudemon
You said the root.

Lawyers cannot be the root because they serve a function. If the need was not there, lawyers would not serve that function. What are lawyers serving? That function. What is that function? Greed, gain, ego.

But can those be distilled into something more basic? A true root?

Desire.

Root of ego? Desire.
Root of greed? Desire.

Very good, but I'd say fear one-ups desire. So Fear, imo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Never thought Robtard’s answer would be closest to my own if anyone else in this thread tbh, but it happened

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:56 PM
snowdragon

quote:
The root of all evil is desire.

quote:
Very good, but I'd say fear one-ups desire. So Fear, imo

I just want to qualify that desire is good it affects those without however desire isn't as good as fear when someone already has abundance or is afraid to lose something.

Hate requires neither desire or fear so there is that.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:58 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote