KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Bill Cosby found guilty and sentenced

Bill Cosby found guilty and sentenced
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bill Cosby found guilty

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 08:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Bill may be guilty, but it doesn’t change the fact the he’s one of the greatest comedians in the history of the profession.

Having said that:

Attachment: 60c019c6-01b0-48b2-9f07-509b1aa2796e.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 08:56 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:06 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Bill may be guilty, but it doesn’t change the fact the he’s one of the greatest comedians in the history of the profession.

Having said that:

Honestly, he never really did it for me. I was into Eddie Murphy in the 80's.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Bill’s prison nickname will be Puddin’.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 09:58 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Even if he didn't have the fame and wealth to keep him out of a prison like that, he's a bit too old for the other prisoners to be sniffing around for his cornhole, imo. Though you're the ex guard, did the old guys get targeted for booty time just the same?

Cosby will end up in a day-spa type of prison, like the one Bernie Madoff is at. Yard has a garden and reflecting pool so the prisoners can mediate. Food is catered in.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 10:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Even if he didn't have the fame and wealth to keep him out of a prison like that, he's a bit too old for the other prisoners to be sniffing around for his cornhole, imo. Though you're the ex guard, did the old guys get targeted for booty time just the same?

Cosby will end up in a day-spa type of prison, like the one Bernie Madoff is at. Yard has a garden and reflecting pool so the prisoners can mediate. Food is catered in.
Bernie Madoff was sentenced too harshly for what he did. The libtard judge let too much of his emotions get through during the sentencing. 150 years for white collar crime is ridiculous when you consider that murderers get less.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 10:04 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Bill will definitely go to a resort/spa “confinement facility” because of his old age and money and status.

Hypothetically, were Bill to go to an actual penitentiary with real inmates then he would become an ad-seg (administrative segregation) inmate and would be put in protective custody status with 23 hours confinement and one hour of outside recreation per day.

Some older and frailer inmates are targets for anal rape, but because of prison pumps nowadays it’s easy for an inmate to get booty either with money, stamps, ramen noodles, etc.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 10:07 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Prison pumps?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 10:19 PM
Impediment
Endless

Prison pumps?

Pimps. Damn autocorrect.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 11:23 PM
Flyattractor

He aint going to Prison. These whoes just doing it for his big fat MONEY!

That is what they want. Fudge Pudding Pop them wanting actual justice.

This just about a pay day.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:59 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

In seriousness, I was a big fan of Cosby. Went to see him live a couple times, and I always thought he was both an excellent comedian and an upstanding societal spokesman. I've never been into celebs in any meaningful sense beyond entertainment purposes, but there are those you like and whose work you deeply appreciate.

We've seen enough unfortunate stories like this to realize that public personas and personal lives are wildly different beasts. So outside of, like, Fred Rogers, hearing that anyone was into horrible sh*t wouldn't surprise me, while also realizing that, however public these falls from grace are, they still represent a minority of people as a whole and even celebs. But it makes it no less disappointing.

So this is sad. But knowing that the judicial system tends to do its job well, it's good that there's justice. He admitted before a jury that he gave certain women quaaludes in the 70s, so while there are potentially those who are just looking to profit off of this, I don't believe his guilt is in any doubt.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 01:08 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Digi
In seriousness, I was a big fan of Cosby. Went to see him live a couple times, and I always thought he was both an excellent comedian and an upstanding societal spokesman. I've never been into celebs in any meaningful sense beyond entertainment purposes, but there are those you like and whose work you deeply appreciate.

We've seen enough unfortunate stories like this to realize that public personas and personal lives are wildly different beasts. So outside of, like, Fred Rogers, hearing that anyone was into horrible sh*t wouldn't surprise me, while also realizing that, however public these falls from grace are, they still represent a minority of people as a whole and even celebs. But it makes it no less disappointing.

So this is sad. But knowing that the judicial system tends to do its job well, it's good that there's justice. He admitted before a jury that he gave certain women quaaludes in the 70s, so while there are potentially those who are just looking to profit off of this, I don't believe his guilt is in any doubt.

Ditto. thumb up

(I never saw him in person but watched many of his stand-up shows)

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 03:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What matters to me is: did these women *know* they were being given drugs? Did he do it without their knowledge?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 04:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:01 PM
Impediment
Endless

Irony.

Attachment: 57e5b4d3-ce4b-4e34-a06d-7fdab13c2f18.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:01 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Surtur
What matters to me is: did these women *know* they were being given drugs? Did he do it without their knowledge?

The details of the trial don't matter to me. Despite my admiration for his earlier work, Cosby's a stranger to me personally, and we have a reasonable standard of evidence required for convictions in the vast majority of cases in this country.

Also, having been on juries a couple times for surprisingly complicated cases, then having the benefit of being able to go back afterward to see the media coverage of it, you realize in a hurry that we don't see a fraction of what actually takes place in even the most well-meaning news reports. Playing armchair jury member, so to speak, is just another way to be upset while being uninformed.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 27th, 2018 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:25 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The details of the trial don't matter to me. Despite my admiration for his earlier work, Cosby's a stranger to me personally, and we have a reasonable standard of evidence required for convictions in the vast majority of cases in this country.

Also, having been on juries a couple times for surprisingly complicated cases, then having the benefit of being able to go back afterward to see the media coverage of it, you realize in a hurry that we don't see a fraction of what actually takes place in even the most well-meaning news reports. Playing armchair jury member, so to speak, is just another way to be upset while being uninformed.

I mean when it comes to giving them drugs it is important what the circumstances were. If he offered them drugs and they accepted...meh. If he drugged them without their knowledge that is wrong.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 05:31 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Surtur
I mean when it comes to giving them drugs it is important what the circumstances were. If he offered them drugs and they accepted...meh. If he drugged them without their knowledge that is wrong.

Agreed. But my point is that it's important to the people in the courtroom, not to me. Despite thinking that people can be spiteful, the process of law prevents gross injustices from happening in all but a select few cases, and usually those aren't in the limelight.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 06:24 PM